Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Stuart Scott, 49 has passed away

SWFLSkins

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/12118296/stuart-scott-espn-anchor-dies-age-49

Stuart Scott, a longtime anchor at ESPN, died Sunday morning at the age of 49.

Among the features of the new ESPN studio in Bristol is a wall of catchphrases made famous by on-air talent over the years. An amazing nine of them belong to one man -- from his signature "Boo-Yah!" to "As cool as the other side of the pillow" to "He must be the bus driver cuz he was takin' him to school."

That man is Stuart Scott, and his contributions to the sports lexicon are writ large. But they are only one aspect of his legacy. When he passed away, he left behind so much more. He inspired his colleagues with his sheer talent, his work ethic and his devotion to his daughters, Taelor, 19, and Sydni, 15. He defied convention and criticism to help bring this network into a new century. He spoke to the very athletes he was talking about with a flair and a style that ESPN President John Skipper says, "changed everything."

Rest in peace Stu. Always thought you brought a unique style and attention to detail to your work that you performed with a child like enthusiasm. By the tributes on ESPN and the Rich Eisen monologue on the NFL Network it is obvious that you were loved and will be greatly missed.

Godspeed and prayers to your family..........

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Call him butter because he's on a roll.

Boo yah!

I cried listening to Rich Eisen talk about Stuart this morning.

Without question my favorite SC anchor after Olberman and Patrick ended their run.

I lost it.

Cooler than the other side of the pillow.

Call him butter because he's on a roll.

Boo yah!

I cried listening to Rich Eisen talk about Stuart this morning.

Without question my favorite SC anchor after Olberman and Patrick ended their run.

I lost it.

My wife watched some of the segments this morning including the ESPY award, she didn't even know who he was but recognized him, she lost it. His story and his way was very powerful. Entertaining, smart, witty and genuine, he was one of the best announcers ever for me. 

1f486.png1f64f.png1f614.png Rest In Paradise!! HTTR!

B6h2xxSCUAAFn-O.jpg

Was never a huge fan of his act, but in spite of that, his influence on sports broadcasting was undeniable.  And watching the tributes and how he touched people, THAT'S how you leave your mark on this world.  We should all be so lucky to leave an impact on just one person like that.  RIP

Archived