steve09ru

The Grilling and Cooking Thread

Pork butt today. Only 3.8 lbs,  but it took 11 hours! Weird, but it turned out great.  I have some beef short ribs dry-brining in the fridge, for tomorrow. 

They were gifted to me from a friend of my sister, who owns a farm with a few head of cattle. 

If they're anything like her briskets, then we're in for a treat!

20190831_195011.jpg

Edited by Skinsfan1311
  • Like 3

First attempt at a smoked pork butt- did a rub mix of smoked paprika, onion powder, salt, pork blend, bbq, jerk pork, oregano, slap yo mama with minced garlic

did a hickory pellet blend and flipped to fat side bottom around 4 hours and sat in an apple cider vinegar, Worcestershire, amber ale, Olive oil and water mixture and kicked up to 300 from 225 (running low on time) here’s 5.5 hours in.  (8 lb bone in)

C2CC8BB4-E18D-495A-AAAB-2D0466C63D51.jpeg

Edited by steve09ru
  • Like 5

Making some baby back ribs today in my slow cooker. Will finish them in the oven with more bbq sauce. Put liquid smoke in the slow cooker. I know this is the **** way to make ribs but I can't have a grill or similar on my porch.

• Like 2

The ribs actually turned out pretty good, next time I will use a dry rub on them in the slow cooker. The meat fell off the bones. I checked a few times to make sure there was still water in the cooker. Didn't have to add anything so that worked. First time I removed the silver membrane, that was easy too. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, LadySkinsFan said:

First time I removed the silver membrane, that was easy too. 

Yeah gotta remove the silver skin!! Just grab it with a paper towel and rip it off.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, HOF44 said:

Yeah gotta remove the silver skin!! Just grab it with a paper towel and rip it off.  

Thanks for the paper towel tip, although hands can be washed after (my method!).

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Thanks for the paper towel tip, although hands can be washed after (my method!).

True, but the paper towel provides a surprising amount of grip. It's a game changer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1