Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jeff Fisher Trolls Redskins During Coin Toss

LetThePointsSoar

I have to admit I'm in a bit of shock reading folks here defending the trade.

I thought at this point the jury was in and we were found guilty.

This season has taught me that we have the dumbest fans in the NFL. So many are completely oblivious to the fact that we're one of the worst teams in the league. It's always one player, or one coach, or one whatever, away from being a contender. Heck, even a few posts before yours someone said "One day the Redskins will return to the top;" seriously? What gives anyone even the slightest inkling that that's possible? Is it the fact that Snyder's the 2nd youngest owner in the league and has children, guaranteeing that he'll have control of the franchise for the rest our lives?

I still see people thinking RG3 is either going to come back for the Redskins and light it up, or go to another team and set the league on fire. Are these people not paying attention? RG3 is sitting on the bench and from the sounds of it, the best offer might be a conditional 4th round pick. Wow, we sure won that trade with the Rams...we'll get a conditional 4th round pick out of it!

71Tt4LT.png

LOL, winning a division title and getting bounced in the first round is kind of a weak argument. The results speak for themselves. Griffin is on the bench and the Rams CLEARLY have a better future moving forward than the Redskins do.

I think what Fischer did was quite funny. Dan and his yes man GM deserved to be getting bent over right now. Lesson learned the real hard way.

Winning a division title and having the world champs on the ropes in a playoff game is a weak argument compared to no division titles, no playoff appearances, three losing seasons and players that will hit free agency after next year?? 

I like my chances with the jury..  ;-)

Who is to say if the Skins kept the picks we would've drafted the same players?

The point is you can't look at the trade from the standpoint of RG3 vs. all those players. 

Except that's the only way you can look at the trade. What we got versus what they got. It doesn't matter who the Redskins might have drafted if we kept the picks.

It's the same as the Ricky Williams trade. The Saints gave up an entire draft for a player who smoked his way out of the league. The Redskins didn't do anything with any of those picks. In the end, no one cares about this draft because everyone lost. Had we held onto Champ Bailey, you'd still probably be hearing about how the Saints screwed it up. Or had we not wasted half the picks trading up a few spots in the draft. It might have been the start of 2nd Redskins dynasty. But no, we can only look at it as to what both sides ended up with.

Shanahan sent a message to danny Boy through is long time buddy Jeff. I feel someday when he'll call it quits on coaching he'll open up the pandora's box

Shame on Danny for giving him the HC position and full control of the roster, seeing how he ****ed that up in his last job.

I love the rationalizing in this thread. So it wasn't a bad trade because the Rams haven't won a Super Bowl yet?

To me it's not a bad trade if the Skins weren't raped of $36m in cap space. You combine the 2 & it was an anal raping by **** Mara & **** Lurie.  There are tons of missed 1st round picks. None left a team more exposed because of the gang rape by those 2 owners.

Maybe the Redskins should have sent out someone wearing #21 to remind STL of their brilliant 1st round pick of Lawrence Phillips.Or, better, sent out women for the coin flip to remind them of that POS they drafted (knowing he was a POS in college).  Or how about trotting out someone wearing #24 for the immortal Trung Candidate. Or they could have sent out someone wearing #91 to remind everyone of the POS Leonard Little who killed someone while driving drunk while playing for STL. 

See how easy this is? Trolling a team because the picks they made are better? ****ing Fisher should have been down on his knees praying for the people his franchise has hurt. 

@GoSkins: was there seriously a player named TRUNG CANDIDATE? no joke?

Sure (I misspelled it the 1st time) .

"Trung Jered Canidate (born March 3, 1977 is a former American football running back in the NFL. Drafted out of Arizona, Canidate was selected with the 31st overall pick of the 2000 NFL Draft by the ST. Louis Rams. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trung_Canidate

And...I failed to mention he was traded to the Redskins in 2002. Another great, great trade by the legendary Redskins front office. 

Sure (I misspelled it the 1st time) .

"Trung Jered Canidate (born March 3, 1977 is a former American football running back in the NFL. Drafted out of Arizona, Canidate was selected with the 31st overall pick of the 2000 NFL Draft by the ST. Louis Rams. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trung_Canidate

And...I failed to mention he was traded to the Redskins in 2002. Another great, great trade by the legendary Redskins front office. 

well, i mean it should be pretty obvious to just about anyone that anybody with the name "Trung Canidate" is pretty much going to suck :lol:

It may very well go down as the worst trade in NFL history.

And it might. But for an organization like STL to "troll" a team with the picks they have made over the years is appalling. Killers & women abusers and they want to show off about how they got the best of a trade? ****...spend some time telling people how you're making things better.

Trolling...what a ****ing 21st century self-gratifying term. 

Edit: btw...who were the Redskins captains that day? Was one of them Kerrigan? If so, I'd love to start spread the word the Redskins "trolled" STL to bring attention to DUI & the people they kill. 

I wish the media asked more questions and paid more attention to the fact that Fisher had the Rams blitzing like crazy, up 24-0 with less than 3 minutes to go in the game against his opponent's back-up QB.

he was down by 2, and had the rams D on his fantasy team?

Fisher was and is a classless jerk period. As far as the Redskins sucking, yes that is true. We hired a 2 time winning super bowl coach and it didn't work out. That is because MS is not a team building coach. He won in Denver but the team was already built before he got there. When the team got old he could not rebuild them either. Now we hired another coach. Is he a team builder? Time will tell but if we still suck after next year, and we see no improvement, then he should go and we should be looking for a team builder. It is hard to rebuild a team period and harder when you have no high draft choices and a cap penalty to boot. As far as RG3 you guys are forgetting that most QBs drafted don't smell the field for 2 years never alone start. Now we hire a coach that is supposed to train RG3. Well that kind of training takes years. It is harder with a crap O-line. You see Brady and Payton play great but they have stacked teams. So much easier when you are playing with a lead. How good did Payton look in last years super bowl.  I would love to see Brady play on our team. He would be gun shy in 2 games. I think Gruden should stick to rebuilding and hire a QB coach that can use RG3 strengths. Oh yea, Fisher is still a as-hole.

Foot on the Neck blitzing us up late. I like it.

Fisher took a page out of Bellichek's playbook. 

I bet his players liked it, having fun, being aggressive. Padding their sack stats in garbage time since the entire world knew what play we were going to run, the dump off to Redd. Well, everyone but our offense knew. There was no risk at all to them to blitz. The greater risk was instilling complacency to his defense by going prevent. Or, losing a tie breaker in points allowed. Why risk it?

I wish we had a coach like that. I still think it was telling in training camp. Belly had his guys running sprints after practice. Brady was running hurry up using one word play calls at the line.

Gruden was still pinching himself. He should have been taking mad notes, and finding a QB Coach.

Archived