Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

Yeah, watching this game was pretty frustrating but at least we got the W. I don't know if it was game planning or what but other than at RB it sure looks like we don't have a whole lot to work with talent-wise. I'm thinking dude's going to need a couple of solid recruiting classes before we have much of a chance.

Really hoping that Pigrome gets a decent amount of snaps this week. Nice that Hills hasn't turned the ball over yet, but how long will that last?

Pigs needs to get some experience in B1G games, because I believe that he's the future, this year, and beyond. It's easy to see he's the far more dynamic player, and Terps are gonna need him to take on the better conference teams. 

• Like 2

Click to read the rest

http://maryland.247sports.com/Article/Brown-Joins-Marylands-Loaded-Backfield-vs-Purdue-47801687

Brown Joins Maryland's Loaded Backfield vs Purdue

Maryland hasn’t missed senior running back Wes Brown through the season’s first three games. In his absence, the Terps have relied on a running back by committee approach -- featuring a three-headed attack of Ty Johnson, Trey Edmunds andLorenzo Harrison, rushing for 800 yards and 11 touchdowns on 139 carries.

But Brown, who just completed his three game suspension retroactive to a violation of the school’s student-athlete code of conduct last year, will return on Saturday in time for Maryland’s conference-opener against Purdue and is expected to contribute immediately.

“Wes returning adds another weapon for us in the backfield. Wes is definitely a guy we’re counting on,” DJ Durkin said last week, reiterating that he's among the team's leaders. “He’ll definitely be in the mix with those guys.”

Brown, the only returning running back to get more than 35 carries on last year’s team, appeared to be the Terps’ best running back during fall camp and has continued to practice with the team while suspended. Johnson was named the starter ahead of Maryland’s season-opener but he’s since split carries with Edmunds and Harrison, who has gone from not being listed on the Terps’ first depth chart to leading or tying the rest of the backfield in carries in each of the first three games. All three rushers were listed as co-starters when the Terps last played as offensive coordinator Walt Bell’s fast-paced, run-oriented offense requires a steady dose of at least three running backs, usually even more, in any given contest.

Edited by BRAVEONAWARPATH

I'm really starting to get a chuckle out of these two deeps. Is there anyone who doesn't think that Harrison is their best back? Having Edmunds as a pass catching threat, and Goins as short yardage mauler is nice, but I believe Brown and Harrison get the bulk of the carries from here on out.

Edited by Long n Left
  • Like 1

I know many folks here are watching football and keeping track of basketball signings, but the UM Terps Men's Soccer team has climbed up to #1 in the country:

http://www.ncaa.com/rankings/soccer-men/d1

RANK SCHOOL TOTAL POINTS W-L-T PREV.
1 Maryland (22) 597 6-0-2 1
2 Notre Dame (2) 573 7-1-0 3
3 Syracuse 518 8-1-0 2
4 North Carolina 514 7-1-0 9
5 Clemson 483 5-1-1 7
6 Indiana 468 5-0-4 4
7 Butler 449 7-0-1 10
8 Denver 430 8-0-2 8
9 Louisville 418 7-1-1 13
10 Creighton 357 5-1-2 12
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, btfoom said:

I know many folks here are watching football and keeping track of basketball signings, but the UM Terps Men's Soccer team has climbed up to #1

5-1-2 12

I did notice that. Man has Sasha built a dynasty there. 

Wonder if USMNT would consider him if and when Klinsman leaves.