Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which RB would you take?

kjames35

I think of it in Revolutionary War general terms.  One guy won some battles, lost others, never stopped caring or trying, had a sweet picture of himself crossing the Delaware, and wound up being our first president.

The second guy won several major victories, looked like the chosen one, but then complained about his situation and the future of the country, he didn't have the same faith as the first guy.  He switched sides to the British.

When I see Alfred Morris, I see George Washington, dogged, determined, first in our hearts and those of his teammates.

When I see Silas Redd, I see Benedict Arnold.  I mean come on, look at the similarities here.  He left Penn State (blue, Colonial colors) for USC (red, Tory colors).  He took off when things looked grim...hell, his last name is Redd, he might as well be a redcoat.  In fact, I have it on good authority that Sir Henry Clinton of the British army had a nickname that loosely translated to "Lane Kiffin" in modern English, and that noted go-between Major Andre was in fact referred to as "Snoop Dog" amongst British loyalists.

I'll have my backfield led by George Washington Morris, thank you very much. 

I have a feeling that he'll get snubbed from the Top 100. I hope I'm wrong.

Was reading an article in Breaking News saying that it looks like RG3 got left out, too. (Although, granted, RG3 had a poor year, last year.)

• 1 month later...

Redd made the team. Good for him. My guess is that he's a bit similar to Alfred and fits in to what Coach Gruden might want to be doing when it comes to the power running game. Hopefully he too can learn to not pull the ball on the ground,(though 5 times in 2012 may not be a lot when it comes to averages),and takes care of both of his knees. 

I like Redd a lot, I think he needs a bit more seasoning, but I think he could be the reason we don't get held to a high value to resign Almo in a year or so.  I think he could be better than Almo, but he's not there right now.   

I wasn't able to really watch preseason 2 years ago so I only heard/read about Morris. How did Redd's rookie preseason compare to Morris'? They seem to be similar players following a similar early career path. Only difference is there is no starting job up for grabs for Redd. He looked good enough that I'd expect him to get more carries per game than Helu by the end of the season.

Archived