Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TK's Sportsbar: The official '14 season Twitter thread, whatnot free, Almond Milk included, Fat Tire Sponsored

SWFLSkins

CB Tracy Porter said his hamstring is improving. Was able to run a little today. No timeframe on his return, tho.

Doctor's looking at X-Rays of Tracy Porter's hamstring like. . . .

BwyQ7wOIEAAriT6.jpg

Should have recorded a #Redskins anthem this year purely based on the fact that @MrDCsportsSr is considering playing Gucci Man Rg3 song.

.@KeithHodges311 Gruden told us they have voted for captains but not tabulated yet. Might not find out until they go out for the coin toss.

Since the last couple of days of practice, QB and TEs last on the field. Working on some things for Sunday (2-TEsets?)

Questionable injury designation covers much ground. Rak ?able but seems likely to play. Porter, A. Jordan also ?able but unlikely to play.

Redskins spotlight: Logan Paulsen: ASHBURN, Va. -- Little stuff bugs tight end Logan Paulsen, like t... http://es.pn/WlTC8e  #Redskins

That's a great article by the way

After the 2013 draft, Paulsen phoned fellow tight end Niles Paul with a worried tone in his voice. The Redskins had drafted tight end Jordan Reed in the third round. Paul told him, "Dude, relax, they just signed you to a three-year deal. They like you." 

But it’s that mindset that Paulsen doesn’t want to lose. So he studies a lot of film during the week: at least 90 minutes on Wednesday, about that much on Thursday and another hour on Fridays. He will stay after practice most days, as he did Thursday, to work on routes. During tight end drills this summer, Paulsen always went first and his blocking -- from his hand placement to his footwork -- served as the blueprint for others. 

"He does such a great job preparing himself almost like a coach would," McVay said. "He knows what defensive looks he’ll get going into the game. He owns the game plan and he’s a great leader for that room." 

Gruden on #Redskins safeties: "We’re going to start with Rambo, go from there. We’re still in the process of evaluating Duke."

Redskins @ Texans: Under the Radar Player - Brian Cushing http://sbnation.com/e/5874788 

Zac Boyer ‏@ZacBoyer  11m

#Redskins linebacker Brian Orakpo questionable to play in homecoming Sunday against Houston because of ankle injury: http://wtim.es/1lM9i0Z 

More from that article....Paulsen will be in the spotlight Sunday, having a key role in helping to block Houston end J.J. Watt on occasion or rookie linebacker Jadeveon Clowney other times. Paulsen said he is adapting to doing more drop-back protection, something they did not always do under previous offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan. 

"That’s something that I let fall by the wayside and needed to get remedied quickly," Paulsen said. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-redskins/post/_/id/10616/redskins-spotlight-logan-paulsen?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

REDSKIN FANS -- Team Send off at Redskins Park - Show your support to the Rookies & New Coach 11:45am Sat 21300 Redskin Park Dr Ashburn

whaaaaaaaaaaa.......

Very curious to see how many snaps Haslett gets outta Jason Hatcher. Obviously, dude is a beast, but long layoff showed against Baltimore.

more whaaaaaaaa........and no more.

Key to secondary? Whether Ryan Clark shoulda started his full-time gig at ESPN this season rather than next.

@JReidPost Could you be any more negative JR?

The #Redskins announced Tracy Porter and Akeem Jordan are out on Sunday.

Retweeted by Chris Russell

Jay Gruden on Jason Hatcher's availability on Sunday "if he is breathing, he is playing"

Gotta say that Amerson showed a whole lot against Ravens. Length help on pass breakup in corner of end zone and showed great awareness in

Reading screen and making a nice play. Looks like they could really have something there.

Could be some productive young players on this defense for a minute.

Jay Gruden on Jason Hatcher's availability on Sunday "if he is breathing, he is playing"

Gotta give @MikeJonesWaPo for credit on Robinson. Been telling me for a bit that young fella has skills.

Friday Injury report:

Bwyl3QzIcAAbWyA.jpg

nice whatnot....Shane Peacher ‏@PeachOmania  6m

@SonofWashington I have all 3 pic.twitter.com/O8TgekdmzN

BwylLXuIgAI5H0g.jpg

WASHINGTON REDSKINS @ HOUSTON TEXANS (-3): So I really want to pick the 'Skins. Like real bad. But it seems like a bad spot for Washington. The Houston d-line could cause big trouble for RG3 and the Redskins struggle to score inside the red zone. The Redskins defense looked much improved in preseason, but will that hold up when teams start game planning specifically to beat them? Hope I'm wrong here. Pick: Houston -3

I picked every NFL game against the spread. Read and tell me how dumb I am: http://bit.ly/1lMcIAM 

There's something about being too conscious of criticism. Yes, I want RGIII to slide and get out of bounds, but "no" I don't want that being drummed into his head to the degree that he feels compelled to put in a disclaimer any time he talks about running. It could haunt his play. Have we gone overboard?

Unquestionably.

We went overboard when the ship was hakway across the Atlantic and it's pulling into NYC now

Archived