Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Taulia is off to a great start, but to say he’s playing better than anyone? Leading Heisman candidate?

Just for perspective: Kenny Pickett, Pitt QB, in four games has thrown for 1342 yards, 74+% completion rate, 15 TDs, 1 INT, and has rushed for 2 TDs. 

Almost identical comp % and yards total, but Pickett has 7 more total touchdowns

Iowa will be a big test.  Maryland hasn't faced a defense as good as Iowa yet.  WVU's defense is middle of the pack for Power 5 and Illinois's defense is the bottom quartile of P5 defenses.   Kent St.'s defense will probably be middle of the pack for Group of 5 and Howard was completely overmatched.  Iowa has a good defense and a middle of the pack offense.  Should be a good game.

On 9/26/2021 at 9:55 PM, Barry.Randolphe said:

I think Iowa's OL will manhandle the defense and the game won't be too close, sadly.....but I'll be happy to be proven wrong

That is the question. Can Terps defense stop the Iowa run game, and force them to beat them in the air?

Rutgers figured it out against Michigan at halftime, and should have won that game. D is gonna to need a solid game plan for this one.

Oh, and anything tagged “barstool” can suck Joe Rogan’s Covid laden ass.

Edited by Long n Left

Parking passes on the secondary market are more expensive than most tickets because they’re sold out and not opening all of them for football. 

I can see why some schools were against the Fri Night Lights series - imagine trying to get an additional 100K people on Michigan’s campus on a weekday. Sheesh. 

On 9/26/2021 at 8:32 PM, abdcskins said:

I remember looking at the Heisman odds before the season started and Taulia was really high, I want to say +10,000.  I considered putting something on him but decided not to.  Bad choice.

Nah.  Heismans don't come from programs like Maryland.  He could be the best QB in the country but if they play in a minor bowl, a realistic expectation, he won't be in the conversation IMO.