Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Vikings Steal One From Redskins, 29-26

There was hope and there was this Sunday's game, not much hope left. What a terrible game.

My many negative comments to - The coach for letting it happen, the owner for interfering, and the GM for doing nothing. There is no future in mismanagement, only losing. After 20 years of losing I am of the belief there is no future with this team.

Sorry about my negatives, but it is the way I feel.

SO does anyone else find is at least a little suspect that adam shifter waits until just before the game to release a story that RGIII has alienated the locker room? He is the same toolbox that kept "leaking" stuff last year, even when local beat reporters would say no, that's not true. 

I wonder if we could file a class action law suit for undo stress and slander of our team, or something!!  There is a clear effort to trash the skins and keep them from winning. I know it sounds far fetched and is probably useless. But I getting sick and tired of these baseless attacks. 

We all understand your frustration TAB because we feel it as well. I was hoping for a 3-game roll but instead, we saw a not-to-bad- first 2 drives, combined with some very good defense descend into the-same-old-thing leading to a loss. I faulted the play calling during the game but now, after watching them allow 29 points, can't put all the fault there. What do you guys think?

I believe that there is a certain segment of the media that totally believe in complete PC'ness and because of the fact that Snyder won't roll over for them, they continue to get nastier and more personal in their stories. This is what they did year before last year with their stories when RG got hurt. Did you hear any stories about how Jerra over-rode the team Dr to put R-o-m-o back in the game last week? Not a one! All they focused on was Jerra's meddling, not on "what exactly was said". Was the team Dr interviewed? Nope, not once. Had that been the Redskins, you know what would have happened! This is what they do when the small group of "the offended" don't get their way. Do I believe "leaking" the story was intentional? I don't know for sure but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it were. These are the same guys that skewered DJ's reputation in Philly to gain favor with a coach who didn't want him there but because all these writers are competing for readers and attention, each wants to "out do" the other, making their very credibility suspect. Erad

How much of the poor play and defensive play calling had anything to do with the wreck between the team buses and the 5,000 Native American protesters outside the stadium. Did Scheffler get paid by a group to leak a false statement just as he did last year? I wonder and it is completely believeable to me.

How much of the poor play and defensive play calling had anything to do with the wreck between the team buses and the 5,000 Native American protesters outside the stadium. Did Scheffler get paid by a group to leak a false statement just as he did last year? I wonder and it is completely believeable to me.

I don't think he got paid. I think he did it because he and shanny are big buddies. I also think there is an open season on the team because of the name thing.

I don't think the poor play had anything to do with the shefler report, the bus crash, or the demonstration. I think it's lack of focus. I think they were too proud of themselves. John Keim said during practice he thought the team looked to happy with the win against dallast and was not taking Minnesota serious enough.

The poor play calling on D was because haslett is an idiot. Why was he not blitzing the fire out of this kid! Get him nervous, make him make mistakes. But no, let's continue to make rookie QBs look like HOFers!  I hope they fire this POS!!!  

I hate dallast, but look what Rod Marenelli has done with very little talent. We need that kind of DC. With our talent we might even be good.

Well, this is the week that really hurts every year... Sometimes it's week 6, sometimes it's week 16, but it's the week when we are realistically eliminated from the playoff hunt. Most team's fans get at least the majority of the season to enjoy rooting their team on, not us. Well, enough with the self-pity, can someone send me the article that was leaked by Schefter? Or give me a quick summary. I watched all the coverage of the game and pre-game, but saw nothing significant.

When it comes to the game- the worst play was RG's pick, I think that was the most significant blow. For as great as Haz was last week, he was equally as bad this game. No blitzing the worst statistical QB against the blitz?!?! Clearly he hasn't taught these guys well enough with his dumb zone coverage, yet blown coverage after blown coverage, he kept going with it. I was wrong about RG starting, he had a few bad passes, but played fine. This D, Haslett more specifically, screwed us.

well had to work only saw the high/lowlights on tv of what saw the offense was clicking for the most part but the defense didnt hold up their end ,geez cant we just put the whole game together and mow over everyone this is unexcusable  we have enough talent right now to beat most of the teams and suprise some elite ones ,the w/l record should be reversed but some how its one thing or another keeping us doing from doing it.

I don't think he got paid. I think he did it because he and shanny are big buddies. I also think there is an open season on the team because of the name thing.

I don't think the poor play had anything to do with the shefler report, the bus crash, or the demonstration. I think it's lack of focus. I think they were too proud of themselves. John Keim said during practice he thought the team looked to happy with the win against dallast and was not taking Minnesota serious enough.

The poor play calling on D was because haslett is an idiot. Why was he not blitzing the fire out of this kid! Get him nervous, make him make mistakes. But no, let's continue to make rookie QBs look like HOFers!  I hope they fire this POS!!!  

I hate dallast, but look what Rod Marenelli has done with very little talent. We need that kind of DC. With our talent we might even be good.

Hail Goskins- I hope you know that I will never be a Haslett supporter or apologist but when he brought the house in the 1st half I made a mental note that Bridgewater had the pass out of his hands in 1 1/2 seconds, extremely fast. So, I think Haslett had to change the pass rush scheme...no need to pass rush if the ball is out of there, had to keep guys back into coverage. Saw Kerrigan in coverage alot in this game, saw Merriweather very little in pass rush. Secondary is one of our weak spots and the Vike's coach knew it. Just my 2 cents on what I saw. I wish they would fire Haslett also but they won't during the season, but Haslett better contact a good realtor because he may need one in February.

I would have to say that the Ford touchdown was on Clark completely. There is no one else to blame for that. Clark is way past his prime as we knew when we signed him which is why the Steelers released him. Horrible blown assignment. HASLETT with the F*@&EN ZONE COVERAGE that has not worked all year. We went man last week against a great receiver and co and shut them down. Our CB can go man so F$CK#* GO MAN.

The Bad news for Haslett is we have another QB that has been pretending to be bad coming up just so he can beat the skins. Go away Haslett! Go Skins!

Let's start with the QBs - By now we are aware that neither Cousins nor RG3 can quickly spot the alternate receivers and get the short passing game working. The short passing game is critical in eating up the clock and making the running game possible (Helu or Morris, I don't care). Both QBs need to correct their problems in the pre-season - no more weekly runs of excessive sacks, excessive interceptions, and excessive defeats - please.

Haslett needs to take chances like he did in the Dallas game. I would rather give them an occasional long TD than have a constant series of long clocks eating drives by our opponents that result in scores.

Gruden needs to look like he is in charge, the post game excuses are getting old.

Yesterday I went back to the feeling that we would find a way to lose. I like the feeling of the prior 2 weeks - we would find a way to win.

Sorry about the negative stance, but yesterday was quite enough of the loser feeling.

TAB- I agree... I like that Gruden directly called Haslett out in the post-game. But, at the same time, he's the head coach and had to have known the gameplan/scheme that Haslett was going to implement. He should have known all the facts- like the fact the Vikings are the worst team in the league against the blitz. And as head coach, if not saying something before the game, certainly say something to Haz as we were getting carved up in the 2nd half. I got so sick/angry of seeing the close-up of Haz's face after all those easy scoring drives full of bad schemes and blown coverages.

Every year I'm in a position to ask myself... do I want the Skins to win out and pass up 15 draft picks to inevitably just miss the playoffs, or would I like us to just lay over and take a top draft pick. What hurts us more in the long run- another 3-13 season and a very disgruntled team, but with a top 5 prospect coming in... Or winning out and hopefully going 10-6 to raise morale, but only getting a 15-20 draft pick.

My question is this, what is that we are doing wrong in our rebuilding years that takes us so damn long. Why can't we evaluate talent correctly?! I think we are heading in the right direction but I read somewhere if we should abandon the 3-4 and I think we should. I've never been a fan of it and I think our defensive players are better suited for the 4-3. Even free agent pickups like Hatcher was better suited for the 4-3. Put Murphy and Kerrigan's knuckles in the dirt and have LB's. What do we have to lose. A losing record? Setting this franchise back a couple years? Like I said this team is better suited as a 4-3 am I wrong? I could be. I'm very frustrated right now. We were a top ten defense when we were a 4-3 defense! Just rambling fellas. Go skins!

Agree with 603, don't know why we are continuously in a rebuilding mode, it is like a trip to wonderful destination in which you only get to travel and never arrive. That is not fun.

@Man, the biggest problem with going back to the 4-3 is that while some pieces may fit they will need to swap out the majority of the front 7 to get efficeint, I am not crazy about waiting for something else.

I say screw the high draft pick if you haven't fostered a winning attitude. I might say this starts at the top with snottynose Snyder and all the way down to the trainers. I think Gruden is the guy to instill this, like to see where we are at after a couple of years with him. We get our 1st round pick back in the next draft, he's found a few gems, a couple of good free agents...he needs time.

Alright, now that you guys have had a chance to vent and rightfully so too, and I've had a chance to read and in most cases agree with what everyone said, I'm going to tell you all what pi*ses me off beyond all semblance of coherency: How the hell, after losing and giving up FIVE SACKS can a player smile and be happy after the game? How does that work? The O line just got busted clean in the mouth, over and over again and their are happy and joking? They DON'T GIVE A CRAP! That's what's wrong on offense, defense and even a couple ST'ers. Can any of you older guys remember how Jim Lachey was after a game that he had allowed a SINGLE sack? He wasn't fit to be around anyone! It wasn't only him but look at any good, winning team and you'll see it stocked full of players who hold themselves accountable. Anyone see Peyton after getting his butt kicked? Not these guys.....it's laughing and joking and all I hear are EXCUSES! I see it in the eyes when they trot off the field after 3rd down and they are going to punt. OK, it's isn't EVERY player but it's enough guys that the team as a whole sucks. When they beat Dallas, I was afraid it would go to their heads but think about it, prior to Sunday's game, they were a 3-5 team. They were at the BOTTOM of their Division.....not much to celebrate there but the HC needs to let them know that. Against Dallas, they played for pride but against Minn, they plain slacked....and it's not going to change until THEY change it. A lot of us have jobs and careers where we compete against other firms and trust me, we aren't laughing and joking if we lose a bid because you earn the right to laugh and joke by being successful!

Vikings steal one from the Redskins? What an arrogant attitude? Why don't you say we stunk again? Why don't you say our team showed up to lose again? Why don't you say our organization is not capable of building a team that can compete in the NFL? How long has been since the Cook family sold this franchise? What did Mr. Snyder and his people (who by the way apparently know nothing about running an NFL team except to throw away millions of dollars on players that other teams are done with) what did they do since they bought the team? Some of the comments I read here want the Redskins to lose the rest of the season in order to have high draft picks next year. To these people I say, don't worry this is all they can do, I don't think they are capable to win any way. One more comment, RG3 is by no means the future of this team.

Out of likes - sein and erad give yourself one.

@erad, you got my mad beat.

@sein - who is suggesting we lose to get a high pick? High picks don't make you winners, the correct selection of players with character that can work under a winning coach's direction is the key. Based on our record one could say with some justification we are failing in both areas (correct players with character and winning head coach).

For the record- I just posed the question, by no means was I implying I'd like to throw the season for a higher draft pick... Just wondering what the consensus was. Can we please stop mentioning Snyder selling the team being the only solution to us getting back to our winning ways. He will never sell the team, so if you truly believe we won't be successful with him as the owner then find another team. Teams with bad owners have found their way deep into the playoffs plenty of times. If you look at this roster, there is plenty of talent- a little help on both sides of the line would be welcome, but it's not like we're the Raiders here. Things need to change- like Haz finding a new home and Gruden refining his offense a bit, but this team has too much talent to be a cellar dweller.

Ok I didn't see the game, was out of town, and it think my neighbor screwed up my recording. He has a different system, really don't blame him because it looked like the same old Redskins.

@Sein: If the players are joking around after a loss they should get benched or cut. These men make hundreds of thousands to millions a year. If all they care about is the money then Jay needs to let them go.

Also Snyder will never let this team go. He is a true Redskin fan but unfortunately not a good owner. If they don't play with pride I see some hole sale changes coming this off season. Hope Dan gets out of the way and let's Jay draft what he fells will help this team! HTTR

About the laughing and smiling coming off a loss...I don't like it one bit. But it is a new era, hell I don't like seeing players hug each other from other teams, and I really hate seeing one of our players help an opposing player off the ground after a tackle(haven't seen that from the Redskins this year). We aren't the only team out there that acts like this and I for one dislike it big time. Be nasty, be hungry, and dislike the team you are playing.

Archived