Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Well, that was fun! 

Talent on on this team starting to realize their potential under a real coaching staff. If this defense can grow together and tighten up, they have a legit shot at a bowl game. Also, how many area recruits are watching this and thinking, “I want to be a part of that!”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Really impressed by Jackson. That first half was damn near perfection. He reads the defense well and throws the ball with conviction and zip. McFarland and Leake form a powerful combination. So much speed. Recorded the game and stopped watching at the start of the 4th, but I see we added a couple more TDs while shutting down Syracuse. Nice. Syracuse's defense looked horrible.

• Like 1

Still starry-eyed on Monday from that big win. The talent that many pundits said this team possessed seems to be bearing fruit, and just think, they’ve done this without, probably, their best WR, who will hopefully be back fully fit next season.

The one group I really want to applaud is the offensive line. There had been highly rated guys in there the past few years, but this year’s line looks strong, smart, and cohesive as a unit. Provided they stay mostly healthy, that line will put pressure on opposing defenses to stop a potent run game. They can line up athlete for athlete any B1G defensive line, save for maybe OSU and MSU, and that’s probably close as well.

The other thing I like is hearing Jackson’s humble confidence in his guys. They’re expecting to be good. Jackson isn’t the most accurate thrower, but he never seems to get rattled, has a very calm demeanor. That kind of leadership will filter through the squad.

Love hearing Locks be critical in his assessment as well. Things could not have started better for them, but he is committed to keeping them on the track to being an even better team.

Finally feels like this program has leadership, vision, and direction. Thanks Mike Locksley, long may it continue!

I haven’t been this pumped for Terp football since the salad days of Fridge!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

I didn't expect to see the Terps in the top 25 all season.  Very pleasant surprise.  Worried tomorrow's game at Temple might be a trap game, hopefully they don't take it lightly.

I think people are reading too much into the result of last year when the Terps were down 3 OL and had that run first and second offense. Probably more importantly, I think the mindset of this team is so different than last year. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

I think people are reading too much into the result of last year when the Terps were down 3 OL and had that run first and second offense. Probably more importantly, I think the mindset of this team is so different than last year. 

I hope you’re right. Temple has been a thorn in the side of the Terps for too long. Last year’s game was an embarrassment, regardless of who was playing. There is a sizable talent gap between these teams, and the Terps need to realize it. Play hard, play your game, and this should be decided by the fourth quarter. 

Im not expecting another 60+, but a good 38-17 pasting will feel good going into next Friday.

5 minutes ago, @SkinsGoldPants said:

A gritty win would be excellent as long as it comes with no injuries and the starters are needed to play most if not the entire game. They need to be ready for the conference schedule.

We have not seen how this team handles adversity just yet. I'd love to be a fistfight game in which MD pulls away for sure. 

Going 2-2 against the big four is a dream, but they still have to take care of Temple, Nebraska, Minnesota, Indiana, etc to really have a truly successful season. And most of those won't be like the Cuse game. 

I'll be honest, every year I hear about how much better Maryland football is going to be.  I'm afraid the first two wins gave people false hope.  I do think that Locksley is the difference, he appears to have brought in the right guys (Josh Jackson specifically) and has them playing inspired.  I liked what I saw against Syracuse.  I just think this team might come back down to earth this weekend.  I'm predicting a loss at Temple, even if they are a 7 point favorite.

• Sad 2