Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jeff Fisher Trolls Redskins During Coin Toss

LetThePointsSoar

Probably somewhere in the middle. And honestly, you provided a vast middle (No Hibbert).

That's one extreme or the other. Personally, I think that if they don't find a QB, they'll be a perennial 8 to 10 win team. Nothing g from them I've seen so far suggests to me that they are on the verge of multiple titles, or a **** sandwich

Sorry, let me clarify.

There's 1 first place and 31 second places. There's no other way to measure.

Sorry, let me clarify.

There's 1 first place and 31 second places. There's no other way to measure.

Ah, I understand now. From a fan perspective, I could easily see the second scenario. After 2-3 years they'll have to start to commiting to some of these guys and letting others walk.

Their defense is good. SB good. Dunno about the rest of them though. I doubt they'll be able to put everything together to be a SB winner, or even a favorite, before then.

The Lions are getting ready to encounter kind of the same thing, along with SF. Unless youre Tom Brady, Peyton, or Rodgers, your team has a limited window to make something happen.

I don't think you have to win the Superbowl to say you've won a trade or that it was successful. That line of thinking is pretty silly IMO. 

That said, I do understand people pointing out that the Rams haven't won anything since the trade. But I think it should also be pointed out that the highest pick we got from that trade was the second overall pick from the last draft, he's a rookie this season... so I think it's a little early even if your line of thinking is "if the Rams dont win a superbowl the trade is a wash."

Personally I think the Rams are in position to become a really good team if we can get the QB figured out or if Fisher would keep Bradford and he could stay healthy. I don't fault Fisher for not making the playoffs this year. I wouldn't be surprised if we finish 9-7 and that's not bad for the third year of a rebuild where your QB missed the entire year and even your second string QB was injured for a good 1/3 of the season. 

Sorry, I probably shouldn't be here after the Rams won.

Rams would probably be a playoff contender if they didn't play in the NFC West, but their QB situation is a big problem, and frankly their entire offense looked bad against what is an increasingly atrocious Redskins defense.

Regardless, I thought the coin toss thing was bush league. The Skins and Rams are not rivals.

If you don't win a Super Bowl... It's a wash.

I would only make a trade like that for 1 position, QB.

A QB can flip your franchise. See A. Luck. We tried and missed.

You can take 5 years of picking twice in first round and still never be a real contender.

If you like being so close and 'competitive', well than, good for you. That's silly IMO.

And I'd be nothing less than shocked if Rams finished 9-7.

you make it seem like the rams are horrible. they're not. they're 6-7, and they're only 1 game below .500. plus, the 3rd place team in the NFC West (49ers) are 7-6, and they've played horribly lately. its not out of the question for the cardinals to finish in 3rd place ahead of the 49ers

They are 3 games better than us. We are horrible. In my book, that doesn't give them ANY place to gloat like they're the '85 Bears.

In middle school, there was this fat kid named Jared. He was totally uncivilized and lacked any social skills. Despite his having no friends and no desirable qualities, he picked on George… the mildly retarded kid who was the only one fatter, less athletic, and less socialized than Jared.

The Rams are Jared.

The Redskins are George.

In middle school, there was this fat kid named Jared. He was totally uncivilized and lacked any social skills. Despite his having no friends and no desirable qualities, he picked on George… the mildly retarded kid who was the only one fatter, less athletic, and less socialized than Jared.

The Rams are Jared.

The Redskins are George.

And we have a winner....

I would only make a trade like that for 1 position, QB.

A QB can flip your franchise. See A. Luck. We tried and missed.

You can take 5 years of picking twice in first round and still never be a real contender.

If you like being so close and 'competitive', well than, good for you. That's silly IMO.

And I'd be nothing less than shocked if Rams finished 9-7.

Yeah, cause building a really strong team before finding a QB has never worked for any Super Bowl champion...unless you consider the defending super bowl champions.

While teams with great QBs have a better chance of competing for a Super Bowl year in and year out, how many made trades for those QBs similar to what the Redskins attempted? They only I can think of are when players forced the team that would have drafted them to trade them.

Well, even if that's your line of thinking (and I don't necessarily disagree with it), I still think it's impossible to say you couldn't pick a winner or loser in a trade. I think it's fairly easy unless both sides got a good deal and it's too close to tell. 

I didn't say I just wanted the Rams to be close and competitive. Of course that's not the ultimate goal, although you have to be realistic too. Teams like the Rams and Redskins weren't winning the Superbowl this season, even if Bradford didn't get hurt and RG3 didn't tank, we'd still be outsiders to try to win a Superbowl even if we make the playoffs.

In 2011, the year before Fisher took over, we won two games. In 2010 it was 2, 2009 was 1 2008 was `2..... He didn't start with the best foundation. Is taking that team over in 2012 then winning a Superbowl in the 2014 realistic? Possibly I guess if everything goes perfectly. I've seen the Rams win one Superbowl and I want to see them win another. But I think that it's possible to measure success, whether that's for a season or with a trade, without winning a Superbowl.

Seriously. I don't understand why it even matters what their record is. They could be winless, and it'd still be hilarious. It's basically rubbing it in our faces that our savior is sitting on the bench because he's so terrible.

Every thread on here is calling people "classless." The media leaks are "classless" for being anonymous, London Fletcher is "classless" for calling out Haslett in public, Gruden is "classless" for his press conferences, and Fisher is "classless" for this. Maybe everyone is just calling the Redskins out for being a joke? Maybe no one cares if they come off as "classless" to the fans of this dumpster fire?

Or maybe the common theme around this team is "classless". Man what sad times to be a Redskins fan. Only the Washington Redskins could make a trade for a player like Griffin, have him post the best rookie season of all time for a QB and two years later he is riding the bench because of poor play. That division title was all just a set up to make the epic failure that much worse. I still can't understand how we were hiring a coach last offseason that was supposed to help Griffin reach his potential and said coach has said "**** it" already after an offseason and handful of games. We also went from having "the best backup QB in the league" to a man who also now has shattered confidence. Only our Redskins can pull off the unbelievable like this.

I thought what Fisher did was pretty damn funny. They aren't doing great things either as a result of the trade so who cares. The absolute punishing they handed us was by far way worse than what they did at the coin toss.

Redskins division titles-1

Rams division titles - 0

The defense rests...

As we have said to Eagles fans for decades.... Division titles mean jack squat, it's Super Bowls that matter. Division titles are nice and all but that's not what the players play for, what we are here for and why a lot of us have multiple thousands of posts. When we won it in 2012, it felt good for a week and then after the Seattle playoff loss, i like probably most of the members here had forgotten about it and instead had a feeling of dread about the unknown. What have division titles done for the Capitals and Nationals.... I still see them as losers with their seasons ending in frustration.

The Rams may well end up more successful from the trade, but so far they haven't been. 

They will be.  They're up and coming.  They just beat the two perrenial bad franchises the radiers and redskins 80 - 0.  They are a good quarterback away from being really good.

The captain trolling also played a role with Greg Williams.  Whom Snyder snubbed in favor of Zorn. I still chuckee on that one.  It was Fishers way of throwing it back in Dan Snyders face.  Plus, Fisher and Shanahan are good friends.   Dan desrved it.

So much for blaming Shanahan.    It's all on Dan.   The new Bidwell Sr.

snyder probably didnt realize that those are the players that the rams took with the draft picks we gave them, because he is most likely paying more attention to the team that he is the owner of.

If Snyder was actually paying more attention to the team of which he is an owner, said team would likely be winning consistently. Instead, our only winning season since 2008 was 2012 when we were 10-6. And I'm starting to believe that was just a fluke.

I can't even get angry about this. This organization sucks. I have really had it this time. Not another dime spent or emotional drop of energy spent until they start to do things the correct way. If that never happens for the remainder of my lifetime so be it. I grew up in the 80's and can always hang my hat on those years. Why anyone under the age of 30 roots for this team I'm sure I don't know. If you are local the Baltimore Ravens are much better in every way imaginable. Save yourself the headache and root for a real NFL team not this clown show.

Archived