Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CSNWashington.com: Can anyone stop DeSean Jackson?

MustangSteve

Yes and I will tell you just who, our very own for not throwing him at least 2 - 3 bombs a game. When you have weapons like this, use them!!! Joe Gibbs and Mark Rypien would kill defenses with the deep ball. They connected over 60 times for 40+ yards in the 91 season alone and was rewarded the Lombardi Trophy for it. We are not using these speedy receivers near as much as we should and that's a fact. Start attacking defenses and watch the running game and everything open up in our offense.

Here's the story http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/fantasy-fix/fantasy-fix-can-anything-stop-desean-jackson

Where did you get that figure from?...According to NFL.com the 1991 Redskins connected 15 times for 40+ yards.

The 2014 Redskins have connected 14 times for 40+ yards.

It had to be more than 15 times in the 1991 season.

Heck, it seems like it was just 15 times alone in the first game against the Falcons that season. :)

Every game I watch I can't stop saying "Why aren't we throwing to 11 more?"

95% of the time the ball is thrown his way, something good happens. 

We've thrown a lot of check downs.  We also have thrown several interceptions because we read blitz when none came.  It is likely that on many of these, DJax was the primary target but was not available either because the rush came home too soon or the QB read something different than DJax did.

It had to be more than 15 times in the 1991 season.

Heck, it seems like it was just 15 times alone in the first game against the Falcons that season. :)

"Seemed" is the operative word here lol...incredible as it sounds, that offense didn't have a ton of bombs for catches. However, Rypien lead the league in that stat.

Where did you get that figure from?...According to NFL.com the 1991 Redskins connected 15 times for 40+ yards.

The 2014 Redskins have connected 14 times for 40+ yards.

60 sounded very high to me also. NFL.com does say 15 passing plays of 40+.

What really made me sad looking at the stat line from that year was that we only gave up 9 sacks. 9! In an entire year! 9!! We accomplish that in a game and a half these days.

Why can't properly investing in our offensive line be a priority for us... I need a hug.  :(

Archived