Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Richmond.com: Redskins among the teams eligible for 'Hard Knocks' (MET)

warriorz

hmm...well, that leaves it to the bills, dolphins, jets, browns, texans, jaguars, titans, and raiders in the AFC and giants, vikings, bears, falcons, buccaneers, and rams and us in the NFC. so that means we have a 1/15 shot of making it. although the bills, dolphins, jets, bears, and falcons will have a 1st year HC this off-season so count them out, so we have a 1/10 shot....uh oh....

From the article:

"The Cleveland Browns, would offer the intrigue of Johnny Manziel."

"Other teams that could be forced to participate are the New York Giants, Minnesota Vikings, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, St. Louis Rams, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans."

There are 8 other teams, so we have a 1/9 shot if it was random.  There are story lines everywhere, but if they want drama...That's us.

From Wiki - These are the teams that have already been on:

This is so dumb it made my dog whimper.

LOL!!!!

I only listen to sports talk radio in my car, and from all I heard, everyone was super-psyched about the Falcons being on Hard Knocks, and are regretting that decision now.  It certainly didn't help anything.  Let's not even entertain this notion, please.

To me they're going to pick a team that either has a storyline they think they can easily sell or an attraction they think they can sell, or both. In my mind that seperates these elligible teams into four packs:

Most likely

Browns - Manziel draws eyes, love him or hate him

Redskins - Griffin, similarly, draws eyes and the controversy with him / Cousins / Colt competing could be compelling

Buccaneers - Shiny new high draft pick quarterback

Titans - Shiny new high draft pick quarterback*

Less likely but plausible

Giants - Beckham is becoming an attraction, and a compelling storyline with Eli and Coughlin potentially needing to show well to stay on top

Rams - Jeff Fisher seems like an intriguing figure, and the team is scrappy which may make for some interesting television

Long Shot

Vikings - First year that their "new shiny quarterback" is actually coming in as the unquestioned starter**

Jaguars - First year that their "new shiny quarterback" is actually coming in as the unquestioned starter

Texans - JJ Watt may generate some viewership

* - If both big name QB's don't come out, or the Titans don't take one, then they move down to long shot

** - If the Vikings take a high draft pick RB, like Melvin Gordon, to replace AP then they move up to the less likely teir

Call it Game of Clowns. Viewers love drama, dysfunction, and comedy rolled into 1 show. I'm surprised HBO hasn't picked us yet.

Would be real interesting to see what goes on behind the scenes in this organization.

I don't want to know because it's probably horrifying.

IMO I don't think the NFL will force the Redskins to be the team on Hard Knocks due to the whole team name controversy. They know it will stir up a ton of negative press again. It would outweigh the desired publicity the NFL wants.

I think this pretty much says it all...

I agree...the Skins have got to be at the bottom of the NFL's list....

I said the following in the Twitter thread so I'll just build on that a bit:

For the first time ever I would be OK with Hard Knocks being around this offseason, for a few reasons.  (1) The organization presently suffers from a lack of transparency and I wouldn't mind a little bit of insight, even if the message is filtered by the NFL, the Redskins, and HBO.  (2) The Hard Knocks team is very professional and doesn't strive for sensationalism so I actually think the team would be shown in a sympathetic light, something that can't hurt considering the franchise is currently either ridiculed or reviled by everyone in sports.  (3) Getting to hear Liev Schreiber say "For the first time since his purchase of the franchise, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has hired a full-time general manager to handle football operations."  Then it segues into the introduction of Great Scot.

I said the following in the Twitter thread so I'll just build on that a bit:

For the first time ever I would be OK with Hard Knocks being around this offseason, for a few reasons.  (1) The organization presently suffers from a lack of transparency and I wouldn't mind a little bit of insight, even if the message is filtered by the NFL, the Redskins, and HBO.  (2) The Hard Knocks team is very professional and doesn't strive for sensationalism so I actually think the team would be shown in a sympathetic light, something that can't hurt considering the franchise is currently either ridiculed or reviled by everyone in sports.  (3) Getting to hear Liev Schreiber say "For the first time since his purchase of the franchise, Redskins owner Daniel Snyder has hired a full-time general manager to handle football operations."  Then it segues into the introduction of Great Scot.

I'm with you here.  This is literally the first time that I would be cool with a Hard Knocks in Ashburn.  For years, I was afraid that cameras would distract our guys and prevent them from making the playoffs... At this point I have zero expectations for even a .500 team, so LIGHTS, CAMERA, ACTION baby!

With this being said, one of the posters above had a great point that the NFL will do their best to keep the 'Redskins' name as quiet as possible in the offseason.

Archived