Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What is Gruden's plan if he doesn't believe in Robert or Kirk?

NoCalMike

Alot of the problems revolve around the o-line protection, or lack thereof.

ANY QB behind that o-line should be nervous as a pregnant nun.

But, and many might not agree, but IMO both Griffin and Cousins can be good/very good QBs but it will take some work with both of them. Griffin's best attribute is his mobility; his worst is his field vision. Cousins best attribute is his pocket awareness; his worst is throwing picks.  Forgive me for sounding like a broken record, but both can be fixed with solid QB coaching offseason program.

Both have shown us they have the basic tools to be a starting QB; they've also shown us they're not immune to slumps. Neither is trash. Griffin is a great athlete, but needs work on his pocket skills, and Cousins set records in college, so both do possess the skills needed, what they need is help with their issues, not a jog through the starting position revolving door.

Maybe the problem is actually Gruden; look at it this way; all he really has to hang his hat on is Dalton. It could very well possibly be a lucky bounce for Gruden, but he's far from a seasoned proven QB coach.

Get them some help while the line is being rebuilt, and this could be a bump in the road; leave it to Gruden to fix, and it could be a sink hole.

NFL Options (not in order) : Cutler, Foles, D. Anderson, Glennon, Hoyer, Sanchez, Garrapola (NE), Mallett, Keenum...

College options: Winston, Hundley, ???

It aint pretty - - can see why we may be in for one more year of this QB headache.

I would love to get Garrapola if the trade value were right, I dont see NE giving him up.

Well so much for this thread staying away from hating on Griffin.  Seriously, take that **** elsewhere. This isn't the thread for that.

So you want to take a thread titled "What is Grudens plan if he doesn't believe in Robert or Kirk" and keep anyone from talking bad about Rob? What about Kirk, why didn't you reference anyone talking about Kirk negatively? Or is it just the fact people no longer believe Rob is the guy which upsets you. Hell, people don't believe Kirk is the guy either, but I don't see any Kirk fans crying about the hating about him. This is a thread about Gruden and QBs, unless Rob has already been traded (nope, just checked, not traded yet) he is a QB and part of the equation.

So first we have to assume a few things.

1) Gruden is not a fan of any of the three QB's currently on the roster

2) Snyder at least intends to give Gruden the five years in his contract

3) Gruden isn't going to modify the offense going forward

All three of these assumptions suck.

1) Gruden might still be a Kirk fan.  We can't be sure.  He obviously hates RG3.

2) Snyder is going to fire Gruden after year three, maybe year four if this team somehow lucks into an 8-8 season.

3) Why not?

New QB should be about the last concern for Gruden ... to much needed before that and another QB would be wasted until things get fundementally right

1 - Gruden needs to define what its going to mean to be a Redskins player ... keep it simple, align it with achieving excellence, apply it to everything, repeat it endlessly and enforce it ruthlessly.

2 - Associated with #1 ... fix the team's personality ... on the field, in the locker room, off the field ... players as well as every employee.  No more leaks, no more BS in the press, no more prima donnas, etc.  Winning is the job, you're either helping to win or you're not doing your job.

3 - Press re-set ... every position is open competition

4 - Trade any player on the team for a day 1 or 2 pick.  Trade almost any player on the team for 4th round or better pick

5 - Get at least 2 immediate starting players from the first two rounds of the draft each year for the 4 to 5 years

6 - Cut ties with existing players who don't fit the rebuild vision/objective

7 - End the drama ... If Griffin isn't the desired QB then get rid of him before camp taking the best return possible.  If Griffin is the desired QB make him earn it or sit (and reevaluate keeping him if he doesn't earn it)... personally I'd send him on his way for a ball of balls.

8 - Draft for need for the next couple of years ... so many holes in the starting line up "best available" ought to include someone who fills one of these holes

9 - Refine the coaching staff ... below average performance linked to the coaching/schemes should be fixed with new coaches

10 - Prioritize the foundations ... offensive line/TE and passing defense (line/backs)

11 - FA to minimized and short term gap fillers unless a gem pre-prime years is available

So you want to take a thread titled "What is Grudens plan if he doesn't believe in Robert or Kirk" and keep anyone from talking bad about Rob? What about Kirk, why didn't you reference anyone talking about Kirk negatively? Or is it just the fact people no longer believe Rob is the guy which upsets you. Hell, people don't believe Kirk is the guy either, but I don't see any Kirk fans crying about the hating about him. This is a thread about Gruden and QBs, unless Rob has already been traded (nope, just checked, not traded yet) he is a QB and part of the equation.

I haven't noticed anyone talking about Kirk.  It's all about Robert.  But the thread isn't about the QBs.  It's about Gruden and what he will do if Robert and Kirk are not the answer.  If people want to whine about Kirk or Robert, this is not the thread. 

No idea what that means. LOL

Single wing is snap to fullback..etc... A Pop Warner play. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-wing_formation

The direct snap or toss from the center usually went to the tailback or fullback; however, the quarterback could also take the ball. The tailback was very important to the success of the offense because he had to run, pass, block, and even punt. Unlike today, the quarterback usually blocked at the point of attack. As with his modern day counterpart, a single-wing quarterback might also act as a field general by calling plays. The fullback was chosen for his larger size so that he could "buck" the line. This meant that the fullback would block or carry the ball between the defensive tackles. The wingback could double-team block with an offensive lineman at scrimmage or even run a pass route.[10]

Rather than coming into a thread, not bothering to actually deal with the thrads topic at all, getting RIDICULOUSLY defensive and your dander up over something stupid....how about you actually say something relevant to the discussion.

Do you konw why he probably said what he said? I went back and looked at every instance of "Kirk" or "Cousins and "Griffin" or "RG3" prior to your post...looking for instances where a person was being exceedingly negative/attacking about either in a way not directly dealing with the topic (what gruden plans if he, in this hypoethetical, doesn't believe in either)

There was one comment, by Alexa, that seemingly took a needless swipe at Cousins (bringing up his turnovers when talking about Sanchez not being an option; and even that was somewhat related to the topic, going with the assumption in the OP that Gruden didn't believe in Kirk and thus explaining why he'd likely not believe in Sanchez).

That was it.

On the flip side, there was 5 statements right off that were made not really dealing with discussing the topic in any significant way but were just swiping at griffin and him being bad.

It'd be one thing if you actually gave even a MILD attempt to actually address the topic and participate...but ALL you've done is jump in, get massively defensive, say something ridiculous dumb given the actual context of the thread, and just further fuel the idiotic "cousins vs griffin" flame fest that various posters who are so desperately invested in their support/disdain for the players are continually mucking up threads with.

Rather than coming into a thread, not bothering to actually deal with the thrads topic at all, getting RIDICULOUSLY defensive and your dander up over something stupid....how about you actually say something relevant to the discussion.

Do you konw why he probably said what he said? I went back and looked at every instance of "Kirk" or "Cousins and "Griffin" or "RG3" prior to your post...looking for instances where a person was being exceedingly negative/attacking about either in a way not directly dealing with the topic (what gruden plans if he, in this hypoethetical, doesn't believe in either)

There was one comment, by Alexa, that seemingly took a needless swipe at Cousins (bringing up his turnovers when talking about Sanchez not being an option; and even that was somewhat related to the topic, going with the assumption in the OP that Gruden didn't believe in Kirk and thus explaining why he'd likely not believe in Sanchez).

That was it.

On the flip side, there was 5 statements right off that were made not really dealing with discussing the topic in any significant way but were just swiping at griffin and him being bad.

It'd be one thing if you actually gave even a MILD attempt to actually address the topic and participate...but ALL you've done is jump in, get massively defensive, say something ridiculous dumb given the actual context of the thread, and just further fuel the idiotic "cousins vs griffin" flame fest that various posters who are so desperately invested in their support/disdain for the players are continually mucking up threads with.

Not sure I was massively defensive, but if that is how you took it, so be it. My point was clear though, not sure how it was mixed. EVERY thread which even references anything negative becomes a hate thread aboutRG3. Not just one, EVERY one. There are threads referenced other things, guees what, the whole RG3 hate, Kirk hate materializes. There are number of posters who are extremely defensive of RG3 and go into attack mode if ANYTHING negative is posted. It gets old. If I sounded frustrated, I am.

Also, if you go to page 1, you will see my initial contribution to this thread, but, seeing as you read through all posts, you probably already knew that though. Not to mention, didn't really see anything BLASTING and particular QB, seen both positive and negative on both.

Now, to add my thoughts on this, if Jay doesn't believe in either one, then I believe Colt will be resigned and he will either prove to be of value or we will be looking for another QB in 2016. If not Colt, he will sign another FA (Sanchez would be a guess) and move on from both of our current QBs.

If I sounded frustrated, I am.

Sorry, but if you're looking for empathy over your "frustration" with a problem that I think you're one of the primary culprits in cultivating and continuing on this forum then you're not going to find any here. But I will admit, I was wrong in suggesting you hadn't contributed to the topic prior to your worthless attempt to churn up yet more pointless Griffin Vs Cousins BS.

Sorry, but if you're looking for empathy over your "frustration" with a problem that I think you're one of the primary culprits in cultivating and continuing on this forum then you're not going to find any here. But I will admit, I was wrong in suggesting you hadn't contributed to the topic prior to your worthless attempt to churn up yet more pointless Griffin Vs Cousins BS.

I wasn't the one who brought up Griffin or Cousins (feel free to reread my posts) in this thread. Also, feel free to read all my posts and you will also see I am not a primary culprit in anything. I definitely am not looking for empathy over anything or from anyone. The post you felt the need to attack me for was a response to another post talking about this becoming another "RG hate thread" when it clearly was not, didn't see you respond so diligently to that person about cultivating whatever you accused me of.

No need to apologize though. Have a Happy New Year and maybe next year we will be discussing a winning season, or discussing more of the same.

OMG. SMH. 

I guess there must be people here with some really good inside information cause I don't see Gruden "disliking" Cousins. I clearly see Gruden "disliking" RG3 though. 

I have gotten the feeling from his interviews that he would like to coach up McCoy and Cousins this off season and see if either can take the reigns. With the animosity between Gruden and RG3 I figure RG3 will be gone either traded or let go.

What I have no idea about is will Gruden bring in a Vet free agent or will he look to draft a QB and have open competition?

Personally I'm of the drafting normally but in this case I think either McCoy or Cousins can fix their problems and be the man. So I'd bring in a Vet and use the draft on OL and DB's to fix the issues.  

Archived