Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I've never been so sad after a blowout...

Renegade7

Are you uncomfortable giving RGIII Franchise QB money when his rookie contract is up???  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Are you uncomfortable giving RGIII Franchise QB money when his rookie contract is up (based on his injury history)???

Regardless of the severity of the injury, Cousins is likely going to get enough time as the starter now to show he either has what it takes or not.  However to me either scenario puts the franchise in a bit of a sticky situation

Scenario A) Cousins lights it up, earns the starting job in most people's eyes.  Then what do you do with Robert going forward?  You almost sort of have to get rid of him as quick as possible before the situation turns really messy.  You don't want controversy as much as possible.  At that point does the franchise even get any value for him?

Scenario B) Cousins gets progressively worse with each game and shows he isn't a franchise QB.  Now you have a career backup and a starter who is injury prone.  How in any way do you feel confident with just those two guys in the long term?  Neither guy is really going to be happy as a backup but how do you diffuse that situation and how soon do you draft a QB and what kind of QB can you get if say Cousins is good enough to make us a 7-9/8-8 kind of team all the time.

Now....please allow me to be bitter for a moment.

I totally accept that injuries are part of the game. I totally understand the ramifications of drafting a QB with the frame that Robert has, and the style he brought.  I accept everything that comes with that.  What kills me to the core, is that I am going to have to sit here and watch a guy like Colin Kaepernick for the next decade (and to lesser extent Rus Wilson) and have to be at peace with the fact that Robert never got that shot to lead an actual championship caliber team on the field.  Nope.  He was drafted onto a 5-11 team, and was largely the driving force in leading the team to it's first division title in over a decade. Then, the second he got injured and struggled returning from it, half this fanbase turned on him immediately.(Yes I know that is an oversimplification, but I'm ranting here) I resent the media for creating drama and making mountain out of mole hills when there is a lot more in this league that should have been covered ad naseum when it was busy bashing Robert for an endorsement deal.  I have to get over the fact that I see Kap doing the same things that Robert is continually bashed for, yet because his physical frame can endure the style, he is praised where Robert was bashed.  I.....alright forget the rest. I'm done.

Pretty dramatic I think. We weren't relying on RG3s speed this season anyways.

That dual threat QB died during the Seattle game and we've been searching for more of a Aaron Rodgers clone out of RG3.

He won't be as fast, but still fast enough to pick up first downs/ keep defenses off balance.

I think he will understand pocket passing better after this season even being on the bench. He won't be a finished product, but its only year 4.

Hell be fine. Ceiling is lowered, but he can be starting QB yet.

Griffin had what?  Oh, 2 starts under Gruden's system?

Cousins doesn't need to "settle into the starting role".  He is a third year quarterback, he either is an NFL caliber QB or he isn't.

He also had all first team Reps during the offseason and almost 30 starts compared to Cousin's 4.

He's proven he is NFL caliber, but there is still alot he needs to see live.

Now....please allow me to be bitter for a moment.

I agree. The situation just breaks my heart. He's been a fantastic person, leader and ambassador for the Skins. He "got it" from day 1 and acted accordingly including giving everything he had to

the team and the fans, many of who me seemed more concerned with raking him over the coals for hardly worthwhile reasons.

It's unfortunate and sad that he keeps getting detailed before he can even get going

I'm 100% behind Cousins and I think we can compete for the division if he can limit his INTs but that doesn't mean I am not upset about what happened today.

Truth on this thread. I was happy with the blowout but really couldn't enjoy it with what took place. My thing with RG III, and I've never had this feeling as long as I've been fan, is whenever he drops back to pass, and he gets touched, I always fear injury. Like on every play, I say is he going to get up? Where is he? Not a great feeling to have while watching a game 

I, for one, am sad for Robert.  As much as he is maligned in the press (and by dangatangs on message boards with stupid monikors like RGME, RGKnee, RG3-13....), he is a genuinely good person and really cares about this team. Plus, as a fellow Army brat, he gets a few bonus points from me.  That being said, you have to really question whether his body type is made for the NFL.  Call it bad luck or whatever, but the dude is a human rubber band out there.  He is essentially a QB in a linear sprinter's body; tough to survive in the league with that build.  Although I don't think the book is closed on him, I do feel we are getting to the final chapters in DC.  As Parcell's famously quipped, you "don't make the club from the tub". Sad indeed.....Rest up, heal up, and get better Robert......we need you.

Time to rally around Kirk who is another hard worker and good dude.  With the offensive weapons at our disposal, we should have some success.  I would love nothing more than putting those smug-arse Eagles in their place next week.

Regardless, when it come to Cousins, I assure you he has Robert's and my support.

There are some "fans" that are popping corks for this injury. Just remember, Karma's a ****. He was looking electrifying today, and I'm willing to bet some of you were smiling inside when that bomb was ruled incomplete, formulating excuses why the blown call was RG3's fault.

The guy gets hurt, probably because of FedEx Field's horrendous turf conditions and you guys are clamoring for the Skins to release him before we even know the extent of his injury. You guys are low-lives. For real.

Just stop. No one was celebrating RGIII going down.

His injury today had nothing to do with the field. In fact, that's about the best condition I've ever seen the field.

Some of you are truly unbelievable.

RG3 hasn't proved ANYTHING except that he is as brittle as Sam Bradford.  I was one of the people that said we needed to start Cousins at the beginning of the season.  I was one of the people that said that RG3 was injury prone and he doesn't have the NFL caliber potential that everyone thinks he has, but I got blasted left and right.

One other user here said "we need to cut our losses and move on", and I completely agree.

TRADE HIM NOW while he's still somewhat worth something before it's too late.  Sometimes you draft a bust and there's nothing you can do about it but move on.  I know you guys don't want to believe that and want to keep giving RG3 chances each year but we've given him chances and he can't stay healthy.

You cannot make a mobile QB into a strict pocket passer.  It will never happen.  Mobile QB's will always be mobile.  The problem is mobile QB's need to be smart when they run, and RG3 isn't smart...he doesn't slide properly and takes unnecessary risks.

I'm sure RG3 is a "good person", but good people don't win football games.

Sometimes you need to accept that you drafted a bust player.  You need to accept it.  Cut your losses and move on. 

TRADE HIM PLEASE.

Some of you are truly unbelievable.

RG3 hasn't proved ANYTHING except that he is as brittle as Sam Bradford.  I was one of the people that said we needed to start Cousins at the beginning of the season.  I was one of the people that said that RG3 was injury prone and he doesn't have the NFL caliber potential that everyone thinks he has, but I got blasted left and right.

One other user here said "we need to cut our losses and move on", and I completely agree.

TRADE HIM NOW while he's still somewhat worth something before it's too late.  Sometimes you draft a bust and there's nothing you can do about it but move on.  I know you guys don't want to believe that and want to keep giving RG3 chances each year but we've given him chances and he can't stay healthy.

You cannot make a mobile QB into a strict pocket passer.  It will never happen.  Mobile QB's will always be mobile.  The problem is mobile QB's need to be smart when they run, and RG3 isn't smart...he doesn't slide properly and takes unnecessary risks.

I'm sure RG3 is a "good person", but good people don't win football games.

Sometimes you need to accept that you drafted a bust player.  You need to accept it.  Cut your losses and move on. 

TRADE HIM PLEASE.

Wait, so RG3 who lead this team to a division title and ROY in 2012 has proven anything? But you want to trade him and let Cousins play, the guy with a 58% completion percentage and a 1:1 TD to INT ratio?

Just stop. No one was celebrating RGIII going down.

His injury today had nothing to do with the field. In fact, that's about the best condition I've ever seen the field.

Wow, I 100% agree with you. I keep seeing fans blaming the field. Nothing wrong with the field. No holes, no divots popping up and all the players said it was great.

Idiot fans who keep bringing up the Seattle playoff game need to get out of 2012. The field was even fine last year.

Anyone see the "dirt track" that was Mile High yesterday? They have Desso. How in the hell is it worn after 2 exhibitions and 2 regular season games?

Wait, so RG3 who lead this team to a division title and ROY in 2012 has proven anything? But you want to trade him and let Cousins play, the guy with a 58% completion percentage and a 1:1 TD to INT ratio?

What can you do for me TODAY?  Not 2 years ago.

Yes his rookie year was great, and I'm not saying he's a bad QB.  He's just injury prone and as brittle as Sam Bradford.  In fact he's worse than Bradford in some cases.  Atleast Bradford has a horrible O-line to the point of where 300lb defensive lineman are sitting on his head. 

RG3 gets injured when he runs around with the ball.  He can't slide properly, takes too many unnecessary risks, and just isn't a good fit for the offense that Gruden is trying to mold.  Gruden wants a pocket passer, not a mobile QB that is having a hard time being ...well....MOBILE!  It'd be one thing if RG3 was sitting in the pocket and getting destroyed because that's not his game.  His game is SUPPOSED to be mobile, but....he's not. 

I just think in the Redskins offense, Cousins is a better fit.

So yes I think we should trade RG3 while we can.   And to answer your question, no I don't believe RG3 has proven anything.  Sorry, there are alot of rookies that do well in their rookie season but fail thereafter.

Yes his rookie year was great, and I'm not saying he's a bad QB.  He's just injury prone and as brittle as Sam Bradford.  In fact he's worse than Bradford in some cases.  Atleast Bradford has a horrible O-line to the point of where 300lb defensive lineman are sitting on his head. 

RG3 gets injured when he runs around with the ball.  He can't slide properly, takes too many unnecessary risks, and just isn't a good fit for the offense that Gruden is trying to mold.  Gruden wants a pocket passer, not a mobile QB that is having a hard time being ...well....MOBILE!  It'd be one thing if RG3 was sitting in the pocket and getting destroyed because that's not his game.  His game is SUPPOSED to be mobile, but....he's not. 

So yes I think we should trade RG3 while we can.   And to answer your question, no I don't believe RG3 has proven anything.  Sorry, there are alot of rookies that do well in their rookie season but fail to prove anything.

What happens if Cousins stink up the joint? back to the draft?

Love the guy's fight, skill set and who he is on and off the field. Military parents and discipline and a smart guy that finished HS and College early. Being that smart guy, If I were RG III, I would not resign with this team, wouldn't think twice. I would call McNabb and tell him (my bad, should have listened). This fan base and media will always call for the other guy and always doubt him, It will never end. This is not a city or fan base that is patient, I guess that is a by product of losing for over a decade. It Doesn't understand that the guy needs to grow and make mistakes to learn from them, even his fluke injuries. 

What RG should do is not sign an extension next year and enter 2016 as a free agent. He then should let it be known that he wants to return to his home state of Texas and play for the Cowboys. It would be a perfect fit for him, a local fan base that would support him because he is a hometown guy, plus he would not be expected to be the savoir, Romo would probably be on his way out and it will line up nicely for him to sit and be next man up.

So yes I think we should trade RG3 while we can.   And to answer your question, no I don't believe RG3 has proven anything.  Sorry, there are alot of rookies that do well in their rookie season but fail thereafter.

How do you know Cousins is a better fit? He's played 1 game and he's suddenly a great fit? Griffin played a little over 4 quarters in Gruden's offense and had completed 78% of his throws. But he's not a good fit?

Where did Gruden say Cousins is a better fit?

How do you know Cousins is a better fit? He's played 1 game and he's suddenly a great fit? Griffin played a little over 4 quarters in Gruden's offense and had completed 78% of his throws. But he's not a good fit?

Where did Gruden say Cousins is a better fit?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395153/article/kirk-cousins-better-fit-for-grudens-offense-than-rgiii

Where? "Very well suited for the offense" doesn't mean, he's a better fit. What did you expect Gruden to say? "Well Cousins is trash so we have to rewrite the whole playbook now." It's all speculation at this point. Is Cousins better suited? I honestly don't know. Does Gruden believe he's better suited for the offense than RG3? Again, I don't know that either.

Where? "Very well suited for the offense" doesn't mean, he's a better fit. What did you expect Gruden to say? "Well Cousins is trash so we have to rewrite the whole playbook now." It's all speculation at this point. Is Cousins better suited? I honestly don't know. Does Gruden believe he's better suited for the offense than RG3? Again, I don't know that either.

He obviously can't come out and say those words but he's currently a better fit than RG3.

I know you love RG3, but he's just not good for this offense.  But if you want to wait on RG3, let him come back next year and get hurt yet again before you MIGHT realize that he's a bust...go right ahead.

Me?  I'm done with RG3.  Cut the losses and move on.

Archived