Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Trimble got hurt on his own essentially on the play that put him out. Don't know how you would call that a cheap shot.

that screen was clean for you? he may have finally went out on that play, but that screen caused his injury. 

Trimble got hurt on his own essentially on the play that put him out. Don't know how you would call that a cheap shot.

Melo was hurt long before that knee. West Virginia went in with a mindset of beating him up and the refs let it happen. Pretty pathetic when these guys are supposed to protect these kids from **** like that happening.

Melo was hurt long before that knee. West Virginia went in with a mindset of beating him up and the refs let it happen. Pretty pathetic when these guys are supposed to protect these kids from **** like that happening.

The moving screen that wasn't called was absolutely horrible officiating.

• Like 1

whatever you want to say, this team fought til the end, just like every game this year. It was an unexpectedly great year for an overachieving team. I'm sorry to see Dez go out with a real dud of a game, and yes, please come back Melo. 

that screen was clean for you? he may have finally went out on that play, but that screen caused his injury. 

Screen wasn't intentionally dirty, but again that was not the play that put him out. Lay on the court and let me kick you in the back of the head. Come on man.

What ? Get out of here with that conspiracy crap. If you have to beat the refs too...so be it.

Gah !!!

What a horrible way to end a season..  1-2  Losing to Mich State and WVU..  

I could go on and on, but I'll step back and say 

We'll miss you Dez and we hope Mello comes back.. Layman would be a fool to go anywhere after the second half of this year.

Edited by worldpost

Screen wasn't intentionally dirty, but again that was not the play that put him out. Lay on the court and let me kick you in the back of the head. Come on man.

You are entitled to your opinion, but you can really believe that that screen didn't rattle his skull? You don't really believe that he would have went out of the game after that second shot if the first one didn't happen? That first shot set everything in motion...

Edited by jobaga

Screen wasn't intentionally dirty, but again that was not the play that put him out. Lay on the court and let me kick you in the back of the head. Come on man.

What ? Get out of here with that conspiracy crap. If you have to beat the refs too...so be it.

What conspiracy crap? The **** happened right in front of you lol. You really think they didn't see it?

You are entitled to your opinion, but you can rally believe that that screen didn't rattle his skull? You don't really believe that he would have went out of the game after that second shot if the first one didn't happen? That first shot set everything in motion...

Trimble's head hit the other kid on the shoulder, it wasn't a head butt or a bounce off the floor.

What conspiracy crap? The **** happened right in front of you lol. You really think they didn't see it?

Don't blame the refs. UMD got plenty of calls. They even looked to see if the moving screen was a flagrant.

I would be shocked if Trimble left. I haven't seen any mock draft where he is listed as being drafted in either round. Now, that's just a mock draft, but I think it shows he's not a consensus top pick. If you are not a consensus top pick, you shouldn't leave after your Freshman year. Guys that should leave after one year are guys like Okafor, Winslow, Towns, Cauley-Stein, and Russell. I think this was Trimble's year to get on the radar. Next year will be the year he makes his name and becomes a first round pick.

I don't see Melo leaving either. I do see some mocks have Dez in the second now, which is different from the middle of the season. Next year, this is gonna be a completely different team. Wiley was a little disappointing. I know he flashed somewhere this year. Can't remember when though.

No followthrough for you? No late movement with an elbow to the head? I guess we just see things differently...

We do indeed. He kept his elbows tight. It was just an unfortunate moment in the game. Melo was smiling on the sidelines a minute later and then came back into the game.

9D8BF4E8B11191615936944312320_3d7bf7ec549.1.5.7835709589912971929.mp4

Here it is from Vine. Take a look. He spins in to Trimble and leans in and follows through. If there wasn't intent, why did he make the play? He completely blindsided him. It wasn't a moving screen in the sense that he moved his leg of shuffled his fet. It was a moving screen in the sense that he completely ran into Trimble and followed through. It wasn't that his feet weren't set, it was that he blindsided him with heavy contact.

Edited by jobaga

I've been more in to the tournament this year than the past several years, thanks to the Terps. Good effort, WV seemed a step ahead most of the time. Taking a bit more care of the ball and having our star healthy coulda done it for us. Anyway, it's gotten me back in to college basketball. Big 10, eh?

I've been more in to the tournament this year than the past several years, thanks to the Terps. Good effort, WV seemed a step ahead most of the time. Taking a bit more care of the ball and having our star healthy coulda done it for us. Anyway, it's gotten me back in to college basketball. Big 10, eh?

I hated that we moved to the Big Ten, but I've learned to appreciate what will be a great move for the basketball team.  The football team however, unless something dramatic happens, will be a perennial bottom half team..

You sure about that?

Yes I was wrong.. it's felt like it was that long.. 12+ years now.