Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP:Vick back Nov. 30th

TK

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44202-2003Oct30.html

Atlanta's Vick Moves Up Return Date

Associated Press

Thursday, October 30, 2003; 9:05 PM

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - Atlanta Falcons coach Dan Reeves insisted he's not pressuring Michael Vick to get back on the field, while the ailing quarterback bumped up his scheduled return by a week.

Vick, recovering from a broken right leg, said Thursday he hopes to be playing by the Nov. 30 game at Houston - not Dec. 7 against Carolina, which he indicated a day earlier.

Reeves took issue with the media for the way his comments Wednesday were reported. He had said: "Mike needs to get back as soon as he possibly can" and "if he's going to be better, it's going to be getting in ballgames."

"Never once did I indicate anything that was written, so you definitely had a different slant on it than I did," Reeves told reporters Thursday.

Once again, Vick said he won't play until he's fully recovered.

"I understand exactly where Coach Reeves is coming from," he said. "Trust me - I want to be out on the field, too, playing, but if I can't do it, then how can I go out there and play? I can't go out and give my all."

Vick fractured his fibula in an Aug. 16 preseason game. The bone has healed, but he has too much pain to cut as he runs.

"Me and the trainers - Coach Reeves - we all have a big part, but what it all boils down to is it's my decision," Vick said. "I'll be glad when the rehab is over."

© 2003 The Associated Press

people are all over Vick for not coming back earlier, but it appears now as if the Falcons will be 1-8 or 1-9 when he comes back in any event, what difference is his presence going to make?

Atlanta is out of it for 2003. The best thing for the team is to finish 2-14 and get a top pick and then select a dominant player to go with Vick to help build the Falcons into a perennial contender.

No team has gone this far downhill losing one player, not even the Jets.

It is clear the Falcons are not from top to bottom a championship caliber club.

THAT is what Atlanta fans should be focusing on.

Peerless Price hasn't done a damn thing in 2003.

Where was HIS leadership the first few games when the team was struggling?

Archived