Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rational steps forward for our team

B&G

If it sounds familiar its because its happened here time and time again! We always put the cart before the horse, and the horse runs off!  It's a sign that our front office is incapable of building a winner. 

RG3's problem isn't the "west coast offense" ... its NFL offenses.  The gimmick "college" offense of 2012 has been both figured out and RG3 (for whatever reason) is determined not to be running back QB.  Its also a QB killer due to the incredible number of hits on the QB that are designed into the plays (they all aren't runs into the endzone/out of bounds and untouched)

I understand the concern but aside perhaps from Stan Humpheries ... what major role player(s) (e.g., QB, WR, RB, DB, pass rusher) have the Skins given up on have came back and made a substantial difference in a victory over the Skins?

RG3's problem isn't the "west coast offense" ... its NFL offenses.  The gimmick "college" offense of 2012 has been both figured out and RG3 (for whatever reason) is determined not to be running back QB.  Its also a QB killer due to the incredible number of hits on the QB that are designed into the plays (they all aren't runs into the endzone/out of bounds and untouched)

I understand the concern but aside perhaps from Stan Humpheries ... what major role player(s) (e.g., QB, WR, RB, DB, pass rusher) have the Skins given up on who came back and made a substantial difference in a victory over the Skins?

I am not sure if Trent Green beat us or not but he was good. So was Keenan McCardell. Ryan Clark had some good years in Pittsburgh. Antonio Pierce was good with the giants. Rich Gannon Did alright with Gruden out in Oakland. Frank wycheck was a pretty good converted wr/te for Fisher in Titan town. James Thrash defitnley hurt us when he was in Philly. I am sure I am missing more names. We have let to much talent slide away. We had them where we wanted them and we let them off the hook .http://youtu.be/SWmQbk5h86w

I may be stating the obvious here, but the OP shares a lot of the frustrations which the rest of us fans do.  A couple of random thoughts:

- the Bullets changed their name to the Wizards, but they were still a terrrible franchise for many, many, many years after the name change, so I don't believe that this is a valid argument in favor of changing the Redskins name to something else to end the distraction that currently exists with the name (I hope I'm not putting words in your mouth).  It was much less of a distraction for the Bullets/Wizards, and they were still a bad team, so I can't support the name change for that.

- being fully in the don't-change-the-name corner, I had never considered the association which you brought up that is now part of the Redskins name:  losers.  We've been dysfunctional for so long that we're a laughinstock of the NFL.  Kind of how Enron, Kmart, or "made in [whatever country you want to put in here]" have certain negative associations with their names.  This forces me to re-think my position on the name change.

- I believe emphatically that firing the defensive coordinator IMMEDIATELY (as one poster suggested:  TODAY!) would alleviate most of the problems on defense.  They're playing in a completely wacked-out scheme and are often out of position, 10 yards off the receiver, etc.  Just get rid of the guy now.  Someone in another thread mentioned the damage that would be done if he got fired now:  it would make us look bad, etc.  Could we look any worse than we're playing on defense now????

-

Archived