Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

TIME: Scientists Say Smelling Farts Might Prevent Cancer

HogNose

:unsure:

It has been a weird week in health news. First doctors said that Justin Bieber might save young boys’ lives(the “hip” bowl cut is actually a form of sun protection — skin cancer be gone!), and now scientists out of the University of Exeter are implying that smelling farts could actually prevent cancer, among other diseases.

“Although hydrogen sulfide gas”—produced when bacteria breaks down food—”is well known as a pungent, foul-smelling gas in rotten eggs and flatulence, it is naturally produced in the body and could in fact be a healthcare hero with significant implications for future therapies for a variety of diseases,” Dr. Mark Wood said in a university release.

Although the stinky gas can be noxious in large doses, scientists believe that a whiff here and there has the power to reduce risks of cancer, strokes, heart attacks, arthritis, and dementia by preserving mitochondria.

Researchers are even coming up with their own compound to emulate the stinky smell’s health benefits.

“‘We have exploited this natural process by making a compound, called AP39, which slowly delivers very small amounts of this gas specifically to the mitochondria,” Professor Matt Whiteman, who worked on the study to be published in the Medicinal Chemistry Communications journal, said.

So thank the guy in the elevator. While it might have seemed like the ride from hell, IT MIGHT JUST SAVE YOUR LIFE.

Well now I feel bad. I've been giving the guys still eating protein powder that I play basketball with with all kinds of grief for polluting the court and really they were simply helping us remain cancer free.

Nope, never mind, that's still nasty... and frankly just wrong when you do a low post defender like that.

Nope, never mind, that's still nasty... and frankly just wrong when you do a low post defender like that.

I wish I were still that naive. If you don't mind being scarred for life... you can click here to

be educated on the latest preventative technology you can do at home..  I was at a TEDX talk, and I couldn't believe it when the lecturer mentioned those two words paired as I never expected in my life to hear them paired.   Evidently it's cutting edge prophylactic.

When did I get so old?

Fecal Transplant At Home – DIY Instructions

http://thepowerofpoop.com/epatients/fecal-transplant-instructions/

Here is all you need..  Guess where that funnel goes..

fecal-transplant-shopping-list-1024x725.

Fecal transplant....dude I just laughed ALL THE WAY out loud.

Before I get banned by some trigger happy moderator...  Who truth be told I would sympathize with.  It's real cutting edge science,  even though personally I think there are some scientific boundaries we shouldn't cross..

Doctors Turned Ecologists: Infusion of Donor Feces for Recurrent C. Difficile

- See more at: 

http://blogs.nejm.org/now/index.php/doctors-turned-ecologists-infusion-of-donor-feces-for-recurrent-c-difficile/2013/01/30/

Is it any wonder someone tried the gaseous alternative?

Finally Something PeterMP can be an expert at which I wont challenge him on.

I wish I were still that naive. If you don't mind being scarred for life... you can click here to

be educated on the latest preventative technology you can do at home..  I was at a TEDX talk, and I couldn't believe it when the lecturer mentioned those two words paired as I never expected in my life to hear them paired.   Evidently it's cutting edge prophylactic.

When did I get so old?

Here is all you need..  Guess where that funnel goes..

fecal-transplant-shopping-list-1024x725.

who gets the first daiquiri, the NEXT time that blender is used....? 

I told my honey about this last night. she called bull**** and when I go to send the article to her today it says this.

CORRECTION: An earlier version of this article incorrectly summarized the findings and implications of this study.

I knew this was too good to be true.

Texas Rangers:  Healthiest Pitching Staff in the Majors

On Wednesday, Rangers' quirky pitcher Derek Holland went on the radio and told listeners of KRLD-FM about a game called Fart Bottle Roulette. Holland was asked about how pitchers kill time in the bullpen and he brought up two games they play in Texas: Fart Bottle Roulette and Pink Eye.

Take it away, Derek:

"Basically, there are two games. One is called pink eye. That is when you just fart in somebody's face and they can't flinch. If they move, there is a penalty for it. This all came from Mark Lowe.

'Fart Bottle Roulette' is when you get a bunch of little water bottles, fart into one of them, put them in a bag, shuffle it, and then watch everybody's reaction. Everybody opens a bottle one by one and it's the most nerve-wracking thing every because you really don't want that bottle.

http://deadspin.com/derek-holland-and-the-rangers-play-a-game-called-fart-1606990966

By the way, Derek Holland's nickname is - no lie - Dutch Oven.

http://larrybrownsports.com/baseball/derek-dutch-oven-holland/18213

Archived