Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2015 Washington Nationals Thread - Hot Stove News: Daniel Murphy signed, Phillips is an idiot.

Riggo#44

Taylor is borderline starter material (particularly if he improves some this year). Kinda why I was thinking Span if we can get him cheap for one year. Already have insurance behind him.

Maybe, but you're sacrificing a lot of bat for his glove in CF. His hit tool isn't really that great to begin with and the strikeouts are likely not going to decrease very much. Taylor is the guy you can't bat 8th, but you don't want to hit higher than 6th.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/12/boras-free-agency-chris-davis-denard-span.html

Boras also discussed center fielder Denard Span, who he says is recovering nicely from hip surgery. Some teams have already “been down to see him,” said the agent. He adds that he expects Span to find a deal “in the very near future.”

Nothing on a private workout and it looks like teams are already interested.

He seemed happy here. And Dusty likes him some black guys. I wonder if he'd be willing to take a small discount here for a chance to compete and a thank you for not giving him a QO?

he played his way out of the minors last year

I'd be disappointed if he spent that much time in the minors next season

He could use a little more seasoning, and the place for further development isn't sitting on the bench in the bigs.

Good insurance in case of injury or serious performance issues (looking at you Espi). You just want to keep him playing every day in the meantime.

I thought they rushed him up because they were desperate for a body and some hopeful talent during the playoff run? He didn't exactly light the world on fire while up.

They didn't rush him. He was a Sept call up and got limited action. He's definitely accomplished what he needed to in the minors and is probably ready for MLB work. Unfortunately when you are a team that has division title aspirations, "probably" doesn't cut it heading into a season.

I personally think that Turner would do just fine as a starter for the Nats next year, but if he had trouble with major league pitching kind of like MAT last year then we'd be screwed.

Archived