Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN 980 Combine July 12 - I've got a golden ticket

skinsfan12

Will there be Oompa Loompas and chocolate rivers?  Will Grandpa Joe pull his butt out of bed to show off his blazing speed in the 40 yard dash?  

Heck if I know.  I just want to know if those three Everlasting Gobstoppers (aka Lombardi Trophies) are really real.

And, I'll find out on July 12th, as a participant in the Inaugural ESPN 980 Combine.

Anyone else holders of a golden ticket?

Here's the info:

http://espn980.com/pages/pages.php?page=4171

Every year, aspiring rookie players showcase their skills in the NFL Scouting Combine. ESPN 980’s Combine gives YOU the chance to compete - just like the players!

You can ONLY get into the ESPN 980 Combine with an invitation - and you can ONLY get an invitation by listening to ESPN 980 and SportsTalk 570!

Each winner and a guest will compete with each other on the indoor practice field at Redskins Park. Combine tests include passing, kicking, 40-yard dash, vertical jump, pass catching and customized wonderlic test! Various Washington Football legends will act as coaches at each skills station. Points will be awarded for the events.

You'll get to hang around after the Combine for celebrity autographs and a special live ESPN 980 broadcast!

That's awesome man.  Glad it's you and not me.  Make us proud.

(If it were me, I'd be competing with the TE in the 40, the linemen in the vertical, and the kickers in the bench press.  IOW, I'm now slow, weak, and can't jump no more.)

Anyone else holders of a golden ticket?

I have a golden ticket as well. The irony... I was invited by

Related thread from a Cowboys fan on another forum I frequent:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=708193&hl=

Please keep your eye out for this guy and shame him. Thanks.

Just some additional information for you... Some of the former Redskins in attendance will be Brian Mitchell and Chris Cooley.

I have a golden ticket as well. The irony... I was invited by

Just some additional information for you... Some of the former Redskins in attendance will be Brian Mitchell and Chris Cooley.

Cool.  Congrats on getting an invite.  

Your friend really got hammered by that other forum.  It was a pleasure to read the demolishment of his big idea.

Cool. Congrats on getting an invite.

Your friend really got hammered by that other forum. It was a pleasure to read the demolishment of his big idea.

Thanks. I also enjoyed reading through the thread... It was very entertaining. My favorite part was sending him the link to this thread.

Stay classy,...

Go F yourself.

May your stay here be short and ban hammer filled.

More irony?

I don't think that means what you think it means.

I'll bow out of this thread, troll on cowboys bandwagon fans, troll on.

No... I'm pretty sure I'm using the word correctly. You implied for a cowboy's fan to stay classy and then, in turn, demonstrated the exact opposite of class. But I get it... Thanks, though. I always appreciate a good learnin'...

I don't think there are any Cowboy fans in this thread.  I'm not even sure what just happened here.

Anyway, sounds like you'll have a lot of fun at the combine, Sniffler and skinsfan12.  Hope you guys get pictures of the locker room and practice field and stuff.  That would be the chance of a lifetime.  

Would be cool to see some picks of this thing and find out who from the team was there.  

Also, I'd like to know how the experience goes for your friend.  I doubt it will be THAT bad for him.  I can't imagine these guys have spent their entire lives as/after being Redskins and never ran into fans of other teams like that.  It will probably be fine....unless Snyder is in attendance, then all bets are off.  

Anyway, sounds like you'll have a lot of fun at the combine, Sniffler and skinsfan12. Hope you guys get pictures of the locker room and practice field and stuff. That would be the chance of a lifetime.

Would be cool to see some picks of this thing and find out who from the team was there.

Also, I'd like to know how the experience goes for your friend. I doubt it will be THAT bad for him. I can't imagine these guys have spent their entire lives as/after being Redskins and never ran into fans of other teams like that. It will probably be fine....unless Snyder is in attendance, then all bets are off.

Thanks. I'll try to post some pictures of the event, as well as post a synopsis of attendees and activities. I'm sure things aren't going to be bad for Steady Mobbin either... He's a great guy. While he is a proud Cowboy's fan, I've only known him to be very respectful. Besides, its not his fault his parents let him grow up to have horrible judgment in picking sports' teams.

Lol, it looks like it got heated in here for a minute....

Look fellas, you can hate on me all you like, it's to be expected. I'm used to it. I've grown up here my whole life. 90% of my friends, family and coworkers and the majority of my family are obviously Redskins fans.

The truth is I'm not going into full troll mode and I'm not even sure if I'm wearing any of my cowboys gear. I started that thread as sorta a joke/ hyperbole and just started messing with people after it went off the rails.

Sniffler will tell you I can be objective when it comes to the Skins. Despite having a (friendly) hatred for the maroon and mustard I really do respect your franchise. I think it is in the top echelon of the NFL as far as history goes.

The 1991 team is top 3 all time and Gibbs (1.0) is a top 3-8 coach all time. You have a rich tradition of talent. Way back to the ultimate 3 way player, Slinging Sammy Baugh, to Sonny, Monk, Larry Brown (The original Barry Sanders)and BMitch, both belong in the HOF. Then you have the Darrel Greens, Charles Mann and your best DLman ever in the insane Dexter Manley.

So provided everyone keeps their hands to themselves, I won't mind any verbal ribbing I get. I am looking forward to the events more then anything and I'm bringing a jersey or two to get signed for another friend besides Sniffler.

So whoever is going, skins fan or not, I look forward to meeting you and hopefully having more then a few laughs and a great experience.

Lol, it looks like it got heated in here for a minute....So whoever is going, skins fan or not, I look forward to meeting you and hopefully having more then a few laughs and a great experience.

Yeah, I think everyone in the other thread was a little over the top (though I'll admit I laughed a few times), but it sounded like lots of them weren't Cowboys or Skins fans.

I think people outside the rivalry don't understand that there is an understanding that if the Cowboys had carried on the same activity in Dallas, and a Skins fan got to go, the outcome would essentially be the same.

While I was in the military I got into a loud (though not really heated) debate with a guy about 3 ranks over me about something football related.  We were really into it and someone (of my own lowly rank) made a remark that I should shut up because I was arguing with my supervisor's supervisor's supervisor and the guy I was arguing with (Jackson) looked at everyone quietly shaking his head, then looked at me and said, "They just don't understand the rivalry is all."

I've had Cowboys fans as supervisors or bosses at one point in every job I've ever had.  I've never had a problem with any of them (and debated football with ALL of them), so there's no hatred towards the fans from me (though a lot of the bandwagon/casual fans don't know **** about football and due to Dallas' 90's success you guys have a ton of them).

Anyway, I think you'll have a good time, Cowboy's apparel or not.  These guys are pros and they understand the rivalry, they're living it.

Having said all that, you are always welcome on the boards here.  We have several highly respected posters who are Cowboys fans, Giants fans, and a couple Eagles fans.  Just make sure to read the rules so you don't accidentally get booted (especially when starting a new thread, easiest way to get kicked off the forums here).

Really, among fans, the Eagles (insufferable and ****y for no reason) and Seahawks (ignorant and ****y) are the only fans I can't stand.

Archived