Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins-Rams: 4 Keys To The Game

Performing 4 keys to get a win is a large test for a team that can't seem to put 2 keys together in the same game. Rams got some speedy pass rushers that will give our oline fits, just like against the Colts. In the uplifting positive way that my deceased father would say don't **** up too bad''. Still HTTR!

The keys to me are a little different --

1. Slow the pass rush with a heavy dose of AM. Need to commit to the run game. They can be run on. They give up 111 yds/gm and that's after dominating Oak. to the tune of 61 yds. If not their front 4 will kill Colt.

2. They have to stop their run game. Shaun Hill SHOULD NOT be able to beat us. When they win, it's because Tre Mason has a good day. Their QB situation is worse than ours.

3. We have to limit the stupid mistakes - Off, Def. STs. These penalties and mental lapses are unacceptable. You can blame them on coach if you want (and they definitely own some of it), but these players get paid a lot of money. They should have a sense professional pride and take care of their own business. Coach does not jump off-sides, coach does not get a personal foul, coach does not completely blow an simple basic Defense 101 assignment.

4. Play like you give a ****!  Each player must play like it's the last game of their career!

Edit: Fixing typos

I appreciate what you guys have written, I really do.....but if we look back a couple of months, these were the same things we agreed that needed to happen back in Aug & Sept in order to win.....and since the team hasn't been able to do it in the first TWELVE games & we don't see any major change, I sure can't see them magically gaining these abilities by Sunday! I would like to see them not lose the next four in a row but with a secondary riddled with holes, any team that can pass the ball can have offensive success and given it's a passers league these days, that doesn't bode well for our beloved, downtrodden team. I read another RG/JG story this morning and it could have been plucked from the hard drive file of last years stories....just change the head coaches name and it's nearly identical! Why is that happening all over again? Erad

I think it still continues Erad, because we have the same owner who is a cancer to the team. Generous and doting over star players, over ruling his football people with personnel decisions that are more about marketing a big name than substance. A owner who got rid of Marty Schottenheimer who ruled with an iron fist for coaches he could push around and strip them of theirpower while paying them well for it. An owner who has signed old has beens to big contracts that never panned out and then in a uncapped year dumped those salaries, got caught and set this team back a long time because we couldn't continue to build a team with no cap money. Then an owner who gives away 4 draft picks for 1 player who hasn't panned out. Snyder is a terrible owner and it all starts with him.

Hail Erad  -  I totally agree. Please note I never said I thought we could do those things. I just put down what we needed to do. I have as close to zero confidence that we can get it done as you get without it being zero. The only reason it's not 100% certain we will fail is purely for my own sanity.

The most recent JG/RG story is kind of crazy. Is it really that bad? Has Jay really gotten to the "It's either me or him" state?

Either way, (and I stated this before) it's becoming clear the only thing that is going to fix this thing is to completely start over. Get rid of the entire FO, all the coaches, all the scouting, all player development, everyone. Hire a real GM and let him build the team all over again.

While it's possible Jay might be that coach, if he is not we need a Bill Parcells type coach. Someone who will kick ass and take names. They need to root out the ignorant element and start getting character guys in here. The list of players I would keep is very very short.

@go - you sound like a different person this morning, the constant failures has a tendency to change even the most positive of us.

I agree with you, man, and erad - it is time to start over as 20 years of hope turning sour is quite long enough. Let's hope change occurs as it is time.

I am in about the same place. I talked several weeks ago about replacing the whole thing.

I really don't think Jay is the problem. He not perfect by any means and certainly owns some of the blame. But he was brought into the ****storm by BA who along with Snyder owns the lions share of the blame. I can even see why from his POV he wanted to keep Haslett, even though I wanted Haslett gone. I still want Haslett gone.

The unfortunate thing for Jay is that this is not a first regime, just a first year HC. Much of the rest has been here. So when you flush, you need to flush it all and he will be an unfortunate casualty if this is done right.

We need someone completely new, with no ties to anybody, no loyalties but to winning. **** all this buddy ****. Get someone who's primary focus is on winning games not making friends or being liked. I think independently Jay can be that guy, but again I think he becomes a casualty.

I care! I can't care about any other team, I only care about the Redskins. As hard and frustrating as it is to watch I would give up football before I would stop caring for my team. And I think that everybody who bothers to comment here cares, they are just caught up in the downward spiral of a losing season. I'll watch the game tomorrow and record in case it gets so lopsided that I walk away, come back on Tuesday and watch the rest when I've distanced myself emotionally and can just watch it as an analyst would.

Hell Yeah!!!! HTTR!!!!!

Hail Man - I care also, the same way unfortunately. I have favorite teams in each sport, but the #1 team above all sports is the Washington Redskins. I just could not imagine rooting like  this for another team, even if they are winning.

Just to prove it, I will be at the game tomorrow. Before you say it, I did not support Snyder. I bought the tickets through a charity who had the tickets donated to them for fund raising. I get the tickets, the charity gets the money. It's actually pretty cool. Will be at the dallast game by getting tickets the same way.

For the Rams I am sitting in the Loge section. Not quite as nice as a suite, but very close. For the dallast game I will be in a suite. It's the best way to watch a game, especially since typically there are no opposing team fans in the suite.

Hope we show up tomorrow.

HTTR!!!!

BTW: Tickets come with free food sodas and premium parking. So I will not be giving danny much more that a few $'s if any at all.

Boston Celtics and Atlanta Braves are also 2 of my favorite teams who haven't been relevant for while, Braves since the mid-90's and the Celtics since the early 90's. I don't follow them with the same passion that I feel for the Redskins.

About spending money on tickets. There is such a loyal fanbase of the Redskins that it's hard to believe that the fans would actually boycott games. I guess there is still a long wait for season tickets. I prefer to not buy merchandise from pro sport's franchises nor do I buy the things they are selling on the commercials with a few exceptions...yeah, I use Fedex,Verizon,etc. and did before they had national commercial campaigns...but I digress. Putting a few dollars in Snotty nose Dan's pocket is no sin and you shouldn't be judged on that. I like the way you get the tickets and esp. where you sit because I hate to sit near beligerent, drunk aholes that are shouting obscenities all game while I have my wife and kids with me. But that's me....heheh, always ready for a confrontation.

Hail ManChild!

"I hate to sit near beligerent, drunk aholes that are shouting obscenities all game while I have my wife and kids with me"

Don't go to Philly to see the Redskins play - that should solve the issue... ;)

@Canadian - how is the Bills cancelling their contract to play in the Great White North being taken? 

I know you don't care about the Bills but it looks like the NFL may be abandoning our Canadian friends - unless another team picks up the slack. 

I'll manage to restrain myself from going to Philly John'sBass. Just watching them on camera during the game is enough.

I dare the Redskin's to play reasonably well on offense, defense, and special teams. Has to be all 3 reasonably well. Only seen it happen a couple of games this year.

@Canadian - how is the Bills cancelling their contract to play in the Great White North being taken? 

I know you don't care about the Bills but it looks like the NFL may be abandoning our Canadian friends - unless another team picks up the slack. 

All I can say is that when the Redskins played their 1st ever regular season game on foreign soil I was there. The Rogers center was packed. I've been down to Buffalo & Cleveland to see games & Toronto rivals the atmosphere in those cities. People love the game, they want a team.

It's frustrating to see the commissioner show more interest in expanding to the UK rather than in Canada. Toronto is the biggest city in the country & supports a professional team in every major sport. Why not the NFL? If the commissioner truly wants the NFL to expand & become global then why not put a team in both Canada & the UK? 

HTTR!!!

All I can say is that when the Redskins played their 1st ever regular season game on foreign soil I was there. The Rogers center was packed. I've been down to Buffalo & Cleveland to see games & Toronto rivals the atmosphere in those cities. People love the game, they want a team.

It's frustrating to see the commissioner show more interest in expanding to the UK rather than in Canada. Toronto is the biggest city in the country & supports a professional team in every major sport. Why not the NFL? If the commissioner truly wants the NFL to expand & become global then why not put a team in both Canada & the UK? 

HTTR!!!

I have a theory that like there unwritten agreement to not compete directly against college and HS football on Friday and Saturday nights during those league seasons, they have a similar agreement with Canadian Football. It's just a guess but it's the only thing that makes sense.

While it impacts you personally to a certain extent, think about the Canadians that have gotten truly invested in the Bills and now that they are getting good, the NFL is pulling back. I would be pissed.

Hopefully this team will turn around and we can get you down to a meaningful game at FedEx. It can be a fun place when the games means something.

That is a point that I really never considered as far as competing against other sports.

Thinking back to the beginning of the year with some talk about a new owner possibly relocating the Bills to Toronto to now not wanting to ever return is a pretty big turnaround. Granted that the move probably wouldn't have allowed by the Bills retiring ownership and/or the league still the thought was out there.

I think the idea of moving a team to the UK could wait until some closer vacancies are filled. Like LA and Toronto if you want to go international.

Unless it's the Jag's. Move them as far away as you want. Moscow Jag's - has a ring to it.

Archived