Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.Com: Redskins Are Confident For Final Seven Games

MustangSteve

Qiuestion: if the Redskins do beat the Bucs, it means they have gone 3-1 over their last 4 games after starting off 1-5.

Does this mean the Skins are actdually improving, or does it mean nothing and the Skins are still right there with the Bucs and Raiders as the dregs of the league?

Still dregs of the league.  Just a different style of dreg.

Beating Jax, Ten, Bucs and the Cowboys doesn't get you out of the cellar.

Qiuestion: if the Redskins do beat the Bucs, it means they have gone 3-1 over their last 4 games after starting off 1-5.

Does this mean the Skins are actdually improving, or does it mean nothing and the Skins are still right there with the Bucs and Raiders as the dregs of the league?

The Jags won 4 of 5 last year after starting 0-8 and I'm pretty sure they still suck.

If the football gods look on with pity and bless us for the rest of the season.

Tampa-W-Meriweather comes around corner and temporarily paralizes McCown's throwing arm 4-6

San Fran-L-Haz's D is terrible and he is fired immediatly after game. 4-7

Colts-W-Andrew Luck's beard blocks sight thanks to no shave November 5-7

Rams-W-Seriously, it's the Rams 6-7

Giants-W-Both Amerson and Breeland get pick sixes on manning's ducks 7-7

Philthy-W-Darren Sproles sets tempo by fumbling ball on first handoff. Then Ryan Kerrigan misses it but Robinson picks it up immediatly after. 8-7

Girls-W-Homo tries to run and gets blindsided by Meriweather and leaves game with concussion 9-7

Wild card spot or maybe division victory but we get taken out in first game vs next Super Bowl champs.

The question remains unanswered...would beating the Vikings mean the team's improving or would it have meant squat and the team is just as bad as it's always been?

Easy question to answer, imo.

I say NO. To be honest, we had no business losing to Minnesota. They're without their best player (Peterson) and was starting a rookie QB.

I'll know they're improving when they start beating good teams and demolishing bad teams. They SHOULD beat TB by atleast 2 TD's. We'll see.

Cali, even though just about every team has its "how did we lose that one" moment (I think of Pittsburgh losing to Tampa and recently the Jets this season as examples), I think a team that has been as poor as the Skins has been in recent years has to establish a pattern of consistently beating the mediocre teams on its slate before it starts enjoying the benefit of the doubt in so far as the "improving" adjective is concerned.

We certainly did that against Jacksonville and Tennessee, and of course had the nice upset of the Cowboys, but then coming back and putting forth the uneven effort against the Vikings leaves the fanbase doubting once again. I think if we had beaten Minnesota, people would've taken it as a step of improvement.

For the rest of the year, the Skins do need to take care of business at home against lesser opponents like the Bucs and Rams, and a couple of upset wins (beating the Giants in NY and then taking at least one of the two home finales against the Eagles and/or Cowboys) would go a long way towards giving the fans confidence going into 2015, IMO......depending on how much folks believe in carryover from one season to the next.

I say NO. To be honest, we had no business losing to Minnesota. They're without their best player (Peterson) and was starting a rookie QB.

I'll know they're improving when they start beating good teams and demolishing bad teams. They SHOULD beat TB by atleast 2 TD's. We'll see.

I'll be satisfied with a W against the Bucs......don't really care about the point spread.

Count me in as one who doesn't think they can pull it off. That said, I didn't think they could in 2012 either... and they did, in a big way. That game against the cowgirls to win the division was by far the best sporting event I've ever attended and I'll never forget beating Dallas on turkey day that year either.  

I just don't feel it this season. Crazy things happen but outside of DJax, I don't see much spark on offense and I haven't liked Hazbeen or his 3-4 defense since day one. My prediction.. Skins lose 3 more games to go 7-9 and fire Haz. Better luck next year. :(

^^ So if the Skins had beat the Vikings..."they're improving" or "means nothing they still suck just as bad"?

If they beat the vikings and were to beat the bucs and the defense gave the effort they gave in dallas in both the vikings and bucs game then I would say yes they're improving.

We should be beating teams we're better than on paper and playing physical competitive football vs teams that are better than us on paper. Unfortunately we play down to competition for some odd reason, I don't know why that is. :(

I'll be satisfied with a W against the Bucs......don't really care about the point spread.

Because the team SUCKS and we should be surprised when we beat anybody. Only Detroit has a worse record over the past 20 years and that might no longer be true after this season.

Unfortunately we play down to competition for some odd reason, I don't know why that is. :(

Because actually what is really happening is that we play UP to the Pukes and Eagles. In the real world the Redskins actually suck as much as the rest of the bad teams. We are the NFC East Cardinals of the new millennium and the Cardinals are now the NFC Wests LA Rams.

Yeah, and for NH fans there's zero chance that a national TV outlet will want to show the Skins late in the season...

Worse is that they won't show a game opposite the Patriots. So, if they're on NBC and Fox has the doubleheader that week, they just won't show the second game on Fox that week, so NH fans get one less football game that week.

I got Sunday Ticket to watch the Skins, but I almost need it just to watch football. Because all we get are the Pats and games relevant to the Pats.

Wishing in a dream: I predict a 10 - 6 record after the team gets on a roll and does not lose again this year; possibly make the playoffs.

Reality: I predict the following quotes after the season:

Gruden - It's to early to separate from Coach Haslett, we've only been together for 1 year, and I think I need a few more years to evaluate him. Man, this is a good team and we were close so many times, man. I think Paulsen is one of our better players, that's why I kept putting him in there, the few mistakes were more a part of the rest of the team not rallying around him. Robert really finished strong, the number of touchdowns (4) compared to the number of interceptions, sacks, sliding early, and ill-timed time-outs (100 or so), shows how he's coming along and another 3 to 4 years he will be a top tier QB, just under Luck, Kaep, the Mannings, Brady, Brees, those other guys from other teams, but yeah, he's good man.

RGIII - What can I say, we came out of the bye thinking we would win enough to get in the playoffs, but it didn't work out. We did not play well enough. We tried our best. We had a team leader, we know who he is. We didn't execute. We will come back next year better and ready to do the things we know we can do. We are we and we are all in this together. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go wee. (*notice the lack of ownership - taking the high road (there's no I in team) approach).

Haslett...us down again: I think next year we'll try some new stuff, see if we can't get some better players in here. Remember the Dallas game, this is doable, I know we can do this. I'm with Robert, it's we not I.

These past 2 games are perfect evidence of how great and how bad our defense can be.

This is exactly why a good Defensive coordinator would turn this team around. These guys can play good football, they have shown it.  With a good D coach, this team would very easily be 7-2 right now instead of 3-6.  Hasletts sorry ass better be gone at the end of this season.

Gruden is going to regret not cleaning house the first year. Thats basically a year gone down the drain which he missed an opportunity to build the team around a new staff. Now he'll have the pressure of a 2nd year coach to win, and he'll almost certainly have a complete new staff on defense.

Can't clean house until you know what you have.

He might have known about the reputation of some of the players he's inherited, but I don't blame him for wanting to see for himself the cards he was dealt.

I'm confident he now knows based on personal observation and will make the appropriate adjustments.

Worse is that they won't show a game opposite the Patriots. So, if they're on NBC and Fox has the doubleheader that week, they just won't show the second game on Fox that week, so NH fans get one less football game that week.

I got Sunday Ticket to watch the Skins, but I almost need it just to watch football. Because all we get are the Pats and games relevant to the Pats.

This NH Skins fan gets the Skins on "NFL rewind" and "NFL Replay", RARE national broadcast, and sports show highlights.

If DirecTV Sunday Ticket offered offered a reasonable single game price... if Skins win most of their remaining games...going Sunday Ticket full season !

^^ So if the Skins had beat the Vikings..."they're improving" or "means nothing they still suck just as bad"?

Although we currently are sub par our recent Dallas game gave me a spark of OPTIMISM. Gruden appeared to light the fire under his troops (that rivalry thing) and "produced with less (personnel)".

If the Skins beat Dallas at home, ideally knocking them

out of the playoffs, the rivalry and....optimism will grow.

For the love of god, we are not unlucky. We are just bad. Really bad and have been for years. 

Uh oh. This post could be taken as whining. Evidently the long time members on this board don't appreciate whining no matter how bad the team is. Just want to save you some flack in the future. Basically keep all the negativity to yourself, if you don't think we're on the cusp of greatness don't post.

Archived