Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Washington Redskins Morning Clips: 8/10

Jay's usually doesn't hold back from the press so a couple of things that were interesting quotes:

On if there is concern safety Ryan Clark’s hamstring may take longer than a couple days:
"No. Well, I don't know – it’s a hamstring [laughter]. Those things are… anybody who's pulled a hamstring, you never know, but Ryan has the treatment that he needs. He's getting all the work done that he has to get done and he'll be ready I think sooner than later but you just never know with those things...

On the signing of safety Da’Mon Cromartie-Smith:
"He's a big, good-sized kid. Ran around good at the workout, so we thought it was important to give him an opportunity. He fits in there. We had to let go of Peyton Thompson today, but you know we needed a little bit of safety help with Ryan Clark’s injury, so we'll give him a shot...

Yeah, I wouldn't call that a note of enthusiasm. Especially compared to the following.

On cornerback Tracy Porter:
“We know Tracy has got great ball skills. He’s got great speed. His cover ability is well-known. And he had the shoulder surgery. We kept him out of the game just to make sure his shoulder is 100 percent. We’ll probably keep him out one more week and maybe see if he’s ready to tackle Week 3. But he’s healthy. He’s ready to go...

On if he has an update on Stephen Bowen and Leonard Hankerson:
“I really don’t. That’s something Larry [Hess] will have to talk to you about, but they are working their tail off and you can see progress. Every day I see Leonard out there working hard, running routes, with Larry on the side doing everything he can in his power to get ready. Whether it’s going to be for the season opener, whether it’s later, we don’t know yet. Same with Bowen...

Anyone who's surprised hasn't been paying attention. 

This came out a little later:
Redskins veteran DeAngelo Hall was carted off the field during Sunday’s practice after suffering an injury to his back.

The words, "carted off the field" - a little concerning even though it was probably precautionary.

Archived