Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's over... no more VOR

Burgold

Not sure if I should post it here, but heck, you guys have been with me since me very first radio piece went on the air 8 years ago.  The bureau that I worked for was shut down today.  Kind of saw it coming, but am still shell shocked/relieved/confused/happy/angry.  To be honest, I'm more concerned for some of my co-workers, especially the ones with family and little savings.  I'm fine for now and all of the weight and scary ethical pressures that I was fending off (mostly successfully)  Knew things were bad when I was told the Prism was going to be put on haitus.  Didn't expect the entire bureau to be laid off today.

Shock and awe.

But probably a really good thing eventually

Don't like burning bridges, but I'm happy to explain via PM :evil:

It wasn't probably as nefarious as you think it was more about the oppressive shadow to come than those who were already afflicting us.  I figured that was part of my job to steer the ship into as journalistically pure waters as possible despite the headwinds of bureaucratic blowhards.

VoR provided me with one of the most challenging, most rewarding and most memorable experiences of my life. Though things weren't always great between me and your former employer, I am grateful for the things I did receive from them.

Best of luck to you, Andrew. You know how to contact me if you want to talk/vent.

Archived