Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ES Game Day Coverage & Game Day Thread - Redskins at Texans: Houston, We've Got Problems - UPDATED - Pics

TK

Must say I'm a little surprised by Moss being inactive - not really in the sense of whether or not it makes sense, just seems strange after all the years knowing he's healthy but won't see any snaps. But it definitely makes sense when you look at the list - not too many other guys on the roster that don't at least contribute from scrimmage and special teams so Moss is a pretty obvious choice. Still seems weird though.

It will have come down to who plays on special teams for the last couple of spots on the active roster as much as what they might contribute on offense/defense.

I predicted months ago that if Moss made the 53 he would be inactive most weeks unless we had injuries simply because he is not in the top 3 of the depth chart and does not play on teams.

Thanks TK for the early game day thread.

I am not surprised to see Moss inactive.  Congrats to Ryan Grant for a great camp, he earned it. Perhaps we could say the same about Aldrick who appears to have made strides as well.

I hope if Rak is not 100% / effective that we give Murphy get looks. Lets see why we drafted him. We played Kerrigan with a knee the back half of last year and he did little to warrant not being sat for a few series per games. 

RHs keys to the game, get pressure on Fitz, and keep pressure of RG3.

It will have come down to who plays on special teams for the last couple of spots on the active roster as much as what they might contribute on offense/defense.

I predicted months ago that if Moss made the 53 he would be inactive most weeks unless we had injuries simply because he is not in the top 3 of the depth chart and does not play on teams.

Yeah, I mean that's exactly what I said. All the guys on the bottom of the roster will see a few snaps from scrimmage but also play special teams. Moss' only contribution on special teams is as a backup punt returner. At this point Aldrick is much more capable after the catch and plays some special teams and Grant is a route runner like Moss but taller and certainly has the look of a major part of our receiving corps in the future. Like I said, it makes complete sense for Moss to be inactive, sentimentally speaking it is just strange to see him restricted to the sideline after all he's done here. 

Ryan Grant is like a second TE as far as security blanket for Griffin.  Always open early and goes and gets the ball.

I think Grant has out played Moss to this point as a WR, and that's not because Moss hasn't been good - he has.  Grant has been better, and plays Teams.

Like I said, it makes complete sense for Moss to be inactive, sentimentally speaking it is just strange to see him restricted to the sideline after all he's done here.

I feel the same way, it's a kind of sad way for him to spend what's likely his last year here.

Yep. suprised about Moss as well.  Especially since Robert is used to Moss, and the timing and trust with him is there. 

Other day NFL radio previewed the game....thought that our Oline would have fits against their Dline, especially Polumbus vs Watt

Ryan Grant is like a second TE as far as security blanket for Griffin.  Always open early and goes and gets the ball.

I think Grant has out played Moss to this point as a WR, and that's not because Moss hasn't been good - he has.  Grant has been better, and plays Teams.

Major difference between half baked exhibitions and regular season action. 

Not expecting to see Grant get much game time early but if he does I hope he's all everyone seems to think he is. 

Hail. 

yup. Plus I would hate to see him on the Browns roster

Playing a hunch, I think Andre Roberts is going to prove to be RG3s go to guy on 3rd downs. By play design or otherwise, I think Roberts is going to turn some heads.

Barring a ton of 4 and 5 wide (fingers crossed) I am not sure Grant gets more than a handful of snaps today. 

Just saw a stat on ESPN, RG3 has the highest yards / carry of any player with 200+ carries. 6.3

Archived