Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Michael Phelps girlfriend...Finkle is Einhorn...

Spaceman Spiff

I thought sexual attraction was an attribute gained at some point in the process of creation? Odd to see members of the gay comminity using the same arguments those who'd like to "cure" gays employ. Weird.

Some members of the gay community are complete jerks.

Just like some members of any community.

Yup, pretty much. People enter into any "community" with their own personal agendas, biases, and so forth. Sometimes it's positive, sometimes negative, but it's always people being people.

Relating back to the thread, look at the comments in this thread and elsewhere about the story, like how he was dating an "old dude", etc. Nope, if her story is true, he wasn't. She is intersex, not Trans. She was born with a penis and a uterus, but no testicles or ovaries. So, technically she was both, or neither (if one wants to think in binary).

However, personal biases that we all bring to the table led some here and elsewhere to make jokes about him dating a guy, gay comments, etc. It is also why many bi, Trans, and intersex individuals never come out of the closet if they can avoid it - not worth dealing with it.

I worked with a guy that walked away from a life of comfort in his youth, and instead traveled to the worst possible places where the need was urgent to help as best he could. Like it so much he spent almost 20 years at it.  He'd tell you amazing stories of human suffering and human kindness that endured impossible conditions. In the states he was a wealthy man that ran in wealthy circles so he had those experiences as well.  He liked to talk about how no matter where you went, or what group you were with, there was always a jerk nearby.  Called it the jerk factor.  He was convinced that if there was no natural jerk in a group, one of the people would assume the role. 

Here's the deal for me.  I believe everyone should be treated with respect, have access to jobs and housing. 

Where I draw the line is when MtT people, who may or may not still have their penises, try to shame and guilt Lesbians into having sex with them and if said Lesbians don't comply, then they are called transphobic and other slurs.  I have the right to make boundaries about who shares my personal, intimate space.  As do MtT people have the right to make their own boundaries.  But they don't have the right to shame and guilt people into having sex with them, just because of how they identify.

Lesbians have sex with women and it doesn't involve people who used to have or still have penises.

Here's the deal for me.  I believe everyone should be treated with respect, have access to jobs and housing. 

Where I draw the line is when MtT people, who may or may not still have their penises, try to shame and guilt Lesbians into having sex with them and if said Lesbians don't comply, then they are called transphobic and other slurs.  I have the right to make boundaries about who shares my personal, intimate space.  As do MtT people have the right to make their own boundaries.  But they don't have the right to shame and guilt people into having sex with them, just because of how they identify.

Lesbians have sex with women and it doesn't involve people who used to have or still have penises.

Meh.   Hard to believe that "shame and guilt" tactic would work for anyone, and I seriously doubt that it happens much or is an epidemic anywhere.   I suspect that a few rabblerousers on the internet have made a mountain out of a molehill, on message boards just like this one.    Like they always do.   

Or should I say like we always do.   :)

Here's the deal for me. I believe everyone should be treated with respect, have access to jobs and housing.

Where I draw the line is when MtT people, who may or may not still have their penises, try to shame and guilt Lesbians into having sex with them and if said Lesbians don't comply, then they are called transphobic and other slurs. I have the right to make boundaries about who shares my personal, intimate space. As do MtT people have the right to make their own boundaries. But they don't have the right to shame and guilt people into having sex with them, just because of how they identify.

]

So, you take issue with the behavior of some MtF Trans folks, which is fine and completely reasonable. There are Trans folks who are jerks and act entitled, same way with some lesbians, gay men, bisexuals, and heterosexuals.

My issue is I have seen too many lesbians (not seen any gay men do this, though I am sure it happens for various reasons) who make blanket statements about Trans (mtf and ftm) and treat them poorly not because of bad experiences but ideology and gender politics, much the same way they themselves have been treated poorly.

No, some lesbians do not have sex with Trans women. Others marry them, like one I knew when I lived in El Paso (hand fasted, Trans was post-op). There are also lesbians who will not have sex with bi-women, and those that do. There are lesbians who would not have any relationship with any lesbians who had any contact with a penis, such as those who were at some point married due to societal pressures to conform.

I have seen the same attitudes (if not same specifics) with gay men, straight women, straight men, and everyone in between.

Sooooooooooo

Is this thread now about lesbians?

Not really. Someone asked if anyone has ever posed the "have you ever had a penis" question on a date. A lesbian member of this board responded honestly and we kind of explored that tangent. Threads normally wander a bit.

It is kind of weird how the thread keeps drifting towards transexuals, via early jokes and later comments, when the woman discussed in the OP is not a transexual.

This thread has everything. Laughter, followed by schadenfreude, followed by a guilt trip about laughing at someone with a medical condition, followed by the realization that I'm actually laughing at phelps, followed by a realization that it doesn't matter, followed by the realization that I'm a bad person

Now the discussion has moved on to lesbians vs post op trannies.

Must... Not... Smile....resisting... Resisting.... Bad zoony....

Bottomline? Have you seen Phelps? Dude better take whatever he can get, even if it is the artist formerly known as a male. I remember a few years ago some hottie Olympian or athlete was asked about Phelps and her answer was literally "Ewwwwww."

Bottomline? Have you seen Phelps? Dude better take whatever he can get, even if it is the artist formerly known as a male. I remember a few years ago some hottie Olympian or athlete was asked about Phelps and her answer was literally "Ewwwwww."

Men don't have to be great looking to date attractive women. Especially if they have money and fame.

No, some lesbians do not have sex with Trans women. Others marry them, like one I knew when I lived in El Paso (hand fasted, Trans was post-op). There are also lesbians who will not have sex with bi-women, and those that do. There are lesbians who would not have any relationship with any lesbians who had any contact with a penis, such as those who were at some point married due to societal pressures to conform.

What does Hand-Fasted mean?

Bottomline? Have you seen Phelps? Dude better take whatever he can get, even if it is the artist formerly known as a male. I remember a few years ago some hottie Olympian or athlete was asked about Phelps and her answer was literally "Ewwwwww."

yeah, chicks don't usually dig that olympic swimmer physique... he better start shopping the value bins at Walmart for dates

What does Hand-Fasted mean?

Basically a wedding ceremony, used to refer to any betrothal/wedding, today mainly used by those who fall under the "Pagan" umbrella, such as Wiccans or those who follow Celtic belief systems.

Archived