Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

By the way, as badly as Cowan played, he hit one of the biggest shots of the game. 1-10 from beyond the arc, but the one he hit tied the game with about three minutes left.

Best game from Jalen Smith in a while. He and Fernando stepped up that second half. Grabbed many rebounds and scored down low.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

They earned the win. No luck involved.

Maybe but, if the score had been three points different, Belmont would have earned the win. 

Only watched the score and listened/read some of the complaining, but it was a tooth and nail game that could have gone either way. 

5 minutes ago, Burgold said:

Maybe but, if the score had been three points different, Belmont would have earned the win. 

Only watched the score and listened/read some of the complaining, but it was a tooth and nail game that could have gone either way. 

I'm just saying there weren't any "lucky" plays such as a weird bounces or heave shots. None that I can recall. If anything that kid Windler hit some lucky shots. And he gets credit. Maryland played tough defense the second half and made some big plays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good perseverance by the Terps. On my way home from work, I heard the post game on Westwood One and they talked about how this was the best game of the day. It’s good to be on the right side of that game.

With about 4 minutes left, my friend who is not a MD fan and didn’t watch them that much this year, asked why they aren’t throwing the ball inside every possession. I told him he’s asking the same thing every MD fan says every game. Even his 13 yr old son was saying the same thing. Everyone in America knows it except for one guy.  Belmont could not handle the size, athleticism, and strength of Fernando and Smith. They should have had touches on every possession and worked inside out. They should have run plays for them. But it was the same old pick and roll or throw it sort of down low and everyone stand around for most of the game. Don’t get me wrong, I am glad they won. As much and I don’t like Turgeon and thinks he’s not the right guy, I still get excited watching and rooting for MD. It’s just so frustrating watching them in many possessions. 

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, abdcskins said:

^ That was huge. Props to Morsell for the hustle play.

Terps open as 2.5 point underdogs to LSU.

Going to be an interesting match up. LSU and Maryland have very similar make up. Tigers have two huge inside guys that their team revolves around, a small, quick PG, and athletic wings. Where the Terps have some advantage is that LSU is not particularly deep, six, seven guys get the bulk of their minutes. If the Terps can get their two bigs in foul trouble, they can press that advantage.

Cowan is the guy that must step up now though. He is the veteran of the team, and needs to set the tone, and he needs to do so on the defensive end. His defense yesterday for the first 20-30 minutes was atrocious. He was sloughing off, losing his man, not fighting over screens, and getting beat off the dribble way too easily. That opened things up for Windler, as guys were having to provide too much help for Cowan when he got beat. He stepped it up down the stretch, but he has to have that intensity tomorrow from first horn.

Cowan has had only one good game in his last five. During this tournament time, teams need their leaders to take charge, and set the tone. This team will only succeed if Cowan plays solid ball. If he has another clunker, like yesterday, or against Penn St or Michigan, I don’t think they’ll survive against the better teams they’ll be playing from here on out.