Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Jeff Fisher Trolls Redskins During Coin Toss

LetThePointsSoar

Since the trade both teams have losing records. Both teams probably would have had losing records with or without the trade. Fisher has accomplished nothing, curious move at best.

Who gives a ****? The Rams could bust on every one of the picks we gave them. It doesn't change the fact that it was another in a long line of Redskins failures. And not just any failure either... the kind that is talked about in "The Worst _________ of All Time" conversations. It really is an impressive feat that one organization can have so many **** ups of such great magnitude in such a short amount of time.

Who gives a ****? The Rams could bust on every one of the picks we gave them. It doesn't change the fact that it was another in a long line of Redskins failures. And not just any failure either... the kind that is talked about in "The Worst _________ of All Time" conversations. It really is an impressive feat that one organization can have so many **** ups of such great magnitude in such a short amount of time.

Thought the topic had to do with Fisher trolling the Redskins,not the ineptitude of this franchise. There are plenty of other threads which address that topic. Doesn't justify what I consider childish behavior on Fisher's part. My previous point was that  Fisher really hasn't accomplished all that much himself and is hardly justified in trying to show up any other franchise.    

Good for you.

It also doesnt change the fact that despite the trade the Rams have won jack despite the stupid Redskins handing them the universe on a platter. Like I said before, it was a good joke, and a good trade. Beyond that, I dont get the hype. Yay, they beat a team with no arms. Let me get some lipstick and kiss their ass. Yeah..... no.

Who gives a ****? I do. A lot of other fans do. Snyder sucks. We're a dumpster fire. A national tragedy. They have a losing record since the trade, and they have no QB. They made off good. Not great. Not legendary. Not enough for anyone but them to high five themselves and talk about it. Repeatedly.

But the coin toss thing was cute. Hooray for the Rams football dynasty.

I know all about the trade. At least I think I know it all. What is the coin toss part?

Good lord man.  SMDH....

Guess I'll save you the "hassle" of actually reading the OP or clicking on the link.  Fisher trotted out 6 of the 8 players the Rams acquired in the trade for RG3 for the coin toss last weekend (the other 2 aren't on the team any longer IIRC). 

The alternative for Allen was to take the full 36m in one year when they released or traded AH.

Or they would have had to keep AH around.

There were no good options.

There were 3 things that sunk the skins in 2013:

1. The cap penalty

2. Griffins knee injury

3. Lack of first round pick.

The three things together, coupled with the unsavory ending of the Shanahan era, sunk the team like the titanic.

All of which come from a team led by morons. Signing Haynesworth for 100Mil was moronic. Everybody knew he 1/2 assed it and played up for his contract year. (Remember what other team was after him? Allen/Gruden led the Bucs)  Then this year they signed Hatcher in a similar situation except he's old. Contract year with career stats but maybe he's played better than expected. Still a dumb move for a 3-13 team.

RG3 was about trading away more #1 draft picks for a QB than any other team has used on a QB in 2 decades. Now the Redskins have used 7 first rounders on QB's in 2 decades and have NOTHING to show for it for that entire 2 decades and this next decade too.

dunce-cap1.jpg

Good lord man.  SMDH....

Guess I'll save you the "hassle" of actually reading the OP or clicking on the link.  Fisher trotted out 6 of the 8 players the Rams acquired in the trade for RG3 for the coin toss last weekend (the other 2 aren't on the team any longer IIRC). 

No, I read the link and I know thy brought out the players for a "coin toss". I'm saying, what is a "coin toss". I apologize if this has already been discussed. I didn't see it anywhere in the thread though.

No, I read the link and I know thy brought out the players for a "coin toss". I'm saying, what is a "coin toss". I apologize if this has already been discussed. I didn't see it anywhere in the thread though.

Please tell me you're just pulling my leg....LOL.  Maybe my sarcasm meter is on the fritz again. 

My post makes sense since we were told not to do it. If we were right then why did we pay the fine?

The fact that we were told not to do it is collusion. Which is illegal.

The alternative was to keep AH or android a 30M cap hit.

I don't blame Allen for this. That's on Vinny/Dan.

There are plenty of other things to hold against Allen. No reason to pile this on.

All of which come from a team led by morons. Signing Haynesworth for 100Mil was moronic. Everybody knew he 1/2 assed it and played up for his contract year. (Remember what other team was after him? Allen/Gruden led the Bucs) Then this year they signed Hatcher in a similar situation except he's old. Contract year with career stats but maybe he's played better than expected. Still a dumb move for a 3-13 team.

RG3 was about trading away more #1 draft picks for a QB than any other team has used on a QB in 2 decades. Now the Redskins have used 7 first rounders on QB's in 2 decades and have NOTHING to show for it for that entire 2 decades and this next decade too.

You're 100% right.

You can tie the teams inability to have a broad and deep roster directly to the insane number of 1-3 round picks either used or traded to fix one position.

If you just used those picks on other positions, you'd almost have a complete team.

The AH signing was more stupid than the Dana stumblefield sogning.might be the stupidest signing ever in the history of the NFL. The only one I can think of in all sports was the ARod contract with the Yankees, which they're still trying to get out of. But, at least juiced ARod helped bring a WS championship....

Just went back and reread the article to make sure I didn't miss anything. It didn't explain what a coin toss was either. Since nobody can answer me, I assume I'm not the only one. I did find this wikipedia page which may be helpful for those who aren't familiar with the practice... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin_flipping. I do have a few questions though that maybe somebody can answer.

1. Why do they call the eagle side 'Tails'? Seems like it would make a lot more sense just to call it 'Eagle'.

2. The article says I'm supposed to say what side it's going to land on while it's still in the air. That doesn't make any sense. I have no idea what side it's going to land on when it's in the air.

3. In the demonstration, it says land "on" but it's actually the opposite, right? Like it landed on it's head, you actually call Eagle.

4. What if it lands on it's edge? Tie?

When RG3 leaves the team after next year, what will people think of the trade then?

Unless he turns it around dramatically, the trade will be a total disaster. There will be no vindication.

Hard to say.

We did at least get one good year out of the trade. Now, it was meant for long-term success, so you can definitely say we failed there.

For me, it's hard to say who really "won" this trade.

Here's the players the Rams received: DT Michael Brockers, CB Janoris Jenkins, RB Isaiah Pead, G Rokevious Watkins, LB Alec Ogletree, WR Stedman Bailey, RB Zac Stacy, OT Greg Robinson.

Pead has 75 career yards, Stacy has 19 carries the last 8 weeks, Bailey has 622 career yards, Watkins played in 4 games before being cut, Jenkins is a decent CB, Brockers is solid, Olgetree isn't bad, and Robinson is a rookie. Yes, they got some decent players on the team, but let's not act all those players they drafted are studs.

Archived