Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official Maryland Terrapins Thread

BRAVEONAWARPATH

First of all, North Carolina is a great team, and if they made the Final 4 I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Maryland played badly tonight.  Can't come out flat like that in any game ever, much less against UNC on the road.  Turnovers were pathetic.  Players need to learn how to handle pressure, Trimble included.  And if I'm the coaches I'm preaching defense in practice this week.

This game was lost early with all the turnovers. Plain and simple, you can't give up that many possessions that turn into easy baskets and expect to win. As much as Maryland fought back to tie it and even take the lead, they dug too big of a hole.

I'm still not impressed with Turgeon's coaching. The team barely runs plays. It's just a high ball screen hoping for the dribbler to beat his man and either get to the rim or find and open man. Run some set plays. Get guys open. You could probably count on one hand the number of times they ran a set play tonight. Additionally, NC was 2-9 on free throws in the last minute. Instead of MD taking 2, they tried to take a 3 and missed everyone of them. If MD scores a 2 pointer on 4 of those 5 possessions after the missed free throws, they make up 6 points and it's one possession game. Again, that points to coaching.

Finally, Jake Layman is going to make a heck of a European basketball player. That guy can only play against weaker competition. He's perfect for Europe.

Edited by Redskin4ever
  • Like 1

Kind of saw this one coming. We have only played one good game from start to finish (Rhode Island) all season. Well, the good news is, the Big 10 is a lot weaker this year. The bad news is, we aren't going to a final four.

well that's a silly prediction at this point.  The NCAA tourney is a long ways away and a lot depends on where you end up by the selection committee.  But I agree the team has a lot of maturing to do.