Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why is Kirk Cousins an Interception Machine?

RiverboatGambler

You're right. It's not cool.

But with that being said, many of Kirk's guys sure threw insults at both Robert and his supporters.

You're right man. That's all I can say at this point BRAVESONAWARPATH93. Kirk really have me at a lost for words right now. Everyone including you know I prefer RG3 over Kirk. But I honestly didn't want him to tank like this because it means that we're losing. I HATE this feeling man.

I sincerely apologize to you or anyone else if I've insulted anyone. Not intended at all. I think I need to take up drinking or something.

My thoughts on Cousins pretty much remains the same as it's been.

Cousins is a solid backup QB who could be a reasonable starter on a team where he's asked to be a manager and not have to routinely go "win" a game.

He'll have flashes and can play well when front running in a game. But he has poor decision making in stressful situations and pushes when he feels he has to make a play. And with everyone in the media and around this team trying to make this an "audition", it's automatically a higher stress situation.

He has a lot of traits that make a good backup QB, but he just doesn't have the potential to be a franchise guy. Griffin simply does. It's why this has never been a significant question to me in terms of Cousins being "the guy". I'd rather have seem him do well these past few weeks, but I'm not shocked by this at all.

I don't have a big issue with Cousins, because I've never tried to make him something other than he is. I have had issues with those fans who chose to run down and tear down and insult our franchise QB to prop Cousins up as our future off an extemely small sample size.

All I have to say is this:  Why are the Redskins trying to re-create the 2003-2008 Bucs?

As for Cousins.  Cut him SOME slack - it was only his, what 7th start ever? 

8th, plus playing almost the whole of a 9th and half of a 10th. Plus parts of 4 others, including a playoff game. After 3 full training camps and preseasons. 

He's had enough time that he deserves to be judged on what he's doing on the field. And what he's doing is just plain not good.

You're right man. That's all I can say at this point BRAVESONAWARPATH93. Kirk really have me at a lost for words right now. Everyone including you know I prefer RG3 over Kirk. But I honestly didn't want him to tank like this because it means that we're losing. I HATE this feeling man.

I sincerely apologize to you or anyone else if I've insulted anyone. Not intended at all. I think I need to take up drinking or something.

I'm BOTW 93

He's BOAW lol.

But yeah drink a lot bro. I'm about to start

It doesn't concern me so much that a QB with less than a half season of playing experience throws too many INTs. What points to probable bust is that his performance invariably degrades in the 2nd half. To me this indicates an inability to adjust and a lack of the "it" factor to win when the game is on the line.

Andrew Luck threw too many INTs his rookie year, but also made a number of 4th qtr comebacks. Eli makes some boneheaded errors, but is better than his brother when it comes to pulling out a last minute win. Cousins, by contrast, is a terrible 2nd half QB.

Sometimes I hate it when I'm right.

I have been optimistic that the real KC was the one playing the Eagles, Jags, etc. Obviously, that was not the case and I was wrong. However, I will not apologize for wanting better QB play for the Redskins. If that means RGIII proves it or someone else (not KC), I just want this team to start winning again!

100% AGREED! I think the Kirk Cousins discussion should be over. I think he cares more about throwing quickly than seeing the actual coverage. He seems to blindly throw A LOT!!

I have had many debates with you, never been insulting. At this point, I really hope RGIII will prove closer to 2012 than 2013. Not to mention, I am often confused since our screen names are so close.

I'm BOTW 93

He's BOAW lol.

But yeah drink a lot bro. I'm about to start

I've never had one drink in my life bro LOLOL But I'm seriously considering it RIGHT NOW!! LOL

I have had many debates with you, never been insulting. At this point, I really hope RGIII will prove closer to 2012 than 2013. Not to mention, I am often confused since our screen names are so close.

Yes we have my friend. Many debates :D I hope RG3 does as well. I don't know if RG3 could be this bad even if he tried. Kirk just seems to be over his head a bit. I wonder what Joe Theisman is thinking now!

OH and YES LOLOL our screen name is VERY close LOLOL

I've never had one drink in my life bro LOLOL But I'm seriously considering it RIGHT NOW!! LOL

Yes we have my friend. Many debates :D I hope RG3 does as well. I don't know if RG3 could be this bad even if he tried. Kirk just seems to be over his head a bit. I wonder what Joe Theisman is thinking now!

OH and YES LOLOL our screen name is VERY close LOLOL

Not sure, Joe has been so good at opening mouth and inserting foot. He did have a lot thinking KC was better (me included). No, I don't think RG3 could be this bad, hell, not sure Rex could have been that bad.

Man it's been a rough 20+ years with a few years of false hope sprinkled in.

Man, you ain't lying! I think that is what makes this so hard. I remember the 80's and early 90's (90, 91, 92) and how good this team was.

Remember when People said the last games Kirk started last year meant nothing and were not an indication of the type of QB he was. Yeah those were the days...

All I have to say is this:  Why are the Redskins trying to re-create the 2003-2008 Bucs?

As for Cousins.  Cut him SOME slack - it was only his, what 7th start ever? 

Has he broken the interception record for fewest starts yet?

Kirk is done as a starter anywhere.  He is probably one of the best backups in the league though. Couldn't believe I said Kirk is gonna be elite  :lol:

There's 81 pages of really embarrassing posts between this thread and the other Cousins thread, don't worry you'll get lost in the shuffle. There are guys that are much more deserving of potential call-outs.

Remember when People said the last games Kirk started last year meant nothing and were not an indication of the type of QB he was. Yeah those were the days...

It wasn't his fault they said. The team had given up they said. He is a better pocket passer than Griffen they said.

Seems to me last season's games were a perfect indicator of how Cousins would play as a starter.

If only Robert Gimpy III was playing, I bet we'd win!  He has been tearing apart defenses since 2012!  Just ignore the first half of 2012... and all of 2013... and the beginning of 2014... the guy is elite and was certainly worth several draft picks.  I am in the mood for some Subway... man that guy can sell me on anything.  

Archived