Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fansomnia 9.0

No_Pressure

The older I get the more I'm tired, and the more sleeping sucks.  I wake up at 6 cause my back hurts.  Total crap.

Anyway, Skins win today and look dominant.  All parts of the team come together and look great.  Griffin throws for around 300 and 3 TDs, Morris and Helu combine for another 160 and 2 TDs.  Forbath gets to sit on the sidelines as we drive in for TDs instead of settling for FGs.

Dallas loses to the Titans, the Giants lose to Arizona, and the Eagles lose to the Colts.  

We're tied for first place with the Eagles.

The older I get the more I'm tired, and the more sleeping sucks. I wake up at 6 cause my back hurts. Total crap.

Anyway, Skins win today and look dominant. All parts of the team come together and look great. Griffin throws for around 300 and 3 TDs, Morris and Helu combine for another 160 and 2 TDs. Forbath gets to sit on the sidelines as we drive in for TDs instead of settling for FGs.

Dallas loses to the Titans, the Giants lose to Arizona, and the Eagles lose to the Colts.

We're tied for first place with the Eagles.

And next week DJac sets a single game record for yards and TDs as Skins beat the Eagles for sole possession of first.

One can dream, right?

And next week DJac sets a single game record for yards and TDs as Skins beat the Eagles for sole possession of first.

One can dream, right?

lol, I was really close actually.

Anyway, Skins win today and look dominant. All parts of the team come together and look great. Griffin throws for around 300 and 3 TDs, Morris and Helu combine for another 160 and 2 TDs. Forbath gets to sit on the sidelines as we drive in for TDs instead of settling for FGs.

Kirk and Griffin combined for 285 yards passing and Kirk had 2 TDs.  Morris, Helu, and Redd combined for 151 yards and 3 TDs.  I just needed to switch the TDs.  And every part of the team did come together and dominate, though Kai had 2 FGs.  Oh well.

But, I look forward to next week when Jackson breaks some records.   :lol:

Let's recap my day.  Woke up after hitting snooze like five times.  I've been on painkilers and muscle relaxers for over a week (bad back spasms) and helped (in the loosest sense of the word since I cannot lift anything more than a chair and that I shouldn't have done) my woman move into her new place.  Wasn't a bad evening, not productive, now I"m here, my pain is in my pelvis and I've been sick to my stomach for an hour now.

I'd go to sleep if I could trust I won't be awake again because of my issues.

Let's recap my day.  Woke up after hitting snooze like five times.  I've been on painkilers and muscle relaxers for over a week (bad back spasms) and helped (in the loosest sense of the word since I cannot lift anything more than a chair and that I shouldn't have done) my woman move into her new place.  Wasn't a bad evening, not productive, now I"m here, my pain is in my pelvis and I've been sick to my stomach for an hour now.

I'd go to sleep if I could trust I won't be awake again because of my issues.

So, that's like a 6?

Well, leftover chinese food, 40 Year Old Virgin on cable and 12 hours till game time.....

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Such a quotable movie...

EDIT: The menagerie of horrors you must endure for that to be a 6.  (Though not having to actually kill myself lifting very heavy objects does bump me up a bit)

That actually sounds pretty awesome. Such a quotable movie...

EDIT: The menagerie of horrors you must endure for that to be a 6.  (Though not having to actually kill myself lifting very heavy objects does bump me up a bit)

Just there being a girl involved bumps it up to 6.

I've been fighting this damned plantar fasciitis and then yesterday tweaked my back again, so I feel ya there.

from 40 YOV- "I just watched Liar Liar and the message was don't lie..."

Just there being a girl involved bumps it up to 6.

I've been fighting this damned plantar fasciitis and then yesterday tweaked my back again, so I feel ya there.

from 40 YOV- "I just watched Liar Liar and the message was don't lie..."

"of course, I finished! And then I stole the dog..."

"no __ is worth thinking that much about...I always say."

"this (butt) is going out tonight, to a club...maybe even a nightclub"

I have had a foot problem for like two years.  I had plantar fasciitis for like four years, from working in retail (hard flat floors.) What was the cure?  Driving more and not being on my feet as much and becoming a little fatter than I used to be in the process.  Now after my foot issue (same foot) I have what I feel like is an incipient p.f. in my left foot (compensation.) Back spasms are probably from my gait being thrown off for two years.  

But I gotta say, overall, I think I'm good.  I don't have a family history of any particular disease except being a smart-ass and I guess Type II Diabetes.

Nibbs... You sound old as ****, man

Yeah, just wait until your body starts breaking down, young buck, though I got that first bout of the plantar's bounty in my 20s.  But it's not like I didn't keep playing basketball, lifting, etc..  Up until the back, I'd say I generally look a lot younger than my age and in relatively good shape. I think you and the crew said I looked like Coach Spo) 

If anything grad school progressively eats away at your energy and time until you really only want to drink with friends, drink to get inspiration on a paper or project, drink alone or with your woman, smoke a cigar, read about football and indulge basically every other intellectual interest aside from your studies...so somewhere in there physical activity takes a nosedive.

Checkin in, since I'm up.  I'm always up.

In the morning, I gotta do all of the prep work for the Gametime meal.  I'm doing kabobs this week.  beef kabobs, chicken kabobs, & turkey citrus kabobs.  I'm not looking forward to the prep work, but there's nothing like firing up the grill on Gameday!

My old man has been in ICU for about a week.  After the doctors (for at least the tenth time in the last five years) told us to get our affairs in order, he has proven them wrong once again.

I know someday will come when he loses his battle with paralysis, but today is not that day.

Tomorrow, I will be in his room watching us kick the **** out of Philthy.  He is excited about the game and I am happy to be able to share another one with him.

Sorry to get all serious on one of my favorite threads.  I'm just a happy man at the moment. :)

My old man has been in ICU for about a week.  After the doctors (for at least the tenth time in the last five years) told us to get our affairs in order, he has proven them wrong once again.

I know someday will come when he loses his battle with paralysis, but today is not that day.

Tomorrow, I will be in his room watching us kick the **** out of Philthy.  He is excited about the game and I am happy to be able to share another one with him.

Sorry to get all serious on one of my favorite threads.  I'm just a happy man at the moment. :)

Happy serious is welcome anytime.

I admire your positive attitude, be there for your father. 

The part I bolded reminds me of Aragorn at the Black Gate: "but it is not this day."

Archived