Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.Com: Redskins Are Confident For Final Seven Games

MustangSteve

“When you go back and just look at what’s going on, being 3-6, you look at the six losses and there’s a player here and a play there that we’re just so close to being 7-2 as opposed to 3-6," he said. “That’s the way the NFL is right now.”

Click link for story http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Redskins-Are-Confident-For-Final-Seven-Games/060e9bb6-36fa-4385-adb1-d9e4895234c4

That's the way it's been the last several years, this team has been so close but something always happens. That bad luck, jinks or what ever it is with this team is bound to change sooner or later and I hope it changes sooner, like right now. Run the table Redskins, this seasons not over! Oh yes it is, we have Haslett to make sure of that.

umm...seasons pretty much over for the redskins, bro....philly is 7-2. dallas is 7-3. we are 3-6. yeah, we could and should win sunday against tampa bay...but after that, we have 2 road games @ san fran and @ indy. san fran is going to kill us. indy will most likely kill us as well. we still have jim haslett as our defensive coordinator. you think we're going to stop kaep and luck? not a chance. plus. philly will kill us on the saturday game.

umm...seasons pretty much over for the redskins, bro....philly is 7-2. dallas is 7-3. we are 3-6. yeah, we could and should win sunday against tampa bay...but after that, we have 2 road games @ san fran and @ indy. san fran is going to kill us. indy will most likely kill us as well. we still have jim haslett as our defensive coordinator. you think we're going to stop kaep and luck? not a chance. plus. philly will kill us on the saturday game.

Well thanks for pissing on that parade lol. There's not a doubt in my mind Haslett will blow it and most likely against the worst team in the NFL this Sunday. All I want to hear are the chants Fire Haslett Fire Haslett.

I don't think we catch Philly, but just hypothetically, we could catch Dallas.  We only would need to beat them again and for them to lose two more, which is more than realistic.  Not sure how that shakes out in the playoff race.

I don't see it this year, unfortunately.  But I'm also not giving up until we're mathematically eliminated.

I don't think we catch Philly, but just hypothetically, we could catch Dallas.  We only would need to beat them again and for them to lose two more, which is more than realistic.  Not sure how that shakes out in the playoff race.

I don't see it this year, unfortunately.  But I'm also not giving up until we're mathematically eliminated.

That's me as well...highly doubt we catch the Eagles--then again, maybe Sanchez turns back into his Jets version and pulls a Cousins: plays the first two games really well then starts imploding from one game to the next. Probably not likely we catch the Cowboys, either...then again, maybe Romo turns back into Romo, or his back gives him more issues than anyone wants to admit and their season ends up in the hands of Weeden.

Hell, could happen lol...

Can Griffin get on a roll? Yep, sure...has before. Our passing offense has been kicking all sorts of ass, at least statistically. We just need those stats to generate more points. We get Cofield back...maybe that'll help turn Hazlett's defense into something slightly resembling competent lol...

At any rate, I don't really have thoughts of the playoffs in my mind, but I'm in no hurry to beat the rush and declare the season dead, either. I'm mainly just wanting to see the team and especially Griffin improve and progress.

The only team that beats us, is us... Ironically the main reason we beat Dallas was the same reason we've lost to many others (Haslett). If someone would just take over and blitz more than twice a game I'd give us a chance at a wild card.

We still have 3 division games left and our game against SanFran could be a wild card tie breaker should things come down to the wire.

Then again, maybe keeping this much hope is why every season ends painfully for me lol.

I love our fans, I really do.

Not sure how you intend this but if you think about it, the Redskins are the team to go on a run to make the playoffs, that sort of run has been the only way we've gotten to the playoffs the last three times and they all were win streaks of 5 or more wins, if I'm not mistaken.  I'm not saying it's a given but if this were Cleveland, Philadelphia or many other teams, you'd count them out in similar situations because for whatever reason they have no recent franchise history of doing this.

As I said, I don't see it, but why would you give up until it's time to give up.  Cats like you quite literally gave up and stopped watching the team during the lead up to the last three playoff trips.  

EVERY year we hear from our players or coaches "We should be blah blah blah blah blah". Look for the redskins to NOT show up this sunday vs the buccaneers (I'm praying i'm wrong). 

Haslett will play soft zone and Mike Evans, VJax and that 6'6" TE they have will rip our secondary apart. I feel our offense plays another solid game but our defense makes the bucs offense look like they have Tom Brady under center. 

Also once we begin giving up on the team after we lose to tampa look for the redskins to pull an upset vs either the 49ers or the colts or win both games and then lose a few more games which will have you pulling your hair out confused as to why we aren't in the playoffs.

Don't you just love our washington redskins. 

This is a team that supposedly needed a "wake up call" after losing, what, 10 of 11 games? 

It seems they are capable of confidence, likely overconfidence, in virtually any circumstance. 

Redskins confidence is like Deangelo Hall's in the who is the best corner in the league convo. Redskins like Deangelo feel they're better than they really are , though you love hearing someone have confidence it borderlines on delusional coming from our team unfortunately. lmao

I just hope i'm still alive when our organization is a power house in football again like it was in the 80's. The way things have been going though I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. :( 

I'm not saying it's a given but if this were Cleveland, Philadelphia or many other teams, you'd count them out in similar situations because for whatever reason they have no recent franchise history of doing this.

Philly was 3-5 last year and wound up 10-6 and taking the division.  Didn't run the table in the last eight, but pretty close.

The word smith wobbles at the word confident.  I'd want them to have faith, hope, and belief.... but confidence?  This team's confidence too often leads to complacency. They need hunger not the arrogant swagger of the undeserved.

They should not doubt themselves into despair, but they should let realities push them.  They've let themselves and us down.  Stupid mistakes, bad play calling, and evil refs have beaten us far more often than the opponent. 

Did the D have confidence against Minnesota? They played like it.  So confident they didn't hardly bother to show up.  Give me hunger over confidence and faith over arrogance.

This is a team that supposedly needed a "wake up call" after losing, what, 10 of 11 games? 

It seems they are capable of confidence, likely overconfidence, in virtually any circumstance. 

The overconfidence part astounds me.  I read how they were overconfident after losing to the Eagles for example because they played them close.  Over the years, they tend to follow up big wins with upset losses.  We got Shanny a year ago talking about the Superbowl before the season started, Garcon saying it could be the best offense ever.   A season before that, Rex Grossman picking them to win the division and saying the previous year they lost a lot but were a very good team. 

I don't know if its the players-coaches or combination of both who seem to think being close is a kin to actually winning. 

Self-confidence is a good thing to have. So is focus, determination, precision, emotional maturity, and the mental discipline to play smart.

The team had a week to regroup and reflect. Only time will tell how well that has helped their quality of performance going forward. At this point, words and attitude count for less than what they do going forward.

A good first step would be a solid 4 quarters of team performance in a convincing win over a very beatable opponent, Tampa Bay.

Although it's not looking good, I'm also hoping for another run. If we ran the table I believe we would get a wild card. Do I see us beating the Colts and Sanfran, no, but that doesn't mean we can't and won't. I'm just plain sick and tired of being out of the playoff race half way through the season.

I would have felt better about our chances if we had beaten Minnesota. That chance blew up in our faces two Sundays ago.

Have you guys noticed that no one comes in here to talk smack to us anymore besides the usual NFC east guys on this board? We used to get random fans from all teams coming in here and starting threads. Shows how far we've fallen and how insignificant we are in the eyes of the rest of the league's fans.

Archived