Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.Com: Redskins Are Confident For Final Seven Games

MustangSteve

umm...seasons pretty much over for the redskins, bro....philly is 7-2. dallas is 7-3. we are 3-6. yeah, we could and should win sunday against tampa bay...but after that, we have 2 road games @ san fran and @ indy. san fran is going to kill us. indy will most likely kill us as well. we still have jim haslett as our defensive coordinator. you think we're going to stop kaep and luck? not a chance. plus. philly will kill us on the saturday game.

I thought about being positive until I read this. If the most positive poster on this board thinks it's over than, yeah, it's done lol.

As has been the case most years, I'll certainly hope that we go on an improbable run over the final 7 games. Hell, we've done something similar 3 times in just the past 10 years, so maybe we're one of the more likely teams to do it. The flip side of that, of course, is that much more often than not we just end up losing more than we win. 

So, I'll hope for something cool to happen but expect 5-6 wins. Honestly, if we just play well and win 3-4 in the second half of the season, I'll be pretty optimistic about this team. Coming off a 3-13 season to go 6-10 or 7-9 with a first-time head coach would be a decent trend. 

Count me in the "I Believe" category.

If a team that starts 0-5 with a new coach can turn it around and go 8-3 to finish the season at 8-8, the Skins can get hot and finish with a respectable record.  Maybe not playoffs, but given the right circumstances they could easily finish at 9-7 or 10-6.  It all just has to click. 

Remember this old story is brand new to Gruden, only the Redskins and their fans know how close most of the losses were. I'm hoping he's the coach who can finally change it.

You can hope in one hand and you know in the other. Then hope that hot mess is not there, but it still is. 

I picked 8-8 at the start of the season, with 6-10 if we get unlucky with injuries. We've been pretty unlucky with injuries, but most of those guys have come back and will be healthy the 2nd half of the season. So, I think 8-8 is certainly possible. Any more that that appears to me to be, unfortunately, more than a little unlikely. Heck, 8-8 would be a great record coming from 3-6. However, I think the team will lose at least one game that they "should have" won, and will win at least two games they "should have" lost. Put that together with the other games going as they "should" and we're looking at 7-9. That's a four game improvement from last year with more wins in the second half of the season than the first. I think that would be, if not a "successful" season, a season a team can build on. Of course, I'm less confident in the FO making the correct changes in the offseason to actually build on said finish, but we'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Whatever chance this team had, they lost with the Minnesota game. Win that game, they're in the hunt. But they didn't. And we all know that this Tampa game will be closer that it should. I'm done getting my hopes up with this team.

I would have felt better about our chances if we had beaten Minnesota. That chance blew up in our faces two Sundays ago.

Have you guys noticed that no one comes in here to talk smack to us anymore besides the usual NFC east guys on this board? We used to get random fans from all teams coming in here and starting threads. Shows how far we've fallen and how insignificant we are in the eyes of the rest of the league's fans.

Yea nobody even sweats us anymore lol

The Skins missed a GOLDEN opportunity in Minnesota. I don't care what the records are, this crappy division is wide open. romoSUCKS is ailing and Dirty Sanchez still sucks. 

I agree, while it is only one game, you are talking about one game from .500 and going into the bye on a two game roll. No mess, no fuss during the vaca to get it back together, now the team is desperate. 

The word smith wobbles at the word confident.  I'd want them to have faith, hope, and belief.... but confidence?  This team's confidence too often leads to complacency. They need hunger not the arrogant swagger of the undeserved.

They should not doubt themselves into despair, but they should let realities push them.  They've let themselves and us down.  Stupid mistakes, bad play calling, and evil refs have beaten us far more often than the opponent. 

Did the D have confidence against Minnesota? They played like it.  So confident they didn't hardly bother to show up.  Give me hunger over confidence and faith over arrogance.

But not having confidence too often leads to half-assing it on the field, loss of team identity, little to no team chemistry and just waiting for the season to end.

I think we should have been closer to being 5-4 than 7-2 (as the article pointed out). The Texans and Vikings games were winnable. I can understand us losing to the other teams that beat us... except maybe against the crappy Giants.

I say we should just do the same all out blitzes against the 49'ers and Colts like we did against the Cowboys... as long as we have sustaining drives from our offense to help the defense rest a little. We're going to lose against these teams anyways so...

what have we got to lose?

Gruden is going to regret not cleaning house the first year. Thats basically a year gone down the drain which he missed an opportunity to build the team around a new staff. Now he'll have the pressure of a 2nd year coach to win, and he'll almost certainly have a complete new staff on defense.

So were they not confident in the first 9 games? I think it's okay for us fans to say "oh yeah at least it was close" or "if he made that throw it would of changed the game". However for our head coach to say it, I think it's a loser mentality to have. A lot of games are won on a few plays made in the game. The difference is, usually, the better team executes those plays and beats the lesser team.

I'm always pretty optimistic and I still feel that way somewhat. The only difference about this season and the 2012 season is that Philly and Dallas are playing a lot better. Even if we ran the table again that would leave us at 10-6. I'm not really sure Philly will lose 4 more games. Even still they might have to lose 5 to win the division because we have lost so many conference games. The Cowgirls only need to lose 3 more games, one game to us (we would own the tiebreaker), and we all know what happens to them in December.

Crazier things have happen. The only way we get in though is to win the division. Lions, Packers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Vikings, and 49ers are all ahead of us.

Gruden is going to regret not cleaning house the first year. Thats basically a year gone down the drain which he missed an opportunity to build the team around a new staff. Now he'll have the pressure of a 2nd year coach to win, and he'll almost certainly have a complete new staff on defense.

Just because the fan base believes that doesn't mean that the head coach does.

Have you guys noticed that no one comes in here to talk smack to us anymore besides the usual NFC east guys on this board? We used to get random fans from all teams coming in here and starting threads. Shows how far we've fallen and how insignificant we are in the eyes of the rest of the league's fans.

Yeah, and for NH fans there's zero chance that a national TV outlet will want to show the Skins late in the season...

I don't understand how NFL/TV allow for late season adjustments in programming.

Just because the fan base believes that doesn't mean that the head coach does.

Well if he doesn't regret keeping Haslett then he's just another moron coach because we will be 6-10 at best in 7 weeks. If he keeps Haslett we will continue to be average-suck every year until Gruden is **** canned because the fans are carrying signs into the stadium and booing for 4 quarters again. These past 2 games are perfect evidence of how great and how bad our defense can be.

Archived