Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fine Line: holding ball too long vs. using athleticism to extend plays

NoCalMike

IMO- fact is its the intangible ability to predict that when you extend the play its gonna result in positive outcome.

The players I mentioned have it. RG3 right now doesn't.

I disagree that it 'comes with the territory'. If some film room geek could get every extended play from aforementioned QBs and chart outcomes vs sacks, I'm sure there would be a glaring defense of this. The sacks those other QBs take are far outweighed by the positives on plays extended successfully.

Yeah- it is only do it when it's successful. The great ones can. Can't really scout it all that well or Rodgers and Brady would have went #1 overall.

I do think you can train to emulate them.

Holy wall of quotes. 

In the same way you are not concerned that I felt condescended from your numerous posts in the past day, I am not concerned about you preferring I added one more sentence to your quote.  What does that actually matter anyway?  I mean, I get it in specific circumstances, but not this one.  I responded to your whole post in my "holy wall of text" that you proudly claimed that you didn't read fully anyway.  So why are you harping on something that you seem to be claiming is a dealbreaking technicality?  I actually don't get that. What sentence anyway? The segue into your griffin section of your post?  Why would I post a segue into a whole massive section if I wasn't planning on posting said section "due to length of a quote."

You might need to "quote" the part of your post that I was supposed to "quote."  lol 

"Bull. The OP was holding the ball vs extending plays. That is what we are discussing. YOU are the one 'extrapolating' into something larger."

You in your "Bull" post is where the "off topic" inference is coming from.  If you don't think so, then I'm not sure what you are implying otherwise.  You are implying that you are discussing something that was different and separate from what I was posting, how is that anything but implying I was off topic on the grounds that I was turning it into something else? "Extrapolating it into something larger?"  That sounds pretty equal to going "off topic" to me. 

------------

Finally, it's ironic that are harping about my "mistakes" in using the quote feature properly, when, you in a very unclear post that I have referenced numerous times up to this point, the "oh so he can only hold the ball when he knows it will be successful" post, you didn't "quote" mattfancy so he would know it was directed to him?  Because contextually, that was a very unclear post after an influx of "negative" RG3 posts just came in. 

--------------

I have never been talking about anything other then the very specific statement that QBs that extend the play have a tendency to take sacks and you have to take the good with the bad in that regard. PERIOD. I have not and did make nor argue any other points.

Also, the final point here is, I don't know why you have been assuming that I was arguing with your points either.  You and I were not interacting until after the "misread" post that you are saying was directed to mattfancy. My first post was entirely independent of any of your discussion, I was posting what I posted based on a combination of the OP, Bonez3's first comment on that page, and MattFancy's post right before mine.  So, I was never misreading or arguing with what you said, not until after the battle began, which was more based on, well, nonsense essentially.  I'm sure that we can both agree that this back and forth has been mindnumbing. 

MIND NUMBING. I can't even believe I completed this post. I'm talking about both sides. 

I'm interested to see how Griff does with Hank coming back on Sunday. Long as he can hold on to the ball I think he could really make a difference in solving some of our RZ issues if he's inserted correctly. I really want to see him get a chance to go up and grab a few passes. He showed at Miami that he could make those kind of grabs.

I'm interested to see how Griff does with Hank coming back on Sunday. Long as he can hold on to the ball I think he could really make a difference in solving some of our RZ issues if he's inserted correctly. I really want to see him get a chance to go up and grab a few passes. He showed at Miami that he could make those kind of grabs.

Yeah, Hankerson is the key to everything. 

Archived