Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Couple of points on the Ref calls in the game

Havenless

That fight debacle had me going insane! I mean what happened to Riley Cooper being tossed, he clearly threw punches and threw someone on the ground in plain sight of the refs. When it appeared they were throwing out Trent Williams, I was livid! Glad they fixed that error ASAP, it was as if the Skins were fighting themselves over there!

2) On the Delay of Game call against the Redskins.  On a play like that where the whistle is blown and play is ruled dead before it is snapped, how in the holy hell is a defender not flagged for sacking the QB?  How is the QB in THAT situation where he is standing there unaware, not considered a defenseless player, especially considering the blockers have stood up and stopped playing.  I understand people are saying that some didn't hear the whistle. I am not saying it was dirty or on purpose, but intent doesn't matter in this case, Cousins was wrapped up and driven into the ground on a dead play.  Why was this not a flag?  It's very possible Cousins gets hurt on that play.

It is a flag in every other game. And for those who said the defender didn't hear the whistle... if excuses like that were allowed there would never be a late hit in the NFL ever!

The Robinson PI was the worst of the calls though.  Overthrown ball and the linebacker barely touches the receiver as he's trying to make the catch.  Just absolutely disgusting.

John Madden wrote a book titled after the rule for crying out loud.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/506087.One_knee_equals_two_feet

Some of you must have only started watching football. This rule is enforced seemingly every week in at least 1 game.

I've come to the conclusion that most Redskins fans don't watch football outside of the Redskins.

When Foles went down to the ground because of Baker's hit at the end of the non-interception, the trainers rushed out onto the field and attended to him. Anytime this happens, it is my understanding that the injured player then has to go to the sidelines for the next play, but Foles didn't. That should have been a penalty on the Eagles, but the officials didn't call it.

If it is outside the two minute warning, which it was, Philadelphia has to announce an injury timeout when a player is down which stops the game and does not cost them a timeout. When this happens, the player in question must stay out of the game for at least 1 play. HOWEVER, due to a close interception play, the referee booth automatically reviews all turnovers, giving the Eagles an opportunity to tend to Foles and not use an injury timeout, which doesn't invoke the 1 play rule.

How about the one we get called roughing the passer and yet when Cousins gets hit nothing. In fact I recorded the game and if you put a clock on it you will see Murphy was earlier than the Eagles player...Total BS calling from the refs today. Not to mention all the holding calls on their OL.

Still not getting the OP's point. He was not defending the officals complete game. Just those 4 calls.

When Foles went down to the ground because of Baker's hit at the end of the non-interception, the trainers rushed out onto the field and attended to him. Anytime this happens, it is my understanding that the injured player then has to go to the sidelines for the next play, but Foles didn't. That should have been a penalty on the Eagles, but the officials didn't call it.

Whether you agree the Baker penalty was right.... The officials did explain, that because foles was 'injured' because of a penalty, he did not have to leave the game.

The biggest gaffe by the refs was the Pass Interference call on the LBer (Robinson IIRC) near the sideline, where he hardly grazed the recievers thigh after the receiver had touched and dropped the ball.

The others aren't big issues. That was the big one that changed the outcome. I hate the way the NFL refs games now, but you live by the sword and die by the sword.

We had a crazy gracious call in the Houston game with the Roughing the Passer by Swearinger. The difference is in redskins fashion they fumbled the next play. **** calls happen to every team. I wish there were less of them, especially in the 4th quarter but the ref's enjoy having their faces on TV.

If it is outside the two minute warning, which it was, Philadelphia has to announce an injury timeout when a player is down which stops the game and does not cost them a timeout. When this happens, the player in question must stay out of the game for at least 1 play. HOWEVER, due to a close interception play, the referee booth automatically reviews all turnovers, giving the Eagles an opportunity to tend to Foles and not use an injury timeout, which doesn't invoke the 1 play rule.

So where did you get the info on Baker's ejection?

And, by rule, it was a legal hit. Foles was in the process of moving towards Breeland to make a tackle. If you don't want to get blocked, run off the field or stand in the place where you threw the ball. Foles was close enough to the play where his intent was to make the tackle. 

Okay. Thx to those who clarified.

I agree with Riggodrill44 show me the rule where a knee = 2 feet. I'm looking but haven't found anything yet.

The hit by Baker on Foles was a legal hit . If Foles or any qb doesn't want to get hit after they throw an interception then don't go running toward the defender who caught your ball. Run the other way or just stand exactly where you released the ball.

This right here, he didn't even hit him hard and he fell down like a little ****! 

It would be nice if the refs would not allow our qb to get lit up when the play was dead, but during live play, Foles is untouchable. Give me a break.

Exactly!

Why wasn't there a defenseless receiver penalty on Garcon? He didn't even have time to get both feet down and was going out of bounds when the Philly safety hit him high.

This is the second game the refs have had a big hand in an Eagles win. I hope Lurie is getting his money's worth.

The people in here who seriously didn't know that 1 knee = 2 feet need to be banned until they start watching NFL football.  It's been that way for what seems like FOREVER.  The rule has been quoted above.  Seriously guys?

Like I said, most people on this board only watch the Redskins play. They don't watch other NFL games. It's alarming the lack of football IQ our fans have. I used to think we had some of the smartest fans in the league, and I guess we still do, but too many football ignorant people.

Am I really seeing "fans" on here arguing that 1 knee doesn't equal 2 feet? This has been common NFL football knowledge for a long, long time. You're thinking of college football, it's always been 1 knee equals 2 feet in the NFL. In my opinion the Refs were not very good in this game, but it seems they are never really that good anymore. That being said the refs can't lose the game for teams except in very rare instances (Fail Mary). Our poor secondary and special teams lost us this game. Still shaking my head on why Forbath is still on this team.

Archived