Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zach Hocker Impresses In Preseason Debut

Kai on the other hand; sure played rattled. A kickoff out of bounds at the 7? Missing a 47 yard FG to the left or right is one thing. Missing to the right and putting it under the crossbar is ugly.

Zach did what he was called on to do - make FGs and kickoff to the end zone. Threw in a tackle, too.

Obviously the new staff is giving more latitude than the last one would. MS would have had Forbath empty his locker last nite.

Kai on the other hand; sure played rattled. A kickoff out of bounds at the 7? Missing a 47 yard FG to the left or right is one thing. Missing to the right and putting it under the crossbar is ugly.

Zach did what he was called on to do - make FGs and kickoff to the end zone. Threw in a tackle, too.

Obviously the new staff is giving more latitude than the last one would. MS would have had Forbath empty his locker last nite.

Kid actually looked good with that leg tackle and if he didn't tackle then that returner was most likely going to score. I've seen alot of kickers/punters who didn't want contact or get their uniform dirty.

I like the longer extra point also. Do you think it might lessen the chance of an injury on the play? I think it might.

Was watching one of the games last night (forget which) and thinking dude you better kick this or you're going to get a...then there goes the flag for a delay of game. Could be a lot of reasons why they didn't set up in time but made it more interesting. Anyone know if the plan is to incorporate it this season if it goes over well or wait till next?

Archived