Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Time for me to eat some crow too

Stefanskins

Last week - Ohhhh I was gloating.See I told all of you! Our Redskins are who I thought we were! We beat Dallass in Dallass!!  Ohhh I was on cloud nine. Who knew that Cloud Nine was that high up? I shoulda been watchin where I was going and not boasting cause I stepped right of that Cumulonimbus cloud... into a free fall.. watch that first step, it's a doozy..

"Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes and clever in their own sight."

So, I think its only reasonable for me to eat my fair share of crow....

What the **** was that***?!! What kind of mickey mouse **** was that?!! 

Ohhh my Redskins... Apparently our defense doesn't realize that there is a position on offense called a tight end... cause every time I looked up... there was one of their tight ends wide and I mean WIDE ass open... not a f'n Redskin in sight... $#@%! Ryan Clark!!! We shoulda signed Captain Mudderly.. or how ever you spell his name... 

Nice game plan Hasslet you Ass$#@&! What is wrong with this mother$%#@$^?! Rookie QB...and he calls that kind of game?

ROBERT!! All I can think of is the line from the Godfather... I know it was you Fredo. You broke my heart. You broke my heart! 

That was not RG3 at 100%... at least mentally... run that 6 yards mother&^%$#!! 6 Mother&^%$@#in yards man!! Instead you "throw" that? My 90 year old grandmother coulda made a better throw.. what the F was that?!! Of course you couldn't have made that type of throw on the int....no, on the int you hit that corner in the numbers...

I should have listened to all of you who wanted to play Colt. We would have won that game with Colt...

What have you done to my Redskins Snyder?!!!

I think Patty Smyth sums up my feeling about my Skins the best

ahhh hell who am I kiddin'... I'm too much of a homer... I should change my name to Mark... cause that's what I am... a friggin Redskins Rube..

A mans got to believe in something and I believe I'll have another drink.

I live in my own delusional Stefantasy...

7 in a row or we don't go!! Hail to our Redskins!!!

I should have been shocked that the defense would fall apart that completely.

They still managed to catch me off guard. I thought Griffin minus a throw or two played well esp. all things considered.  A stupid pass and an errant pass here or there, but he ran, he slid, he threw away and he was plenty accurate.  I put this 80-20 on the defense's back.

They still managed to catch me off guard. I thought Griffin minus a throw or two played well esp. all things considered.  A stupid pass and an errant pass here or there, but he ran, he slid, he threw away and he was plenty accurate.  I put this 80-20 on the defense's back.

Although I think RG3 did ....alright,

MCoy, in both Tennessee and Dallass games, showed he could make plays and move the ball with the game on the line.

In both Houston and Minny games, RG3 could not.

Coincidence or trend?

P.S. Will RG3 ever develop a pocket presence or pass rush clock in his head?

He continues to be responsible for at least 50% of the sacks he takes.

I'd like to say i am 'comfortably numb' to Haslett, but maybe i'm more uncomfortably numb.

The song i wanna hear is Asia, you're leaving now, and daydream of Haslett being handed his pink slip, and while he's walking out, yell at him a Pat Benatar song 'find another fool'.

Better yet, when Haslett walks in the office, have the lights go out, a few lightning bolts striking around, then in walks the Undertaker with Haslett's dismissal notice. Then, booooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnn.....booooooooooonnnnnnn.

Then break out with party like its 1999 when the door closes.

I don't know, wrecker.

RGIII regained the lead at least twice only to watch the defense give it away.  He had that game won with even a middling defensive effort after scoring the last touchdown, but not only let the Vikes waltz easily down the field and score a third second half touchdown, but allowed the two point conversion.

So, charging that RGIII can't lead a team back rings false to me.

MCoy, in both Tennessee and Dallass games, showed he could make plays and move the ball with the game on the line.

Coincidence or trend?

Yeah I never would have said he played well. I did not see it. What I saw was a QB holding the ball too long, running in circles in the back field trying to avoid the rush and never looked comfortable. Obviously with the bad OL, but Cousins and McCoy looked a ton more comfortable back there and stepping up into the pocket.

I too believe over half of his OL issues are because he steps the wrong way or leaves his pocket. I'm over the "development" word. 2 years and 2 summers injured or not he should be better at controlling himself and yet he is still by professional accounts way behind Cousins in development. People can claim Cousins sucks, but right now I think he has more upside in the long run.

I would have played McCoy for this game and maybe let RG3 come back after the break. The good news is maybe we can keep losing to get the second pick in the draft :) then maybe we can draft only OL and DB's.

That was not RG3 at 100%... at least mentally... run that 6 yards mother&^%$#!! 6 Mother&^%$@#in yards man!! Instead you "throw" that? My 90 year old grandmother coulda made a better throw.. what the F was that?!! Of course you couldn't have made that type of throw on the int....no, on the int you hit that corner in the numbers...

I should have listened to all of you who wanted to play Colt. We would have won that game with Colt...

Colt played one of the worst defenses in the league.  He had a stellar performance from the defense carrying the team including generating turnovers.   He put up 17 points in regulation time. 

RG3 played one of the best defenses in the league.  He got a putrid performance from the defense who generated no turnovers.   He put up 26 points, 50% of the drives were scores.

Somehow that adds up to Colt would have pulled this off?

Lucky for me, I've learned my lesson about talking trash when the Skins are involved. You learn after being burned time & time again. I was happy we beat Dallas in Dallas but I certainly wasn't over the top about it b/c aside from that what has this team done for me lately? Nada...zero...zilch...so I know better than to get on the proverbial high horse. I did think, however, that we would beat MN. I blame the lack of defensive performance for this loss..I think RG played decent enough to win but you can't keep letting them come back over & over and march down the field like we weren't even there...the way some of those guys got that wide open was ridiculous.  I love this team..even when they make difficult to love them. I will always watch and I will always have hope. I am a Redskins fan..it's what we do.

I don't know, wrecker.

RGIII regained the lead at least twice only to watch the defense give it away.  He had that game won with even a middling defensive effort after scoring the last touchdown, but not only let the Vikes waltz easily down the field and score a third second half touchdown, but allowed the two point conversion.

Agree.  RG3 has shown in numerous games he could lead comebacks even last year.  For him playing after sitting on the bench for 6 weeks -- against one of the best defenses in the league -- he played relatively well IMo and most others for that matter 

I don't know, wrecker.

I agree with this ... to a degree.

I was accused of being a Griffin fanboy, or whatever, after I criticized Cousins for not being able to move the ball 10-15 yards when it mattered, playing his worst ball of the day, against the Eagles, when the defense gave him and the offense the opportunity to go win the game.

I was critical then, though not drawing wild conclusions, because the game was "on his raquet" so to speak, and he blew it, with some pretty bad play.

Griffin, had a little more to cope with. The 10 yard offensive PI set them at 1-20, and he had farther to go.  He scrambled to get them into a 4th and manageable, but picked a really bad time to have a brain cramp and throw a bad pass, when he might have been able to pick up the 1st with his legs.  

Ultimately, he failed to do the same thing that Cousins failed to do, even though his task was harder given the yardage he had to gain. 

He deserves some criticism for that. He also deserves criticism for the pick at the end of the first half.

But, honestly, he overcame the pick, and they scored 26 points.  That's not terrible on the road against a good defense.

The fact that the defense gave up back-to-back 80 yard drives to a rookie quarterback is unconscionable.  

I wish the Defensive players would have not listened to Haslett and played the blitz all day long.  Haslett couldn't sit all of the defense.

I like your sig.  That is all. :)

Well said VOR, we agree completely

I've always said, bottom line, ball in your hands you have to win it and he didn't. DJax didn't help

Him out with the penalty but he still had a makable play with a couple options if he wanted to pass or run.

The defense was as awful as his last pass though against a rookie QB no less

RG3 seemed to me to be reluctant to throw on time, which is what we've seen before.

The prime example of this was the two point conversion.

There is absolutely no reason in the world you take a sack on a conversion. None.

(UNLESS it's a lightning type blitz from the blindside that gets home in .4 seconds. THAT'S IT)

It's a conversion. THROW IT.

THROW IT.

Count your count and throw it where it needs to be. If the receiver is not there, it's on HIM.

If it is incomplete. oh well. KICKOFF.

If it is intercepted, oh well, KICKOFF.

No matter what,,, it's either good, or it's a dead play.

NO MATTER WHAT.

no reason at all to take a sack. It simply shows he is overthinking, trying too hard to make the perfect play, or more likely, not yet comfortable with what constitutes "open" in the NFL.

The second half sacks,, my untrained eye puts a lot on him.

THROW the ball. If your number one isn't good and the rush is hot, check down and throw.

Standing there waiting for guys to come open is unacceptable. As a QB he has to be quicker in making the decision, and then execute. Throw it.

You know he can. he can throw with tremendous accuracy.. but he gets his confidence shaken and he starts holding the ball, overthinking and wasting time behind the line.

the defense... ugh. How long has it BEEN since we've had a defense that can force a team off the field when they need to?

This defense ALWAYS just lets the big drive happen. Team needs a score and it's 85 yards away?

They will GET IT.

Haslett's defense BREAKS.

CONSTANTLY.

A friggin' ROOKIE QB.. a ROOKIE and a running back who literally ACTUALLY was a TRUCK DRIVER last year,, Haslett puts him in the record books.

Running our guys backwards, WANTING IT MORE.

Matt Asi- ****ing -ATA.

Our defense is continually put in a bad position by this Big Bird looking mother****er who calls our plays, and they get CHUMPED BY CHUMPS.

Over and over and over.

OK, so early on they tried to blitz, and Bridgewater saw it each time and each time he went right to where he was supposed to go with the ball. LUCKILY he can't hit the side of a barn, and no harm was done.. but Haslett decided to STOP trying to pressure him.

where are these creative bitzes he's supposed to be so full of?

A ROOKIE READ HIM LIKE A BOOK, and made him STOP.

he had no answer. NONE.

He went back to the usual 4 man rush that never gets home, and lo, it never did in any time that it would have mattered... and somehow they kept forgetting that

A/ there's a guy out there called a TIGHT END who is allowed to catch passes, and

B/ There's an entire left side of the field that they are allowed to run in.

How many times is some no name TE going to have a career day against us?

How many times are we going to be caught dead by a BAD OFFENSE running WIDE OPEN before Haslett EVER SHOWS ANYTHING?

Our CBs showed they could man up.. and they CAN.. so LET THEM. Breeland is special,, he has skill and the right attitude. USE IT. Leave him out there and GO GET THE ****ING ROOKIE QB.

it's maddening.

the good news is: Special teams are playing very well lately. so yay.

Gruden needs to have a sore foot this morning from kicking Jim Haslett's ass.

~Bang

Our defense is continually put in a bad position by this Big Bird looking mother****er who calls our plays, and they get CHUMPED BY CHUMPS.

Over and over and over.

Fantastic line from a fantastic post.  Haslett does look like ****ing Big Bird.  I nominate that from now on, we all references to Haslett appear as "Big Bird."

Griffin, had a little more to cope with. The 10 yard offensive PI set them at 1-20, and he had farther to go.  He scrambled to get them into a 4th and manageable, but picked a really bad time to have a brain cramp and throw a bad pass, when he might have been able to pick up the 1st with his legs.  

Which brings up THIS topic: WHY IN THE BLOODY HELL is Logan Paulsen still on this team?! One thing is certain when LP comes in: he's going to jump early OR he's going to drop a ball that winds up IN his hands! Every year, I hope that he doesn't make the cut because we have seen that knucklehead do this OVER and OVER, and yet he somehow makes the cut. WHY?!

funny ... that's the same assessment many had of Cousins ... moved the offense like a champ and then made an errant pass here or there.

if I were Amerson or Breeland I'd be pissed ... put on an MNF island against a top defense and good WRs including a decidely elite WR and then rocked it ... then next week he schemes them into journeyman hacks who can't cover because they aren't asked to ... for the love of Pete Haz ... play 'em as if they were good ... there's so little that is on your D ... what's the worst thing that could happen ... lose a game?  DAMN!

here is absolutely no reason in the world you take a sack on a conversion. None.

(UNLESS it's a lightning type blitz from the blindside that gets home in .4 seconds. THAT'S IT)

It's a conversion. THROW IT.

This is a big point and undermines what I consider to be RG3's biggest weakness: he's got a very low football IQ. You have to instinctively know what options your situation dictates. He does not have this. I don't think this is something that can be taught, either. At this point in your football career, those kinds of decisions should be second nature. "OK, a pick can't be returned on a conversion, so there's no risk to throw it up for grabs if I have no other choice; just can't take a sack." Or, "OK, game is on the line here on fourth down. If there's running room, I'm taking it." He doesn't seem to grasp these simple concepts of game management, and those moments are where the rubber hits the road. Those are the moments that turn "L"s into "W"s.

if I were Amerson or Breeland I'd be pissed ... put on an MNF island against a top defense and good WRs including a decidely elite WR and then rocked it ... then next week he schemes them into journeyman hacks who can't cover because they aren't asked to ... for the love of Pete Haz ... play 'em as if they were good ... there's so little that is on your D ... what's the worst thing that could happen ... lose a game?  DAMN!

And yet Chris Russell was just on the radio saying they went to zone because it was apparent to HazMat that they could not cover the Vikings receivers man to man and were being beaten too often. I just don't get it. You cover Dez Bryant like a blanket the whole game, and suddenly you can't cover these Viking scrubs? I realize that is pointed at the ENTIRE secondary, not just Breeland and Amerson, but this line of thought just makes no sense to me. Seems like this team is ALWAYS at its worst in zone coverage.

That's the biggest thing for me. Why didn't Haslett at least TRY the same thing. I'm of the opinion you keep doing something until they beat it. The Vikings were obviously beating whatever the hell that was he was calling yesterday so why not try what worked before. 

I was 100% prepared for the loss. I even told my son that it was 99.9% likely we would walk into this trap and fail. Was I upset? Hell yes. You ask me, if Haslett is here next year I don't know how I'm going to be able to pull myself together and watch him on the sidelines. He looked SO lost during yesterday's loss.

Coincidence or trend?

I swear I must be watching different games than everyone else.  Was I happy with RG3's performance... no.  But I wasn't that upset.  We knew he would be rusty.  We knew he needed to get back in the flow of the game.  So we give him the pass until bullets start flying and then it's "Why is he rusty?!  Why is he making mistakes?!".  This fan base is something else.

And McCoy moving the ball?  I guess you missed the first half where our defense got multiple turnovers and we did virtually nothing with them except giving it back immediately that took 3 points off the board for us.  Multiple short passes that would have had great YAC is they weren't thrown at the receivers feet.  Sure, he had a bomb to DeSean (that he under threw badly).  Sure he had a great throw to Jordan Reed on the sidelines... But he scored 17 points in regulation against a defense that was predicted to be the worst in NFL history.  They've played over their heads a bit this season, but certainly showed that greatest suckitude of all time capability in that game (and the game this past Sunday).

So McCoy scores 20 (3 in overtime) against one of the worst defense in the league.  He scores twice (both TD) in 4 second half drives.  RG3 puts up 26 against the 9th ranked defense in the league.  Scoring 2 TDs and 1 FG in 5 second half drives.  Yet McCoy is just amazing while RG3 sucks.  The only way that makes sense is if you look at the final score and then re-write the story to match the outcome.

Archived