Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Bill Cosby ... There is smoke.

Kosher Ham

I saw his stand up a few years ago when he was considered an up-and-coming comic and I wasn't impressed (nothing against it, but it just didn't strike a chord with me). But then I saw a special of his recently and it was really good. I don't know if he improved a lot since then, if I saw a poor example of his material, or maybe I wasn't in the right mood to appreciate him back then, but I like his stuff now.

As soon as he busted out the line, "I like to masturbate in the dark with a hoodie on just to make it creepier." I thought the dude was hilarious.

Hope this results in women coming forward more often about assault. I do understand their hesitation....A guy like this is a blight on men and society in general.

Its sad he got away with it for years. I totally believe the stories, at least the one I heard from the first accuser. She has nothing to gain and besides who would want to go through all of this for nothing? A brave woman.

Hope this results in women coming forward more often about assault. I do understand their hesitation....A guy like this is a blight on men and society in general.

Its sad he got away with it for years. I totally believe the stories, at least the one I heard from the first accuser. She has nothing to gain and besides who would want to go through all of this for nothing? A brave woman.

As I rule I tend not to trust anyone I don't know.  People lie to get attention, they lie to get ahead, and often they lie for no damn reason at all.  If there is something people can lie about, there are people lying about it.  People even confess to crimes they didn't commit, and I'm not talking about the types of confessions that come after torture.  Hell, not too long ago people were working hard to fake crop circles so they could tell the same damn lies as complete strangers about aliens.  Lying liars everywhere. 

I've read about these accusations and when they occurred however and they seem legit to me.  I wouldn't be shocked if one, or a small few of them were total bull**** just seeking to get in the papers, because the world is filled with awful people.  I would be surprised if all are more of them were lying in this situation.  The accusation have come over too long a time period for this to be some sort of attention grab, and a comedian talking about this randomly is the only reason it got any attention. 

Also Cosby doesn't seem shocked or angry about it.  Too bad that he can't be charged, because if even one of these is true he deserves to be ruined and jailed.  Just having his good name damaged is no where near enough.   

Edited by Destino
  • Like 1

I tend to not believe these claims. For instance Janice Dickenson's claim....she had dinner with him, she was on her menstrual cycle and asked him for a pill, oh by the way she was just coming out of rehab for drugs and alcohol, she woke up the next morning with semen between her legs. How is there not blood everywhere and Semen doesn't last that long visually.

Another woman claimed she woke up in a man's T-shirt and panties. Not to sure on how many rapists redress their victims.

I think these are women who wanted to get something and felt that to get what they wanted they needed, or felt pressured to have sex with him. they didn't like it or didn't want to do it, but did so due to pressure (real or perceived) or with the idea of getting a job or help in the industry. The story in their minds evolved to they were sexually assaulted.

there is only one woman who may have a real complaint and she is the only one who filed a police report. But for the most part I chalk it up as regret sex.

and I agree. But damn man, he's sitting here using his celebrity platform to tell society about itself, when this dude was drugging chicks and demanding oral sex back in the day.

I feel like kicking that old **** in the back of his face right now. Another black mega-star with a ruined reputation. Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Kobe, Chris Brown, Tiger Woods, Milli Vanilli. Next thing you know, we'll hear about Neil Degrasse Tyson soliciting college guys for sex in the VLT.

LOL...Milli Vanilli?

I tend to not believe these claims.

[...]

there is only one woman who may have a real complaint and she is the only one who filed a police report. But for the most part I chalk it up as regret sex.

Pretty impressive to find all of the following eager victim blaming in one earnest post:

"Why were you there in the first place?"

"Didn't you have a drug problem?"

"How come you didn't mention blood to everyone in your public statement if you were on your period?"

"If it was there for hours, then how come the physical evidence didn't magically evaporate without a trace?"

"Why can't you account for what the perpetrator did with your or his clothes after he drugged you and you passed out?"

"How would anyone know that you aren't just accidentally or deliberately making this whole thing up?"

"Isn't this just a case of having consensual sex and then feeling bad about it later?"

And by impressive, I mean sad as hell.

That was like watching a 1980s-era college "judiciary proceeding" at work again.  It's enough to make even Janice Dickinson look pretty credible.  Why not ask her why she didn't bite his wang while being attacked?  It is no less ridiculous.

Not to mention the other dozen-plus accusers, most of whom mention the same M.O.  

I'm all about skepticism.  But to resort to victim blaming and wrap it up in the sheep's clothing of supposed rational doubt is, in this case, mind-so-open-it's-falling-out-of-the-skull territory.

I liked his show, too.  Sorry to have to say it plainly.  Turns out, Cosby is a creep.

man, this world is just getting depressing.

Can somebody warn me ahead of time if Bruce Springsteen is a pedophile or something?

I don't think I can take much more.

~Bang

Seriously,man. It's crazy.

I've come to realize though, that you can never truly know people. Apply fame and riches, and well... I think it makes it easier to keep those skeletons in the closet.

So, my question is this.  Why wait 32 years before accusing the man of sexual assault?  That's a long time.  Granted, all the stories about being drugged, waking up with clothing off, etc. are consistent, and just down right creepy.  The one model that just came out also said that she went to his house and he gave her wine and a pill.  

Wouldn't that trigger an alarm that the man was about to drug you?  And why would you take the pill?  I'm not saying that gave Cosby the right to sexually take advantage of her, but why even take the pill?  And why wait 32 years later to talk about it.

Nothing surprises me though, so I'm willing to bet that he's a creepy rapist.  That many allegations and consistent story from all those women can't be wrong can it?

I wonder if he'll have to pay for his dogs at Ben's Chili Bowl now.

LOL! Wow.

So, my question is this.  Why wait 32 years before accusing the man of sexual assault?  That's a long time.  Granted, all the stories about being drugged, waking up with clothing off, etc. are consistent, and just down right creepy.  The one model that just came out also said that she went to his house and he gave her wine and a pill.  

Wouldn't that trigger an alarm that the man was about to drug you?  And why would you take the pill?  I'm not saying that gave Cosby the right to sexually take advantage of her, but why even take the pill?  And why wait 32 years later to talk about it.

Nothing surprises me though, so I'm willing to bet that he's a creepy rapist.  That many allegations and consistent story from all those women can't be wrong can it?

Man, all I know is that it's hard for people to admit when they have been sexually assaulted. It's not just a "woman" thing either. I'm surprised at the number of males (most of the time they are still little kids) who have been sexually assaulted.

Either way, it's tough for them to talk about it, and it sucks because when they don't talk about it, it usually effects other areas of their lives. 

• Like 3

"Why were you there in the first place?"

"Didn't you have a drug problem?"

"How come you didn't mention blood to everyone in your public statement if you were on your period?"

"If it was there for hours, then how come the physical evidence didn't magically evaporate without a trace?"

"Why can't you account for what the perpetrator did with your or his clothes after he drugged you and you passed out?"

"How would anyone know that you aren't just accidentally or deliberately making this whole thing up?"

"Isn't this just a case of having consensual sex and then feeling bad about it later?"

I agree with much of those being unfair and mean, but I'd like to ask you, what questions are allowed to be asked that doubt the victims claim?  Should the stance of everyone simply be to believe them immediately?

Man, all I know is that it's hard for people to admit when they have been sexually assaulted. It's not just a "woman" thing either. I'm surprised at the number of males (most of the time they are still little kids) who have been sexually assaulted.

Either way, it's tough for them to talk about it, and it sucks because when they don't talk about it, it usually effects other areas of their lives.

Yeah, I'm not going to use the length of time to come forward as any indication of false accusations. Not implying Taze did, it's just a common question that pops up in instances like this.

It's just not a circumstance where normal reactions can be counted on. Many victims never feel comfortable coming forward or telling anyone and the psychological impact it has on people can completely ruin them.

I would imagine one victim was ready to come forward and that empowered others to also make that decision as well

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm not going to use the length of time to come forward as any indication of false accusations. Not implying Taze did, it's just a common question that pops up in instances like this.

It's just not a circumstance where normal reactions can be counted on. Many victims never feel comfortable coming forward or telling anyone and the psychological impact it has on people can completely ruin them.

I would imagine one victim was ready to come forward and that empowered others to also make that decision as well

With what we have seen in society before, celebs included, I can believe that he drugged and sexually assaulted/raped those girls over the years.  It's psychologically damaging, so I understand taking time to come forward, if at all.  Really, the models story struck me as slightly off, because she evidently changed her story up over the years.  Which, I can see happening too, when looking at it from a victim perspective.  

I believe he did it and should burn for it.  My wife's cousin was raped a little over a year ago and it's devastating.  Watching what her family had to go through.  It's just horrible.  I just wish more victims had come forward sooner and put this ****wad behind bars and not allowed him to hurt other women and live a privileged life for so long.  

Definitely not saying the lady is lying about it because it took so long to talk about it.  It's just how the story has changed from her over the years.  If it was just her vs. Bill, then I might not pass judgement on him, but the fact that 15 other women have come forward with this, I have a hard time not believing them.

And for the record, I'm not defending Bill Cosby by any means.  I feel the same way about it as Big Ben, too many accusations for me not to believe that sexual assault/rape didn't happen.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

In the interest of complete honesty:

Am I the only guy here that becomes extremely uninhibited and sexually aggressive (not violent, not "rapey" -- just aggressive) when in a chemically altered state? Heck, I don't even need the chemicals.

Because reading these posts, I'm starting to think I am. There is another gear in my sex drive (and I assume other men have this as well) that is almost lycanthropic. It has only been engaged for me while in a committed relationship, but it could easily be frightening and wrong in the wrong context. I often can't believe half the things that I, a quiet and calm guy, do during those...er...sessions.

I am in no way defending rape. It is vile and destructive. If anyone has read my previous posts on the subject you'll know I hate it more than anything besides child molestation. But I get the sense that maybe the dangers the male psyche presents are not acknowledged by our culture, our message board, men, or women.

1. A man should avoid any situation where that shift in gears could occur unless with a consensual partner.

2. Women should be aware of that switch and avoid being part of triggering it unless they want to. In my own experience, I can tell you that my partner was utterly unaware of the switch until she tripped over it, so I don't think "hulk phase" is really taught to females in sex ed.

Ideally, all men would be responsible with our inner caveman. That isn't ever going to happen, so women should be educated to avoid him until they want him.

My weirdest post ever. Dang.

I often can't believe half the things that I, a quiet and calm guy, do during those...er...sessions.

You're gonna have to get more specific before I can honestly answer your questions. You talking things you like doing to her or things you like her doing to you? Edited by G.A.C.O.L.B.

You're gonna have to get more specific before I can honestly answer your questions. You talking things you like doing to her or things you like her doing to you?

I'm talking about essentially being out of control. There's no way I'm posting that kind of nsfw detail lol. As good as I can do for you here: aggressively giving what I want to give, aggressively taking what I want, aggressively coercing anything in between. Extremely self-centered self-gratification via partner.

Edited by drtdrums

Well this thread is about to take off...

Lol. Maybe. I just don't see the reality of male sexuality represented in these rape discussions. There's a difficult truth for both genders to face for our culture to make real progress on this topic. Cosby seems like an a-hole. But how do we keep this from happening to our sisters and daughters?

Certainly not by ignoring the reality of the male psyche.

Lol. Maybe. I just don't see the reality of male sexuality represented in these rape discussions. There's a difficult truth for both genders to face for our culture to make real progress on this topic. Cosby seems like an a-hole. But how do we keep this from happening to our sisters and daughters?

Certainly not by ignoring the reality of the male psyche.

Please, tell us about the reality of the male psyche.  In particular, how it relates to this thread.