Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I want to sue the republican party for willful denial of scientific evidence about climate change.


Recommended Posts

The Red states were the focus of Democrats' retraining programs. But people don't want to be retrained, so they will lose out.  They would rather believe a huckster promising to bring back jobs long gone than face up to reality that they need to find another way to make a living.

 

And if they are living off of unemployment and/or welfare, they are buying into socialism.

 

I'd rather pay for retraining programs than an expanded war in the ME.

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AsburySkinsFan said:

Oh you can certainly ask, just don't act like you're genuinely interested in the answer when you will only believe data that affirms your prejudice and you'll reject data that weakens your argument.

It's dishonest at best.

 

You are really over analyzing...calm down

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, twa said:

 

all that rain helps :)

 

wind 16.3%

solar 17.2%

 

Absolutely, weather conditions are a key factor in the success of renewable energy sources. A lot of work has to be made to improve their capacity of production and we must also build less energy consuming products.

Global e-Sustainability Initiative said that servers are responsible for 2% of the world wide CO² pollution, as much as air traffic.

Inside Facebook's Swedish datacentre – a visual tour

How viral cat videos are warming the planet

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oceanside communities are going to get hit with this relocation problem. Rich people won't have as much a problem. As always, the service class, which are usually paid lower, but have to live near the areas they service, will be hardest hit because they can't take the hit if they are property owners or just the cost of moving.

 

And we aren't prepared because climate change is a hoax, according to the president and his denier minions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Oceanside communities are going to get hit with this relocation problem. Rich people won't have as much a problem.

 

They certainly won't if we continue to subsidize them moving, and building in flood zones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, twa said:

 

all that rain helps :)

 

wind 16.3%

solar 17.2%

 

 

I bet every single time someone talks about the Powerball lottery being over $300 million dollars you grumble about the taxes that would be owed. I want to slap those people. Grumbling about paying taxes on $300,000,000 from a $2 bet. When it comes to renewables you are ALWAYS looking the gift horse in the mouth. The day Henry Ford rolled his Model T off the assembly line you'd have been grumbling that it wouldn't go as fast as a Bugatti Veyron. I'm nearly certain you have a clinical condition that would result in a massive cardiac event if you were to ever say something positive about renewable energy. When it comes to this topic you are a professional crumudgeon. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

ASF, I could have pointed out Texas beat that record w/o the environmentally destructive use of dams instead.

 

Odd they list 25% or so imported electricity

 

anyhoo, I guess the added hydro generation from that global warming rain is best left unmentioned. :ols:

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, twa said:

anyhoo, I guess the added hydro generation from that global warming rain is best left unmentioned. :ols:

 

 

 

Well if Trump gets his way then global warming will continue and next year Cali will produce even more electricity from hydro. Maybe West Texas might start getting some rain so they can actually have rivers to generate hydro from.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, twa said:

ASF, I could have pointed out Texas beat that record w/o the environmentally destructive use of dams instead.

 

Odd they list 25% or so imported electricity

 

anyhoo, I guess the added hydro generation from that global warming rain is best left unmentioned. :ols:

 

Is rain up in Cali due to global warming?   I was pretty sure that precipitation was flat in globally and that was expected by the climate models.

 

And I now at least one study that predicted more drought in Cali (that looked an awful lot like the last drought that they had).

 

Or are you just making things up?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PeterMP said:

 

 

Or are you just making things up?

 

with the AGW studies I can find every scenario....Hot,Wet,Cold,Dry

global warming should cause  more precipitation according to basic science RIGHT?

 

I'm certainly not making up all the rain increasing the hydro share.

 

Of course all the renewables records including Texas's should come with asterisks.:)

 

add

see?

https://psmag.com/news/global-warming-means-california-will-see-a-lot-more-pineapple-express-storms

 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/dec/15/climate-change-rainfall

Edited by twa
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, FrFan said:

80% of California peaked at 67%, which means for one very sunny, very windy second, roughly 1/2 of California's energy was from renewable (with a few caveats thrown in).  A normal day is in the 20-25% range, a bad day is less than 10%.  Meaning California relies on 90% imported and fossil fuels.  We have a long way to go, even in the best of circumstances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, twa said:

 

with the AGW studies I can find every scenario....Hot,Wet,Cold,Dry

global warming should cause  more precipitation according to basic science RIGHT?

 

I'm certainly not making up all the rain increasing the hydro share.

 

Of course all the renewables records including Texas's should come with asterisks.:)

 

add

see?

https://psmag.com/news/global-warming-means-california-will-see-a-lot-more-pineapple-express-storms

 

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2011/dec/15/climate-change-rainfall

 

More storms != more rain

 

My understanding is that the total precipitation change is up in the air.  There will be more moisture in the air so that it does rain more will come down.  You'll get more storms (like Pineapple express storms), but that isn't necessarily over all more precipitation (and as stated in your 2nd link, then with more storms you can get the same amount of precipitation or even more, but with longer dry periods (i.e. droughts)).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...