Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Coverage & Interactive Game Day Thread: 2014 Redskins at 49ers

Spaceman Spiff

I give him a half. People want to say it's his first year in a new system. Well it's also Kirk & Colt's first year as well. They at least get the ball out. Griff isn't trusting what he sees & isn't throwing to a spot before the WRs get there.

Honestly, I feel I personally could have played a better game than he did against the Bucs. That's how bad that game was. He wasn't seeing the field at all, his touch sucked when he did. 

I haven't missed the 'Skins play in the CA Bay are a (vs. SF or OAK) in a good decade or so (my first ever 'Skins game was when they clinched NFC East in OT vs. SF in 1999) but I couldn't justify spending the money and taking the time to go see them today. (I live in Sacramento, about 80 miles away).

Seeing them Week 1 in Houston probably helped my decision not to go today because if I hadn't have done that I probably would have felt a bigger need to go today.

I'm chillin here in the press box at Levi's Stadium.  I haven't been to a lot of NFL stadiums, of course I've been to Fed Ex a ton of times, the old RFK...the Ravens stadium and the Superdome in New Orleans.

This place is incredible.  Obviously since it's so new, it's really clean but the game day experience so far has been awesome.  I'm pretty sure the Jumbotrons mounted at the top of the stadium are 4k Sony Tvs which are amazing.  The picture is incredibly clear.  I don't think there's a bad seat in the house, I can pretty much guarantee there's no obstructed seating.  I think the lower level concourse has an open view to the field so if you're out walking around you can always look and see everything like you do at Nats stadium.  

The people here are as nice as can be.  I picked up some stuff in the team store for a 49er fan friend of mine and it was packed but everyone asked how they could help me and how my day was going.  A line that'd take 20 mins at Fed Ex took about 5.  The food looks awesome.  

Outside before the game they had a big tv showing the Eagles/Titans game, some good food trucks with stuff to do.  

It absolutely blows Fed Ex away in every single way.  One of the ushers told me that it holds 68,000 but TK and I didn't see how, it seems cozy and compact.  If you ever have a chance to come here to check out a game, I highly recommend it.

I was at Six Flags Great America back in October (same parking lot as Levi Stadium) with a friend who was recording his theme park podcast there and they told me about how the 49ers do an all you can eat/drink tailgate for I think $90.  It is high end food and all the beer you can drink.  I think it includes tickets for hard liquor.  We got to tour the area it is at.  If you've ever been to one of those Redskins away game rally meet ups, it almost seemed like that kind of thing, except at the stadium for 4 hours before the game starts.

They also told us that a lot of people buy their way into that even if they don't have game tickets, and then end up staying there to watch the game if they can't score tickets before kickoff.

The 49ers org is doing things right.

Lets not forget The Seahawk's plan of attack on us.  It was read option big time, and we couldn't stop it at all.  Don't be surprised to see Kaep call some keepers early to test our defense and whether Haslett actually has a plan to contain Colin's running.

why did we get a read option QB only to try and mold him into something he's not...a pocket passer. I hope Jim Haslett gets lost on the way to the game and misses it, that way we'll only lose by 21 points now

You do understand that robert himself was saying he wanted to be a pocket qb going all the way back to his rookie season, right?

Archived