Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Destiny Thread (PS4 and Xbox One)

Dont Taze Me Bro

Since a lot of us bought Destiny and keep posting about it in the Xbox One/PS4 thread, I thought we could filter out our questions, tips, suggestions, strategies, etc. here to keep that one less cluttered.  

So, lets go at it peeps.

I've gotten my Warlock to almost 15, I enjoy the play style.  For those that have played multiple classes, which one's do you think are the best so far in PvP?  I'm thinking of going Titan next.

Also, what weapons are you finding beast and which ones do you find ****.  Im all about the fully automatic rifles, hand cannons would be my next choice.  Sniper rifles are nice, but seem to reload too slow to my liking.  Love the heavy machine guns, hate not being able to stock pile heavy ammo, but since they are beast, it makes sense.  I can take one of those bad boys and rack up 3-5 kills in a row pretty easy.

Helluva game, no doubt!

My son bought Destiny Saturday night . I watched him play a little co-op and some of the multi player . I don't know. 6 vs 6 in multi player ? I just didn't see the fun in that. Maybe I'll give it a try at some point.

I thought the exact same thing mark.  I decided to pull the trigger once I read the all the multiplayer game mode descriptions.   The map sizes are just perfect for 6 on 6, its fast paced too.  I'd like to see larger maps with the expansion to say 10 vs 10 or 12 vs 12, most likely won't happen, but it would be cool.  Or at least expand the FFA from 6 to 12.

Honestly though, its challenging at lower levels.  The cool thing is you get a super charged melee move and it's almost a guaranteed one shot kill.  But it takes a decent amount of time to charge back up.  Since you already own it, I'd recommend making a character and going at it, you have nothing to lose.

I never thought this game was going to be great and hence decided against ever buying it. The negative reviews and extended gameplay videos are supporting my position.

See. I never thought I'd like it either but kept hearing about how good it was.  Said **** it, pulled the trigger and bought it.  For me, it was a pleasant surprise cause I actually liked the solo/story mode, which hasn't happened in years with games.  

My only gripe about PS4 games is when you do the story mode, you can't cancel the cut scenes, they force you to watch/listen to them.  I think that's ****ty.  But, this story mode has been good imo, but I'm a Sci-Fi geek and it's a sci-fi game so it makes sense.

I haven't played in a couple of days due to late hours at work and family. But I'm playing on the xbox one, level 21 Warlock. Taze, which sub-class do you like best, the VoidWalker or SunSinger? In building up the SunSinger that unlocks at level 15, I've noticed it's a class better suited for co-op play, where the VoidWalker seems to be better suited for solo and crucible play.

I also use almost exclusively auto rifles for my main weapon, and a sniper rifle as my secondary. I'll rotate use of either a machine gun or rocker launcher as my heavy weapon. I wonder if it's only possible to get legendary loot from a vendor or guild representative, and not potentially dropped by an enemy.

I barely have time to play, but xp is so slow for me. Holy cow.

I read the fastest way to get XP to level 20 is spam crucible bounties.  I've been doing that on my Warlock and got to level 15 (almost to 16 now) in no time at all.  A lot of them are easy like, complete 5 Control matches and it gives you 2500-5000 XP.  Some are like, kill 25 titans - 5000 XP, etc.  

Just stay away from Skirmish ones during the week since that game mode is evidently only available on weekends, which is stupid. 

I haven't played in a couple of days due to late hours at work and family. But I'm playing on the xbox one, level 21 Warlock. Taze, which sub-class do you like best, the VoidWalker or SunSinger? In building up the SunSinger that unlocks at level 15, I've noticed it's a class better suited for co-op play, where the VoidWalker seems to be better suited for solo and crucible play.

I also use almost exclusively auto rifles for my main weapon, and a sniper rifle as my secondary. I'll rotate use of either a machine gun or rocker launcher as my heavy weapon. I wonder if it's only possible to get legendary loot from a vendor or guild representative, and not potentially dropped by an enemy.

Voidwalker, I just unlocked SunSinger last night and wasn't that impressed with what I saw in the skill tree.  Since I'm primarily just PvP'ing, no way I'm giving up my huge nuke lol, I can time it right in some control games and take out 2-4 players at once with it.

I agree with you 100%, seems SunSinger would help out a co-op, I've read it sucks in Crucible.

Leveling is fast. Might even be a bit too fast. i've been playing at a very casual pace and am like level 11.

What weapons do you guys feel are the best? I'm playing a Titan, so I try to stay close range since our melee is so kickass, but I got a pretty awesome Sniper Rifle(99 damage)and have been using that and it's just so nice being able to pick guys off from far away. Also there are so many situations where you can't just run in close range and expect to live long unless you have your Super. My regular weapon slot I use Auto Rifle since it does the job at close/medium that the Sniper doesn't handle as well.

24 hunter bladesinger.

Weak in pvp, straight owning in campaign.

Coop loadout: scout rifle, sniper rifle, rocket

Pvp: pulse rifle, shotgun, rocket launcher

Hand cannons are amazing, but I haven't found one at the damage level I want.

Almost rep level 2 with vanguard so I'll start getting purples to replace my blues.

Amazing game. Hard as hell beyond 20, very skill and gear dependent. Also, get the companion app or jump on bungee.com and read the grimoires. Ton of content there that explain the game lore and make for some interesting reads. Mssanary on psn.

Leveling is fast. Might even be a bit too fast. i've been playing at a very casual pace and am like level 11.

What weapons do you guys feel are the best? I'm playing a Titan, so I try to stay close range since our melee is so kickass, but I got a pretty awesome Sniper Rifle(99 damage)and have been using that and it's just so nice being able to pick guys off from far away. Also there are so many situations where you can't just run in close range and expect to live long unless you have your Super. My regular weapon slot I use Auto Rifle since it does the job at close/medium that the Sniper doesn't handle as well.

Well, since I only PvP for the most part, when the heavy ammo drops, get it.  I can tear up people with the heavy machine guns.  Other than that, fully automatic rifles for me on primary, I suck with semi-autos and fusion rifles.  So Secondary is shotguns for me.

Sometimes if I screw up and get rid of my fully auto (like I did once), I'll go hand cannons.  

Oh ****!  Just created a Titan last night, got him to level 5 real fast, went to bed.  Just played my first Crucible TDM with him and went 13/14 K/D ratio with **** weapons.  Oh man, that Hulk Smash super charged move is ****ing awesome.

So I ran around a corner and there were 4 enemies there, I hit it and landed right in the middle of them and killed all four of them at once LOL.  Loving this class better than the Warlock.

Yeah the Titan Super is awesome. I really like the extra armor you get(I do believe Titans have more armor than the other two classes, with Hunters having more speed and Warlocks having more recovery)as it helps a lot while doing missions too since so many times you get flooded by those Hive who like to zerg rush you or when fighting off those waves and waves of attackers.

I can't wait to hit level 15 and try out the Defender subclass.

Nice, so is it like a PDW from Battlefield?

Similar but its listed as an auto rifle.  It will prob be awesome in PVP for close quarters but man does it suck at distance. Kind of reminds me of the FAMAS.

But was doing a few patrols this am before work and picked up a sweet sniper rifle. Does 150 damage as well as fire damage. Cant use it till i get to rank 15, which im pretty close.  

I'm still at level 21 because my friends don't play as much as I do, and they are too low a level to play the types of missions I need to do to get more Light Gear and get leveled higher. I'm just going to have to start waiting until the family is sleep and start playing after 10pm. The Vanguard missions and Missions of the Day/Week seem to be my best bet, but they are hard as hell to complete. 

I feel like Titan Striker is useless in these Strikes because you really can't go up close and personal against anything. You get instantly surrounded by 3+ minions and get wrecked. And bosses...yeah no chance. Just did Phogoth and it took forever but we finally got it down.

Thankfully I can swap to Defender at 15 and just play the role of defensive tank type. I tanked back in my WoW days too so I guess it only makes sense that I tank in Destiny "lol"

Archived