Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

I feel like this basketball team has 12/5 upset written all over them

I think it's hat depends on the matchup. I think MD is a team big schools don't want to face and small schools do want to face. Their talent is enough to hang with most teams in the country. However, they also can go cold and lose to a mid major or really any other team. Matchups will dictate that, not the number of the seed.

If you're referring to the chant, that was wrong and horribly misplaced considering.  If you're talking about basketball, I have no idea what Penn State fans you're talking to.  Penn State basketball fans know the team sucks. 

I was referring to the chant, obviously.  I have yet to meet a Penn State basketball fan, much less one who thinks the team is particularly good.

Maryland, defensive coordinator Brian Stewart have agreed to part ways. ILB Coach Keith Dudzinski will take over as defensive coordinator.

Is this the same Brian Stewart who was at the helm of Maryland's defense during the second half of that Rutgers game?

Not to be ungrateful, but smell ya later.

• Like 1

I was referring to the chant, obviously.  I have yet to meet a Penn State basketball fan, much less one who thinks the team is particularly good.

You would be shocked how much people can talk themselves into something.  I mean, I'm a fan of the team, and Chambers has recruited better than Ed DeChellis ever did, but they're still a doormat.  I have no illusions of competence.  Of course, as I said, it's sort of akin to many of us on this board thinking next year will be it for the Skins if things just break right.

Of course these idiots have to play yet another close game at home to an inferior opponent. Sigh. What I wouldn't give to watch one damn blowout at home.

Another heart attack game. Terps are going to kill me.

Pjfootballer cause of death: Terp-itis.

Edited by pjfootballer

Jeez. We literally don't know how to defend the three. Unbelievable.

They pulled this one out, but you are correct about defending the three. Especially early in the game. They let these guys who can't shoot take wide open shots like it's practice. They make one, then get the confidence to shoot again. They make another, and then they feel like they can just start firing away. If they get out and play good defense early in the game, maybe they can keep some of these guys from having career nights against them. Shooting is so much about confidence. If you can get a guy doubting his shot, then he will take less shots and make less shots. This is especially true for 3's.

They've been poor guarding the three all year. So you are saying out of the two, they chose to guard the paint? How about guarding both? They try to double guys too much and their rotations are horrible, hence why we leave a man open at the three or we get beat back door (happened a few times tonight).

Former #Terps WR Deon Long tells media @ NFL combine he has met with Ravens. Says he has not yet met with Redskins, but "they're on my list"

Former #Terps WR Stefon Diggs says at NFL combine he met with both Ravens and Redskins and believes he will meet with them again today.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

Something tells me Long ends up with the Ravens. Isaiah Williams, Laquan Williams, Matt Furstenburg, and of course Torrey Smith. Those are the recent WR and TE to end up with the Ravens. Obviously Smith was drafted, but the others were all free agents. I see Long either being taken late in the draft or being signed as a free agent by the Ravens.

As for Diggs, he could end up anywhere. I expect he will be drafted in the mid rounds, and at that point, teams are just looking for athletes. I'd love for him to play in DC, but if he can't, I hope he goes to an AFC team other than the Ravens with a great QB that can get him the ball.

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.scout.com/story/1519053-simms-lands-terps-offer-declares-leader

SIMMS LANDS TERPS OFFER, DECLARES LEADER

The Terps’ receiver offer binge continued Feb. 19, and this time Maryland extended a verbal to a local product. After handing out close to double-digit scholarships to various wideouts from FloridaTexas, Pennsylvania and New Jersey the day before, head coach Randy Edsall and Co. extended one to nearby pass-catcher Marcus Simms(Sherwood/Sandy Spring, Md.) while on a visit to College Park, Md. 

“I’m really, really excited right now,” said the 6-foot-2, 180-pound Simms, who also holds offers from PittsburghWest VirginiaToledo and Eastern Michigan. “Coach Edsall, we had a long conversation just talking about the program, the character of the athletes they want there and things like that. Then he said he wanted to offer me a full scholarship, because I’m everything he wanted in a student-athlete. I was so appreciative, so excited.” 

To the point where Simms considered committing on the spot. 

“Honestly, I was thinking about committing,” said Simms, who was accompanied by his parents. “I mean, hands down, Maryland is my top school, and I was thinking about just committing. But I am going to wait a little bit just to think things over. 

“But, you know, Maryland is the tops. My mom and dad were with me, and they loved the school too. They’re really impressed with what’s going on there.” 

Also, watch these highlights.  :)

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

The bigger problem is there are no good defenders on this team. If there are any good defenders, they are normally too lazy to actually do it. I don't know if I just noticed it tonight, or if he was just bad tonight, but Melo plays very little defense.

These guys on our team are all great off the ball defenders.  

• Like 1

Wisconsin is being allowed to ABSOLUTELY mug Terms on the defensive end, and have 0 team fouls through 5 min. Wells got hammered. Trimble got hammered by Kaminski. Meanwhile the Terms have 4 team fouls in first 5 min.

Yeah, they have that "good defensive team" reputation going that is allowing them to get away with more than their opponents. MD has to overcome that. Keep driving and stop just throwing it around the perimeter for 30 seconds.