Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins Sign 10 College Free Agents

My very early predictions eith no data whatsoever!!!  lol 

Rees and Kevin Perry make the PS -

Don't sleep on Cody Hoffman. He has an NFL pedicure and I love his height. We still don't have a real Red Zone threat. He could sneak in and make the PS for next year or maybe even make the WR position even more interesting than it already is.

My very early predictions eith no data whatsoever!!!  lol 

Rees and Kevin Perry make the PS -

Don't sleep on Cody Hoffman. He has an NFL pedicure and I love his height. We still don't have a real Red Zone threat. He could sneak in and make the PS for next year or maybe even make the WR position even more interesting than it already is.

Cody also a KR...Yeah Skins will carry not more than 7 WRs and it is a tuff roster to crack but...

"Hoffman set BYU career records for receptions (260), touchdowns (33), receiving yards (3,612) and all-purpose yards (5,015) and 100-yard receiving games (18)."

link: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/blogsbyusports/57929203-65/byu-agent-free-games.html.csp

They paid him a signing bonus, not much (like $7,500) - pretty rare for a UDFA to get anything. They must have high hopes for this guy. If he does go PS he'll probably draw more than minimum wage.

How about the size of that TE? Guy is huge, be nice if he was good enough the practice squad and later develop.

Perry, yes he is. But don't go by the Skins - they list him @ 6'6"/275 - everywhere else they put him @ 6'5"/260. He's a pretty good inline blocker, may be better than any other TE on the roster outside of Paulsen. Skins carried 3 TE's last year but might stretch it to 4, it fits Jay's style. Wouldn't be too surprised to see both Bolser & Perry make it although PS is most likely.

One guy I really like, but did not make this list is Quadron Christian Clemson OLB 6'3" 235 lb. Love his speed and quickness and physicality and a sure tackler. I'm told he is in our camp as well and just wondering why no one is talking about him??? He appears to be a keeper.

Here's one undrafted free agent we have in camp that looks like a keeper.

@  Campbell - don't think he's signed yet and might not be on the list if he is a 'Tryout'. 

Yeah, he  has some talent - listed as an OLB but more of a SAM or ILB actually. Really good lateral movement & good against the run.

Link for list of tryouts as of 17 May: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2014/05/17/redskins-rookie-minicamp-roster-features-38-tryout-players/

Another update:

Signed UFA DE Frank Kearse

Signed College free agents CB Courtney Bridget, S Ross Madison and CB Blake Sailors.

Waived DL Chris Davenport, S Jose Gumbs, TE Kevin Perry and QB Tommy Rees.

Wouldn't read a whole into the waived UDFAs just yet. Gumbs, maybe not going to get an invite back.

Sorry guys but I was up in enemy territory...Pittsburgh over the w/e to see a show. The show was amazing but we went to some famous restaurant, Primanti Bros where they served sandwiches with cole-slaw and fries right on the sandwich....of course they had one named for a certain Steeler QB....for the record, all four of us agreed that they all tasted like cra*! All hype but horrific food. I'm glad to be back in the land of Bur/Gold!!

Erad

@erad - never heard of Cole Slaw and fries on bread, it sounds horrible.

Slow your role there boys!!   Nothing better than a good pulled pork BBQ sandwich with coleslaw on it! And since I love Fries, can't see any harm in adding them!!   May want to try it in the good ole' south first!  Them yankees don't know how to make real BBQ!!  :-)   Just saying'!!

Archived