Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

We do indeed. He kept his elbows tight. It was just an unfortunate moment in the game. Melo was smiling on the sidelines a minute later and then came back into the game.

look again...

9D8BF4E8B11191615936944312320_3d7bf7ec549.1.5.7835709589912971929.mp4

Here it is from Vine. Take a look. He spins in to Trimble and leans in and follows through. If there wasn't intent, why did he make the play? He completely blindsided him. It wasn't a moving screen in the sense that he moved his leg of shuffled his fet. It was a moving screen in the sense that he completely ran into Trimble and followed through. It wasn't that his feet weren't set, it was that he blindsided him with heavy contact.

Do you understand what a land grant university means? Or did they not teach you that at that fancy blue crab eating school? ;)

Thayvsaid, congrats on that degree. Mu undergrad and Masters from WVU has served me well.

I'm sure it has! And I really didn't mean to be such a jackass.  Just a passionate MD fan pissed about the game.  you've got a master's which is more than I can say for myself.  congrats on the win, and good luck this week. 

I see the shoulder to the face. That was a big hit. That'd be a flag on Brandon Meriweather. It was a bang bang play though. They missed the call and decided not to call a flagrant. It definitely should have been a foul though.

that's what's crazy. It would have been a penalty in football for an illegal blind side hit. Yet in a big time basketball game, it's nothing. And as the announcers said, the refs were looking right at the play. It drives me nuts at some of the illegal screens that are called, when a guy isn't set but has almost no affect on the play. Here we have a screen that in no way is legal, the guy is not only moving, but runs into Trimble like he's blocking him in football, only does it in a blinsided way. It has a major affect on that play and ultimately the game, and nothing is called.

Wiley was a little disappointing. I know he flashed somewhere this year. Can't remember when though.

He showed some skills shooting the ball from long range (he and Nickens are similar in that regard).  But he didn't show any ball handling skills nor any type of real driving game.  He didn't get tons of playing time though.  With Wells gone that will be different next year.  I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and say he was just a freshman learning the college game.

I'm sure it has! And I really didn't mean to be such a jackass. Just a passionate MD fan pissed about the game. you've got a master's which is more than I can say for myself. congrats on the win, and good luck this week.

No worries man. Heat of battle right? :)

As I said, you guys have a hell of a player in Melo and the European kid looks like he could be a force next year. You guys should def be dancing again next year.

We'll see if WVU can replace Staten and Browne. But having Devin Williams helps.

Edited by The Evil Genius

Just last week Sheehan and Lovero were entertaining conversation about Dez Wells and whether UMD would retire his jersey. I knew then that it was ridiculous to even talk about. They were convinced that if he led us thru Kentucky that it was a real possibility. He did just the opposite and handed the ball back to WVU countless times. I appreciate his efforts late in the season but all time great terp he is certainly not.

I don't have the MD final loss hangover today.  Mainly because the future is incredibly bright. How often does a team get bad games from it's 3 top starters and only lose by 10 in a round of 32 game.  Trimble stays, Terps add another point guard, Dodd develops, Cekovsky develops.  This is a team that could go far next year and overachieved this year. 

Click to view the tweets

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Huggins-Daughters-Spew-Tasteless-Insults-at-Dez-Wells-36352794

Huggins' Daughters Spew Tasteless Insults at Dez Wells

Following West Virginia’s win over Maryland, Jenna Huggins, the daughter of Mountaineers coach Bob Huggins and an assistant to the team, took to twitter to personally attack Maryland senior Dez Wells, who was already in tears after playing in his final college basketball game.

Her attacks were focused on sexual assault accusations Wells was faced with, and expelled for, in 2012 while at Xavier -- charges that ended up being dropped and an expulsion that won Wells a settlement against the school last year.

Jenna Huggins made her twitter profile private shortly after she tweeted the tasteless remarks, but you can view a screenshot of her tweets below.

UPDATE: Huggins' other daughter, Jacqueline, also made inappropriate comments towards Wells.

She's an assistant for daddy at WVU right? Way to rep your employer. I hope she gets **** canned for that crap. 

At first I thought she was just a 20-something college student being an ass but come to find out that Huggins' daughters are in their 30s.

30+ year old women talking smack to a college student.

• Like 1

whatever you want to say, this team fought til the end, just like every game this year. It was an unexpectedly great year for an overachieving team. I'm sorry to see Dez go out with a real dud of a game, and yes, please come back Melo. 

I wonder if it meant too much to him and he just got too tight.  This was his only chance to dance.

Edited by Burgold

Ya know, what really bothers me is the assertion that WVU just plays tough, physical ball.

BS.

For all intents and purposes they play a form of football.

They're are plenty of teams who just play tough, physical ball. WVU (IMO) is not one of them.

They hold,hand check, move on screens etc etc.

But credit to them for finding what works for them. If the refs won't call it well......

I think what REALLY irritates me is the fact that if it was an actual basketball game relying on skill/talent, Maryland pretty much wins every match up on the floor other than maybe the center position.

• Like 1

MD doesn't have the back court that WVU has. Sorry, but Pack is nothing special.

WVU is obviously more talented sans Trimble than UMD. They have 3 guys back there that can handle the rock.

That said, I agree with the rest of your post man.

Hate losing to teams that I know they should beat.

Pretty disappointed in some of guys who didn't really show up in the tourney. Layman needs to get tougher. Add a lot of muscle in the offseason, get better at clutch FTs and defense. He could be a force if he added 20-30 lbs of muscle.

Melo left it all out there. It is his team with Dez being done.

Without knowing what the team will look like, or the rest of the conference. I want that B1G title and I want an elite 8 next year.

I'm not mad a wvu. They out worked us, imo. I've never seen a team shut down an offense like that, I mean, literally unable to move the ball past center court.

I'm more mad at turg for not adjusting, or not slowing them down by calling a time out. And I'm surprised I'm not hearing others say the same.

• Like 2