Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP: Redskins’ Ben Kotwica has players lining up to join his ‘special forces’

Larry

Knowing our luck, Kotwica will make such an impact on our dreadful special teams that he'll be hired away -- perhaps as a head coach -- next year.  However, it would be very nice to have someone on our staff who is so good at what he does that he is actually worthy of getting a promotion, even if by another team.

Knowing our luck, Kotwica will make such an impact on our dreadful special teams that he'll be hired away -- perhaps as a head coach -- next year.  However, it would be very nice to have someone on our staff who is so good at what he does that he is actually worthy of getting a promotion, even if by another team.

I would assume that he'll be offered a OC or DC job, first. 

Who knows?  Maybe the Skins will be looking for a new DC, next year or two. 

But this speculation is starting to resemble us worrying how we're gonna retain all our players after our Super Bowl win.  :)

I keep remembering one time, last season, Cooley observing that 11 of the last 13 Redskins opponent's scoring drives had started on our side of the 50. 

If our ST was just bad last year, as opposed to historically awful, we would have won 2-3 more games. The stat that killed me was punt returns. The Seahawks gave up something like 17 yds for the WHOLE year and we gave up like 17 PER RETURN. 

If our ST was just bad last year, as opposed to historically awful, we would have won 2-3 more games. The stat that killed me was punt returns. The Seahawks gave up something like 17 yds for the WHOLE year and we gave up like 17 PER RETURN.

WoW!!!  Thats the difference between super bowl champs and 3-13 chumps. 

WoW!!!  Thats the difference between super bowl champs and 3-13 chumps. 

I went back and double checked those numbers. It wasn't quite that bad, but still horrible. Seattle gave up 82 total yards on punt returns and the Skins gave up an average of 16.8 per return. We gave up a total of 655 yds and 3 TDs tied with the Giants for worst in the league. 

I think I heard that 17 and 17 stat before the end of the year. 

We were worst in punt return average but 11th in kick off return average which is strange. I would have guessed we were worse on the kickoffs than that.

Archived