Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Watching Games at Redskin Park (Ashburn)

TD_washingtonredskins

I had an idea today and wondered if it's something the team should/would/could consider doing for the 16 games each season. 

It's not an uncommon opinion that many VA Redskin fans don't like the commute and atmosphere at Skins games. However, many people love an outdoor day drinking opportunity and the tailgating experience. 

Is there a practical or legal reason why the Redskins couldn't set up a huge screen to air NFL football (obviously including the Redskins games) each Sunday and open up areas at Redskin Park for tailgating and watching? It would provide the essentials (the game) in addition to a cool and social atmosphere. In addition, when local fans are ready to go home they will be much closer. 

If the games didn't sell out, I could see this being a conflict of interest during home games. But, that not being an issue...what am I missing? It seems like a great opportunity to provide fans a place to gather, eat, drink, and cheer together. 

Personally, it should probably be free of charge and first-come-first-serve...but I'm sure there are ways you could even generate some revenue with modest prices for parking and concessions. 

Thoughts?

People could park in that make-shift lot by the bubble.  That area just needs a good mowing and it's ready.  Throw in a few porta-potties and you got yourself a tailgating area.  The problem is if a lot of people started attending there wouldn't be enough room and the construction nearby will make things even worse ( in terms of getting in and out). Still a very cool idea.  Or just go to the Ashburn Pub or some other bar nearby.

They make inflatable drive in movie projection screens.  Quick to set up, fairly inexpensive  I could certainly dig a festival type atmosphere with some vendors and a couple screens set up.  And they could set up a couple of pop up boxing dummies to complete the experience.

It just seems like an opportunity for the team to sponsor these events and give fans another option to watch the games. They could do it in Richmond at the training camp facility as well.

If anyone here knows Bruce or Dan, I'll gladly take a job with the team, listen to their budget constraints, and make it happen.

You realize that nearly everyone that works at the Park is actually at FedEx on Game Day right. Security is still there but that's about it.

I assumed that, but I'm not really sure why it's relevant. I wouldn't expect Snyder or Wylie to come out and chat, simply provide a place for fans to gather and watch the team and tailgate.

I assumed that, but I'm not really sure why it's relevant. I wouldn't expect Snyder or Wylie to come out and chat, simply provide a place for fans to gather and watch the team and tailgate.

Well ya know, it is a business office which is why it could be relevant.

What about liability, especially if people are drinking??....not to mention, what if some breaks in to the park and swipes the Lombardi trophies or other stuff?   Don't laugh as they closed the $10 parking lot at the Library of Congress lot near FedEx because somebody broke in during a Skins game and stole something...the team had been organizing Redskins Rallies to watch games at various places.....

http://www.redskinsrally.com/

Archived