Extremeskins

Bill Cosby ... There is smoke.

Kosher Ham

Plenty of info out there.

Apparently 15 accusers at this point.

Wow.

Did he, didn't he ?

Copycats ?

This looks ugly. One of the articles I read said that one incident allegedly happened in the 60's.

Crazy part about it to me is that it one of the alleged incidents involved a celebrity. She decided not to say anything for decades.

I will say this. If the claims are true, it would be nearly impossible to prove most of them at this point. That would be unfortunate for the alleged victims if they are indeed victims.

EDIT: If they are not true. What a pitiful way to slander and trash this man.

Edited by Kosher Ham

Ruined reputation or a payoff ?

I don't care that he was Cliff. Bill is the guy I am concerned with.

BTW, Rape jokes are not funny to me. I can be crude and rude, but that type of stuff is not funny. That episode is not accurately quoted. He is asking Theo how far apart they were on their date if I recall correctly.

It is interesting to me what would have been revealed about past celebrities in the digital age

Don't you just get the feeling that sometime in the next 5 years someone is going to "do" Michael Jordan?

He wasn't a rapist. He did have a stand-by lady in every city from what I understand though.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/timeline-of-the-abuse-charges-against-cosby.html

The sheer volume and specificity of the accustations is kind of amazing.

It is interesting to me what would have been revealed about past celebrities in the digital age

Don't you just get the feeling that sometime in the next 5 years someone is going to "do" Michael Jordan?

Jordan is probably the last private celebrity we have. How much money must he spend to keep his private life so private?

http://www.vulture.com/2014/09/timeline-of-the-abuse-charges-against-cosby.html

The sheer volume and specificity of the accustations is kind of amazing.

Jordan is probably the last private celebrity we have. How much money must he spend to keep his private life so private?

Read a tweet today that made a good point... The systemic hiding of rape accusations is not the work of one man, it's the work of an entire team of people.

So, Cosby has some real fine human beings working for him. IMO they should get the meme treatment too

Damn Bill...

And hasn't he been on a soapbox the last few years when making statements about what's wrong with Black America? Smh :(

That was Hannibal burress point

Actually, this whole story started when Hannibal was on stern several weeks ago. Stern praised him for his routine about Cosby ( which I'm quite sure nobody had ever heard) and the story steadily grew from there

The only thing that surprises me about this story at this point is that Stern isn't ranting every day about how he started this whole thing. Because he did

I can't think of a plausible reason why 15 women, some quite successful in their own right, would come forward and declare (falsely) that they were raped, given the backlash they will face.

It does look bad,on the other hand drugs,drinking and sex seem rather common in those circles.

how many on here might face claims of rape/sexual assault from diminished capacity instances?

Hollywood is a cesspool and I don't doubt he stinks

You know what's crazy? I'm numb to this. We've been shocked by scandals over and over again that I'm in "Nothing surprises me anymore" mode.

If it is true and I'm more inclined to believe that it is, what a huge disappointment and what a POS of a human being he is by using his celebrity muscle to take advantage of these women.

BTW Kosher. I agree with you in regards to there is nothing funny about rape. Nothing.

• Like 3

Wife and I saw his stand up show about two years ago when he was in town. It was half comedy, half high-horse political mumbo jumbo. He always came back to the point of "being your true self."

I guess Bill's "true self" spent a lot of time bullying women into sex. What a dick.

Edited by Chew

Wasn't going for accuracy there. That's Vanessa's boyfriend, not Theo, IIRC. 

Is there much point to a payoff once they've put the accusation out in public? 

You are correct about the episode. Thank you for the reminder.

The payoff is to not testify. Drop it all.

how many on here might face claims of rape/sexual assault from diminished capacity instances?

I have always stated that I would never ever initiate, in that state. I never have.

You know what's crazy? I'm numb to this. We've been shocked by scandals over and over again that I'm in "Nothing surprises me anymore" mode.

If it is true and I'm more inclined to believe that it is, what a huge disappointment and what a POS of a human being he is by using his celebrity muscle to take advantage of these women.

BTW Kosher. I agree with you in regards to there is nothing funny about rape. Nothing.

Bill Cosby is a surprise to me. Jordan or Jackson...not so much. OJ definitely shocked. Talking to my MIL about it she said...there is a dark side a lot of times to a lot of people. I go to my dark side in a violent situation with a man...but never with a woman and never with a child.  

My wifes friends daughter spit on me thinking it was funny. My wife was shocked I didn't throw that little girl down the stairs. I was raised that if someone spits on you, you have the right to kill them. I walked away and have barely talked to the child in about 3 years. She gets the point.

One could be a horrible misunderstanding. 15?

Agreed. It's absurd.

We'll see. It seems to be too many to ignore at this point regardless of his star power.

It's hard to gauge the authenticity here, this happens way too often for it to be surprising and it's often hard to judge who is lying. Rape is a horrible thing but to deny that women lie interminably to get money from male celebrities would be naive.

the theme of taking pills from someone and being alone with them demonstrates poor judgement at a minimum.

I don't know that he is a dirtbag,but there are plenty out there

I have always stated that I would never ever initiate, in that state. I never have.

always good advice, but hard to prove after the fact .

Read a tweet today that made a good point... The systemic hiding of rape accusations is not the work of one man, it's the work of an entire team of people.

These accustations go back to the 60s. At that point, I don't even think it's his team covering up. It's the fact that society would have deemed the idea of Bill Cosby raping someone absurd. You still occasionally hear the argument of "Why would so and so have to rape someone? He can get any woman he wants."

Hoooo boy.

I'm just leaving it alone this time. What am I trying to prove at this point?

These accustations go back to the 60s. At that point, I don't even think it's his team covering up. It's the fact that society would have deemed the idea of Bill Cosby raping someone absurd. You still occasionally hear the argument of "Why would so and so have to rape someone? He can get any woman he wants."

It also speaks to how the legal system treated rape and rape accusations back then too.

Edited by The Evil Genius