Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread


Recommended Posts

I don't like the way the Terps are playing right now, but when you have a player like Trimble who can light it up, anything is possible.  I think Jackson is the X-factor.  He has the ability to score but disappears too much.  If Dodd stays out of trouble and defends/rebounds then I like our chances a lot against Xavier.  Need to hit our 3s....

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't want to understate this....  It's BULL**** that the Lady Terps got a three seed in UConn's bracket after only losing two damn games and winning the Big Ten.

Duke the #2 seed didn't even WIN the ACC...   So what if the games are in College Park for the first bracket...   Someone needs to explain this rationally, as this screams favoritism, by making your toughest competitor  UMD go through Duke AND play in Connecticut!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, worldpost said:

I don't want to understate this....  It's BULL**** that the Lady Terps got a three seed in UConn's bracket after only losing two damn games and winning the Big Ten.

Duke the #2 seed didn't even WIN the ACC...   So what if the games are in College Park for the first bracket...   Someone needs to explain this rationally, as this screams favoritism, by making your toughest competitor  UMD go through Duke AND play in Connecticut!!

Rationally the road to the championship goes through UConn, so you play them eventually. IMO, UConn is the one who got screwed.  The overall #1 is in the same bracket as the teams who easily could be overall #3 and #5.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimmySmith said:

Rationally the road to the championship goes through UConn, so you play them eventually. IMO, UConn is the one who got screwed.  The overall #1 is in the same bracket as the teams who easily could be overall #3 and #5.  

Seedings are supposed to be a reward for the regular season...  Saying Maryland is only the 9-12 best team in the country is laughable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree with you all. Committee saying their schedule wasn't that tough...**** right off! Probably gave UConn toughest game of season (along with the early FSU scare) as the Lady Terps fell behind big early, then, essentially, outplayed them the rest of the way.

 

To get uber-penalized for losing one more home game to a top 15 OSU squad just reeks of someone on the committee throwing their anti-Terp weight around.

 

I still believe that the Lady Terps are the only team in the nation that has the horses to beat UConn, so, F it ladies, go beat that ass! Taking Duke down along the way will just be gravy!

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Redskin4ever said:

I don't like this start. 6 possessions and they haven't run a set yet. It's just stand around and let the clock run. I just hate that the frustrating part of watching them came right out of the gate.

Been saying it for a few years now,Turgeon is a very good recruiter, very mediocre offensive coach.

Not getting a lot of help from the zebras either

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Long n Left said:

Been saying it for a few years now,Turgeon is a very good recruiter, very mediocre offensive coach.

Not getting a lot of help from the zebras either

 

Yeah, I think most everyone that posts here agrees with that. I think most of us also agree they should run more. If you are just going to roll the ball out and say play basketball, why not run and not let the defense get set. That's what UNC does. Of course, MD doesn't have the athletic bigs like they have, but they can still take advantage of the defense in transition. 

 

Anyway, this game is eerily similar to the Northwestern game in thr B1G tournament. I hope that if MD comes out on a run, they don't let off the pressure and start standing around. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Fight4RGIII said:

Trimble never really progressed from his Freshman year 

 

Actually, I think he has gotten worse. He can't even make free throws now, when he was 86% as a freshman. It really is strange because he doesn't look like the same player he did 2 years ago. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Team plays no defense.  We have zero presence down low.  Team relies too much on outside shooting.  The fact that we rely on Bender to contribute mightily off the bench says a lot.  He's mediocre at best.  Micah Thomas didn't play this year, I hope he has something to offer next year.

 

Trimble would be a fool to leave for the NBA draft.  I just saw an article speculating that which I find absurd.  Only thing we can hope for is that the freshmen learned a lot from this year and Cekovsky comes back healthy and ready to dominate.  I don't know what Wiley and Nickens are doing during practice but they have done diddly squat since arriving at Maryland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...