Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

There is no downside to Cowan declaring. It will let him see what he needs to do. Unless he has a huge year this year, I don’t see him even getting drafted next year.

Fernando on the other hand, I still expect him to stay in the draft. Although it seems like his stock has fallen some. I think that’s more about the other guys who have declared than it is Fernando. But it seems in mock drafts yes fallen a bit. That all could change after the combine though. 

• Thanks 1

So was that a reach?  Most pundits seem to think so, but I didn't watch any MD Football unless they were playing Penn State.

Also, I swear I read a Haskins quote about having a chance to do things right in DC, because he had played high school ball here but "lost his chance" to play at Maryland.  That may not be the exact wording, but he made it sound anything like it was him who de-committed.

Edit* It is in the ESPN article about how the "League done messed up."  Towards the bottom, there's a quote from him which says "Just to think I started here in high school and I didn't have a chance to go to Maryland.  Now I'm about to come back to the are and we're going to do it right this time."

Emphasis mine.  That isn't exactly the way I remember things happening.

Edited by Forehead

5 minutes ago, Forehead said:

So was that a reach?  Most pundits seem to think so, but I didn't watch any MD Football unless they were playing Penn State.

Also, I swear I read a Haskins quote about having a chance to do things right in DC, because he had played high school ball here but "lost his chance" to play at Maryland.  That may not be the exact wording, but he made it sound anything like it was him who de-committed.

Savage a reach? Heck no.

He's a legit 4.3 safety who plays like it on the field. Future Pro Bowler.

And as for Haskins' comments, who knows?

Truthfully, I don't believe that OSU flip was completely up to him if you know what I mean.

• 2 weeks later...