Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

(Opinion Based On Post Game vs. Ravens) Is Robert Being Accountable?

HogSeason

Let's hope he proves everyone on here wrong

i admit that RG3 didnt leave me with much to be excited for after the game. but I do think he will get it together by the regular season. I would be pretty surprised if we have a losing record with all the speed/playmakers we have on offense. might take a few weeks, but i think RG3 will turn some heads (in a good way).

Mike jones of the wash post wrote a good article about RG3's struggles. They are mental not physical. How long will it take for him to gain confidence, understand the concepts of QB? We might have to suffer through quite a bit of a learning curve and the losses and frustration that goes with it. Especially if he continues to think it's not his fault and doesn't accept blame.

Not bashing you directly, but people need to understand how things work around here.  You have to go with the flow of people's opinions as they not only vary, but are rash, spontaneous and at times not well thought out.  Also, sometimes you don't want to read to much into what someone is saying as they are not trying to say any type of underlying meaning.

Think before you type is clearly not followed.  And, I will add, it is definately calmer than it used to be, especially in the Around the NFL section.  The old game day threads were classic examples of wild west posting.

Forgot the guy's name who led the troops... there was a picture of him circulating on ES about him having a rare skin condition.

Umm, if we are talking about the post game press conference then the OP has left out one of RGIII's first comments. Paraphrasing, but he admitted he struggled; and as he struggles, so goes the offense.

Probably didn't help the OP's agenda to mention that part, I guess.

When you get past the actual text written on the average Bazooka Joe comic, you recognize the nuance and underlying meaning that comes with each and every word.

for example
Bazooka-comics-08.jpg

Here we see Mort trying to dance with his girl. 

She tells him he could be a good dancer, except for two things, which she then claims are his feet.

On the surface, it would seem that Midge is making a pun that Mort's two feet are what prevents him from being a good dancer because of hs inherent clumsiness, as shown in the final panel with the highlight lines showing his feet stepping on her feet.

But if you look closer, you'll see that the piano player is no one other than Hungry Herman, a character who's only comic quality is that he is fat and eats a lot.

And once you recognize what Hungry Herman represents, then the ultimate hidden meaning of the comic becomes clear.

RG3 sucks.

He (as portrayed by Mort with his trademark upturned turtleneck symbolizing RG3s need to shut hs yap and play football) can't stop stepping on Midge's feet, which represent the hopes and dreams of redskins fans everywhere.

the fact that it is Hungry Herman that is chosen to play the piano is a dead giveaway, because,, and here's the part most fans miss...

HUNGRY HERMAN CAN'T PLAY THE PIANO. He plays the french horn.

But him playing piano clearly signifies that RG3 sucks, and he will never be a pocket passer.

Hungry Herman is Kirk Cousins, forced to play the piano while RG3 dances badly with Midge.

to close out, once Midge (fans) points out that Mort (RG3) can't dance, he TAKES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR HIS BAD DANCING,, which allows us to wonder if it is in fact Hungry Herman's piano playing that causes the problem. Mort can't dance so long as he hears that piano over his shoulder. 

and that is just not leadership by any stretch of the imagination. This is proven by the inclusion of the pear-pin as a prize that can be had for only 625 comics, knowing full well that no one will ever send in 625 comics to claim the pin, which has the final message of saying that the Super Bowl is unattainable so long as Mort is dancing.

AND the fortune :You will never run out of money" is clearly an allusion to the fact that RG3 has sold us all down the river so he could have a shoe deal and a logo.

Got that? It could NOT be more clear.

~Bang

Mike jones of the wash post wrote a good article about RG3's struggles. They are mental not physical. How long will it take for him to gain confidence, understand the concepts of QB? We might have to suffer through quite a bit of a learning curve and the losses and frustration that goes with it. Especially if he continues to think it's not his fault and doesn't accept blame.

I don't understand why he's so afraid to let the ball go??

He's worried about looking bad and throwing interceptions, but doesn't he realize he looks bad holding the ball and waiting too long while wr's are running around wide open?

It's important to read between the lines even when the most routine, ambiguous responses are given.

No. No, it is not. It is NOT important to read between the lines. In fact, it is the exact opposite of important. It is the recipe for lazy, scurrilous speculation, and a shortcut for making **** up that fits a pre-conceived, media-driven agenda. My suggestion is to stop reading between the lines, because it makes you sound illiterate.

When you get past the actual text written on the average Bazooka Joe comic, you recognize the nuance and underlying meaning that comes with each and every word.

for example

Bazooka-comics-08.jpg

Here we see Mort trying to dance with his girl. Got that? It could NOT be more clear.

[...etc...]

~Bang

Post of the season!

And how does that make you feel?

And honorable mention!

Thanks for the laughs, fellas.

for example

Got that? It could NOT be more clear.

~Bang

Note also how the last word of the second line - Dancer - is split.  "You could be a good Dan," obviously is referring to Dan Snyder and his meddlesome ways in propping up RG3.

I don't understand why he's so afraid to let the ball go??

He's worried about looking bad and throwing interceptions, but doesn't he realize he looks bad holding the ball and waiting too long while wr's are running around wide open?

Separation anxiety?

Sounded like Generic football responses to me, I thought he kept it short and drama free for once. Maybe it's just me though.

That is exactly it. He kept it short. The man wants to be great, and he is getting a ton of negativity. You can tell he feels it when he has taken to twitter to say he is going to show his haters (though I thought that was a bad move since the very next game, you played your worst football, ever). 

I think he needs to get back to enjoying the game, and with that will come winning. Just my 2 cents.

I think the Moss statement last season speaks volumes.  Griffin's "leadership" style is contrary to what I think a leader should be doing ... but that's just my opinion.  I think leaders should deflect accolades and give the credit to their teammates even when those accolades clearly belong to them ... and accept all of the blame when its their fault and also when the blame clearly belongs to their teammates.  The only place it matters though is in the locker room.  I think there may be an issue given Moss' call-out last season.  In any case I'm sure it will surface if there is a problem ... hopefully there isn't or it's fixed or being fixed.

That said ... Midge is a babe

It's easy to take these comments in a vacuum and pretend there is nothing there. But his comments have bothered the locker room before and I don't like the trend. You're the Franchise player, you get the cheers, you take the responsibility as well.

When RG3 ran for 76 yds, no body was chanting "TRENT" for the first block, no one was chanting "MORGAN" for the block that sealed the run, it was "RG3". That's how it works.

Archived